NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

replica sizing: US different from European?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

replica sizing: US different from European? Empty
PostSubject: replica sizing: US different from European?   replica sizing: US different from European? EmptySun Apr 11 2010, 22:00

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before (I haven't found it anywhere if it has!)

I recently ordered a Bucs replica jersey from nflshop.com and selected size S, as I have a Colts replica in size S that I bought last year at Wembley that fits just fine. But when the Bucs replica arrived, it was around 3/4" narrower (measuring armpit to armpit) and looked plain bad on me. (Length was exactly the same though). Comparing the wash labels, the Colts jersey I bought at Wembley has the size listed in UK size as well as other European variants, but the Bucs nflshop jersey just has the one size on the label (for US market).

So my question is this: do the jersey dimensions of a replica jersey differ depending on whether it's for European or US market, or did I just get a bad batch?

It can't be a fake as it came from the official nfl outlet, but to be honest, the Bucs nflshop jersey looked far inferior than the Colts Wembley one. (Most noticably the Bucs boat image and black band at edge of sleeve: both are screen-printed but look and feel cheap and tacky, and are lower-quality than the screen-printed numbers and name letters. The Colts Wembley replica however, just looks classy in my opinion.)

I can't upload photos as I've already sent it back for refund but I'm very curious to know if I'll have the same problem with sizing if I order another replica online (from a reputable source).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: replica sizing: US different from European?   replica sizing: US different from European? EmptySun Apr 11 2010, 23:04

Welcome zonedog,

Interesting question. I was led to believe that there was no sizing difference at all between the US and International. Saying that all my jerseys have come from the states, so I've never bought one from the UK. Usually they are similar sizing, our mediums are the same as the Us medium. This is not true of the authentic as they are bigger to accommodate pads underneath.

One answer could be the country of manufacture. Reebok has used several countries and different factories within those countries, which could be the reason. I don't suppose you noticed where it was made?

https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Runnings
Probowler
Probowler
Runnings

PostSubject: Re: replica sizing: US different from European?   replica sizing: US different from European? EmptySun Apr 11 2010, 23:16

I had a similar issue recently.

Most of my Replicas are Large, I recently picked up a bargain Rivers Replica (£2.20 BNWT!!) in size Large but it is a little tighter than all the others I have.

I don't think it is to do US/European sizing as it came with the US Tag and Hologram, not the International one. As Billsfan says it could be the country of manufacture, all my size L Replicas previously were made in Korea but this was Honduras.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: replica sizing: US different from European?   replica sizing: US different from European? EmptyMon Apr 12 2010, 21:27

Actually, in my case both the Bucs US jersey and the Colts European one were both made in Honduras, so guess it's just down to factory differences!

For what it's worth, the label on my Colts European has "UK S" and "US S" (as well as other countries' sizing), so it looks like they are supposed to be the same size anyway.

Bit of a disappointment though, seeing as it came from nflshop.com, as I thought there was no way there can be any sizing problem with the official OFFICIAL source! (Got hit hard with customs taxes anyway, so will not be buying from them again: €37 customs for 1 adult and 1 kids jersey!!) affraid

Thanks for your help anyway!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: replica sizing: US different from European?   replica sizing: US different from European? EmptyMon Apr 12 2010, 21:37

No problem, if it's replica's your after then I would recommend ebay, as the replica's aren't faked and most sellers will mark the jerseys as gifts so no customs.

PostSubject: Re: replica sizing: US different from European?   replica sizing: US different from European? EmptyMon Apr 12 2010, 21:51

Great site by the way; keep up the good work!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: replica sizing: US different from European?   replica sizing: US different from European? EmptyMon Apr 12 2010, 23:29

Thanks, glad you are finding it useful.

teamscolorsuk

PostSubject: Re: replica sizing: US different from European?   replica sizing: US different from European? EmptyWed Apr 14 2010, 11:00

Football Jersey Sizing Chart
Use these charts to help determine which jersey size will best fit you.

Reebok Men's NFL Replica Jerseys
Size S M L XL XXL 3XL 4XL 5XL
Jersey Size 46 48 50 52 54 56 58 60
Chest 42 46 50 54 58 62 66 70
BoLength (front) 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
BoLength (back) 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE GARMENT MEASUREMENTS, NOT BODY MEASUREMENTS

Reebok Men's NFL Authentic Jerseys
Size S M L XL XXL 3XL 4XL 5XL
Jersey Size 46 48 50 52 54 56 58 60
Chest 46 48 50 52 54 58 62 66
Body Length 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 40

PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE GARMENT MEASUREMENTS, NOT BODY MEASUREMENTS

Mitchell & Ness Men's NFL Throwback Authentic Jerseys
Size S M L XL 2XL 3XL 4XL 5XL
Jersey Size 36 40 44 48 52 56 60 64 Chest 35-37 38-40 42-44 46-48 50-52 54-56 58-60 62-64
Body Length 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Reebok Women's NFL Jerseys
Jersey Size S M L XL XXL 3XL 4XL
Size Number 2-4 6-8 10-12 14-16 18-20 22-24 24-26
Bust 32-24 34.5-36 36.5-38 38.5-41 41.5-43 43.5-47 47.5-51

Describes measurements of a woman's body 5'3 1/2" - 5'7 1/2" tall.
Tip: Women's jersey has slender shaped cut, not boxy. order one size up if you like to wear loose.

Youth Sizes
S M L XL
Size 8 10-12 14-16 18-20
Chest 26-28 30-32 34-36 38-40

hope it will be helpful

visite
[url]www.teamscolors.co.[/url]uk
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamscolors.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: replica sizing: US different from European?   replica sizing: US different from European? EmptyWed Apr 21 2010, 00:37

Yeah, I saw that sizing chart on nflshop.com, but it's way off when compared with the 2 jerseys I mentioned at the top of this thread. Here's how my International label Colts jersey compares with the S and M sizes in the above chart:

................................ nflshop.com ............ my Colts jersey
.............................. measurements ....... (International label)
Size ............................ S ....... M ........................ S
Jersey Size ................ 46 ...... 48 ....................... -
Chest ........................ 42 ...... 46 ..................... 43"
Body Length (front) ... 30 ...... 31 ..................... 28.5"
Body Length (back) ... 32 ...... 33 ..................... 31"

Bearing in mind that my Colts jersey actually shrunk a bit width-ways after first wash (even with lukewarm handwash and drip-dry! affraid ), so it would have been closer to 43.5” or 44" chest size initially. So that's definitely wider than the nflshop “S” measurements! I don't think the body length shrunk, but even if it has a little, it's definitely no longer than the nflshop “S” measurements, and probably a little shorter anyway.

On the other hand, the actual Bucs jersey I received from nflshop.com was probably pretty close to the 42” chest of the nflshop measurements, but was the same (shorter) length of my actual Colts jersey! So basically, the chart was ok width-wise for that one, but the jersey was still shorter in reality.

So at least in my case, it looks like there was a difference between my International label bought at Wembley and the US label I bought online. I'd be interested to know what others can report, but it looks like the International “S” is a hybrid of the US “S/46” and “M/48”.

Check out what's on my International label to see what I mean:
| ................................... |
| .GER .... ITA ..... ASIA .. |
| ..48 .... M/48 ...... M .... |
| ................................... |
| .. Made in Honduras .. |
|__________________|

That's two S's, three M's, and two 48's all on the same label! scratch

Strangely, sorting through all this has actually helped me: it explains why my Bucs jersey was so tight ('cos it's supposed to be that way!) and that while I can safely buy a “S” next time at Wembley, I'll probably need to go for a “M” online.

Bottom line I suppose is try before you buy, or get actual measurements if sold online!

Hope this is useful to someone else too!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: replica sizing: US different from European?   replica sizing: US different from European? Empty

Back to top Go down

replica sizing: US different from European?
Page 1 of 1