NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Update on Julius Peppers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

Update on Julius Peppers Empty
PostSubject: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyWed Mar 03 2010, 21:00

Word from an inside source of the Eagles on free agent defensive end Julius Peppers:

Quote :
The Eagles will re-sign FB Leonard Weaver to a long-term deal and sign UFA DE Julius Peppers by Friday. Two moves that will push this team in the right direction and retake the NFC East Division.
Back to top Go down
http://catcraveradio.com
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyWed Mar 03 2010, 22:49

That could be a good fit for both Peppers and the Eagles. They need to put themselves into to superbowl contention for McNabb's and Andy Reid's sake.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyWed Mar 03 2010, 23:42

I'm not so sure if McNabb really has a sake in Philly anymore. The Eagles paid Michael Vick his roster bonus of $1.5 million, so that's more of an indicator that they'll keep Vick, especially as even with that bonus being paid, it only increases his value to a fourth-round draft pick.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyThu Mar 04 2010, 19:50

I wasn't aware that Vick has been paid his signing bonus. I hear he'd like to play in Carolina. McNabb's not going anywhere while Reid is HC, but Phillie is not a forgiving place, can they both last another season, hell I'd take McNabb to Buffalo any day.
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyThu Mar 04 2010, 20:14

My co-host is an avid Eagles fan with ties to the organization, and said that the Eagles paid Vick his roster bonus.

Vick did state he would like to play in Carolina, which was rather stupid on his part since he is under contract with the Eagles. And I didn't care too much for his reasons of playing in Carolina, especially where he likes their uniforms as one of his reasons. If he's going to break his contract obligations with Philly and talk about why he wants to be a Panther, then at least make the crime worth the punishment he'll likely receive.

I would have been more receptive to a response from Vick with some substance. Like I like the style of offense Carolina employs, or I'd love to be on the same team as Steve Smith. Something better than "I like their uniforms" and "I get to play against my old team twice a year."

I'd rather have McNabb in Carolina than Vick. Everyone says that Vick will give Matt Moore viable competition at the QB position, but unless John Fox is going to implement a Wildcat system, I don't see the logic. Moore needs a QB who can throw and complete passes to compete against.

Also, Vick says he'd like to play against his old team twice a year, as if they owe him something for going in a direction without him. It speaks volumes of Vick's character and that he feels he's owed still.

McNabb in Buffalo would be a good pick-up for the Bills.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyThu Mar 04 2010, 22:56

I've never been a huge Vick fan, even less after the whole thing. I don't like the idea of building a team around one player. There was talk of Vick coming to Buffalo, I wasn't too pleased to hear it, but on reflection we need a QB who can make plays behind a poor Oline. So he could have been a good fit.
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyThu Mar 04 2010, 23:02

To me, Vick is a situational player. There's really no big need for his style of QB in the league. He'll be 30 soon, and to me he's more of a flavor of the month as opposed to an athlete you can break and retrain.

He could do some good in Buffalo behind a shaky O-line, but that's about it on any team.

As for Peppers, it's reported that the Seahawks could make a big push for him.

To date the Eagles, Redskins, Browns, Bears, Falcons, Patriots, and now Seahawks have expressed interest in Peppers.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyThu Mar 04 2010, 23:03

Highest bidder baby.
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyThu Mar 04 2010, 23:19

Pretty much, that's what it boils down to.

The thing is, most of these teams are not consistent playoff contenders like he claims that he wants to be involved with. So, if he signs with a team like Seattle, Cleveland, Washington, Chicago, or Atlanta he's more in it for the money than for winning and competing for a championship. But, to each his own.

I'm not trying to slight the Bears either, for the record.
Back to top Go down
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 00:29

Sorry Cats cant let you away with that one
I was watching NFL network yesterday and they were suggesting the same ,that if Peppers went to Washington it would be for cash and if he went to New England it would be for less but a greater chance of rings,but honestly I think that those arguments dont stand up now the power has shifted in the NFL.
all the teams you mention are definatly teams on the Up and teams who in recent years are regularly in the playoffs, Philly, NYG ,NE who Peppers has also been linked to are IMO going in the opposite direction, Seattle and Chicago were NFC Champions only a few seasons ago and Chicago in particular are a team that could be a genuine contender in a very short time,sure we need things to go just right but, Peppers would speed up that process.

Seattle, Cleveland, Washington, and Atlanta could easily be contenders too ,they've all made very positive moves lately and could all be surprise teams in 2010.

wasnt long ago the steelers were superbowl champs and the Bengals were a laughing stock ,what a difference a year makes.heck your own teams division the NFC south has had a different division winner every year and now has the superbowl champs in it .Last year the Panthers nearly went all the way too ,this year they collapsed same with Atlanta .

dont forget the current superbowl champs although with an upgraded defence are the same team a Rex Grosmann lead Bears team destroyed in the NFC champ game a few seasons ago.A bears team missing 2 pro bowlers on defence that day too. Saints managed to stay healthy since then and upgraded theyre defence ,the Bears were struck with injuries year on year and had to revamp the offence but could now be ready to make a real run .be warned
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 00:56

That's all good and well, and I respect your outlook. However, I am looking at a lot of these free agent moves as one-year deals for the most part.

Not so much with peppers, but there's a good chance that a team like the Redskins will overspend and be caught with their pants down next year when there could be a CBA in place.

Keep in mind, neither New Orleans nor Indianapolis can have a play in this race.

The Jets, Vikings, Dallas, Ravens, Chargers, and Cardinals are also ineligible to go after Peppers, unless they lose a free agent of equal or greater value.

Seattle is a couple years away from being a playoff contender. I'm mainly skeptical of Pete Carroll at this time as a head coach in the NFL. His first tour was nothing to be proud of, but maybe in the right situation, like Belichick, he will succeed.

If Pep does in fact want to be in a 3-4 defense the Redskins will pay out the wazoo for his services. They've already planned for an invasion, releasing Randle El and Cartwright.

Last I heard (about 15-20 minutes ago), the Bears and Redskins are the biggest players in the Peppers' sweepstakes. However, that could be all the hoopla a team like Philadelphia needs to steal him out from under their noses, same with the Patriots.

The witching hour is nigh. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 01:52

would'nt judge pete carroll to harshly based on his first stint in the NFL , and dont forget belicheat did'nt have a great record with the Browns in his first headcoaching role, who knows if he'd be the genius he is now Rolling Eyes if Tom Brady hadnt flopped in his lap and dont forget the illegal filming of other team practices . Panthers might have a superbowl only for that cheater.For me the media have built up so may players ,teams and coaches I like my own judgment better Smile
Update on Julius Peppers Nfl_ap_belichick_412

i'll be sick if Peppers goes to New England,they always seem to swing the most unbeliveable deals.Im still wondering how they got Randy moss for nothing Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers EmptyFri Mar 05 2010, 02:24

Nan, you're fine. You're well within the realm of reality.

Who knows where Pep winds up? I too hope it's not with the evil empire, lol.

I know I'd love to see him play in Philly, because it's an hour away from me, and I am partial to the Eagles living in this area.

I hope the best for Carroll..Just saying that his first stint was nothing to write home about, and same with Belichick.

Also, I found out what Belichick was terming the "cheating." He called it "research." Wink, wink, lol.

To get Randy Moss, they probably did the same thing they will do to try and lure Pep.

Belichick: "We aren't going to ask you to be a team leader, just play defense for us. While you're here, check out the hardware."

Pep: "Oh, those are nice coach. When can I start? Where do I sign?" Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on Julius Peppers   Update on Julius Peppers Empty

Back to top Go down

Update on Julius Peppers
Page 1 of 1