NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Authentics from NFL shop

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler
finfan1uk

Authentics from NFL shop Empty
PostSubject: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptyMon Apr 19 2010, 04:28

Just wondering if anyone here has paid full price for an authentic jersey from the nfl.com shop?

If so were you happy with the quality of your jersey?

If you were hit on the door for a customs charge, how much Question
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptyMon Apr 19 2010, 18:24

I've personally never bought from them. I know that they will not mark as a gift and so you would normally attract a customs charge. Are you talking about a customised jersey or just a normal authentic?
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptyMon Apr 19 2010, 21:54

saw this on another thread (not mine):

Quote :
£69.99 custom charges , the jersey with delivery only cost £160 ($230).

here's the thread:
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com/general-jersey-talk-f10/nflcom-store-t989.htm
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler
finfan1uk

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptyMon Apr 19 2010, 22:57

Billsfan wrote:
Are you talking about a customised jersey or just a normal authentic?

Just a normal authentic, I was thinking about possibly ordering a current player jersey, maybe a pennington
Back to top Go down
nealefred2
Rookie
Rookie
nealefred2

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptyWed Jun 16 2010, 20:19

I haven't ordered an authentic from them but I have gotten several t-shirts etc. And had to pay customs every time - think it was about £20 on an order of £100!
Back to top Go down
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptyThu Jun 17 2010, 00:50

gcstrekker wrote:
Billsfan wrote:
Are you talking about a customised jersey or just a normal authentic?

Just a normal authentic, I was thinking about possibly ordering a current player jersey, maybe a pennington

your going to all this trouble for a Pennington Dolphins jersey affraid ,Pennington will be remembered as a Jet and might never play again for the Dolphins .He's also coming off serious shoulder surgery and rumors from Miami says that retirement is imminent . Of course its your own personal decision but if I was going to pay all that money for a jersey it would be for someone that's going to around for a few years with the same team or a legend that will be remembered for a certain team but each to they're own confused
Back to top Go down
JohnIceStorm
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptyFri Jun 18 2010, 23:33

Don't order from NFLShop. Order from FansEdge (no I do not work for them, though their customer service is great) and have a custom done via EPS.

http://www.fansedge.com/Miami-Dolphins-Authentic-Aqua-Jersey-Select-a-Player-_-1875157562_PD.html

Even better check NFLAuctions for a team issued or game worn Dolphins jersey as that's even better.
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler
finfan1uk

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptySat Jun 19 2010, 14:38

thank's for all the advice folk's. I ultimately decided against buying an authentic from nfl.com or any other US retail site.

By the time the shipping and customs charges are factored in its just too expensive. I'll just have to keep my eye out for those bargins!
Back to top Go down
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptySat Jun 19 2010, 18:36

gcstrekker wrote:
thank's for all the advice folk's. I ultimately decided against buying an authentic from nfl.com or any other US retail site.

By the time the shipping and customs charges are factored in its just too expensive. I'll just have to keep my eye out for those bargins!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-Dolphins-Dan-Marino-Vtg-Authentic-Jersey-Sz-48-/270595304012?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f00bcaa4c
just seen this on ebay mate,ive the same jersey but this looks better than mine ,seller is a good bloke too.
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler
finfan1uk

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptySat Jun 19 2010, 20:17

dubbear wrote:
just seen this on ebay mate,ive the same jersey but this looks better than mine ,seller is a good bloke too.

Thank's for pointing that one out dubbear, the same guy is offering the jersey through jersey central. Im just not that keen on the 1995 marino jerseys, llooking for something a bit more up to date.

Im considering this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JUNIOR-SEAU-Miami-Dolphins-Authentic-Real-NFL-Jersey-48-/400125339085?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item5d295425cd

but the guy wants $130 which on one hand i think is fair as its brand new with tags. but on the other hand i can't help but think its a bit more than i'd want to spend on an older jersey.

do ya think im being a bit tight?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptySat Jun 19 2010, 20:37

gcstrekker wrote:

do ya think im being a bit tight?

No I think that's a bit expensive for an older jersey of a player that left years ago.
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler
finfan1uk

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptySat Jun 19 2010, 20:55

Thank's for that Billsfan,

that was my feeling too, but hearing it off someone else helps me to not talk myself into over paying

Cheers m8!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptySat Jun 19 2010, 21:01

How about this, any good?

Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler
finfan1uk

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptySat Jun 19 2010, 22:48

Billsfan wrote:
How about this, any good?

Thank's for that Billsfan,

I actualy have an aqua porter, im looking for a size 48 in either white or orange have no paticular preference though.
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler
finfan1uk

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptyMon Jun 21 2010, 18:12

JohnIceStorm wrote:
Don't order from NFLShop. Order from FansEdge (no I do not work for them, though their customer service is great) and have a custom done via EPS.

http://www.fansedge.com/Miami-Dolphins-Authentic-Aqua-Jersey-Select-a-Player-_-1875157562_PD.html

Even better check NFLAuctions for a team issued or game worn Dolphins jersey as that's even better.

Thank's for the advice mate i'll bare that in mind, i did notice however that FansEdge is also quite a bit more expensive than the nfl shop. Fans edge is asking £255 ( approx $377) and NFL shop is $288 which is a significant difference.
Back to top Go down
JohnIceStorm
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptyMon Jun 21 2010, 23:34

Oh my fault. I did not realize there was such a difference.
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler
finfan1uk

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptyTue Jun 22 2010, 23:34

no problems mate.

It's a bit cheeky really when you log on to the homepage the site recognises that i am outside the US and sets GBP as the default currency. If you proceed to change the currency you have the option of selecting another european currency or to continue as a US customer. If you proceed as a US customer the prices for the authentic jerseys are $284.

This to me just seems like an oportunity to rip off european customers because in no way is $284 equivalent to £255. Neither price includes shipping so i dont see why there should be any extra cost involved scratch

I may just email them an ask why there is such a discrepancy
Back to top Go down
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler
finfan1uk

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptyFri Jun 25 2010, 18:37

I emailed fans edge a couple of days ago just to see if i would get a responce but nothing so far.
I hope my last post did not seem a little OTT like i have a major bee in my bonnet about this or anything, im just curious to know what the justification is.

P.S JohnIceStorm, any chance you could post some pics of your custom jerseys i'd be real interested in seeing them.?

also are you the same side of the pond as me or are you in the US?( just being nosey lol! )
Back to top Go down
JohnIceStorm
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop EmptyFri Jun 25 2010, 22:17

I don't have any custom jerseys to show you pictures of because like you I was considering getting a custom jersey until I heard of the declining quality of Reebok jerseys.

As for your other question, I am from New Jersey in the United States.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Authentics from NFL shop   Authentics from NFL shop Empty

Back to top Go down

Authentics from NFL shop
Page 1 of 1