NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Canuckle
Rookie
Rookie

Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys??? Empty
PostSubject: Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys???   Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys??? EmptyFri May 21 2010, 08:14

Hi guys, I got a big chunk of stain on my jersey and was wondering how to remove it. Can I wash it in the washing machine? Hot? Cold? Warm? Dry clean? I really don't want to ruin my authentic jersey so please help! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
lewyofrct
Rookie
Rookie
lewyofrct

PostSubject: Re: Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys???   Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys??? EmptyFri May 21 2010, 13:58

Hi ,

If you scroll down through General Jersey Talk, last but 1, dated August 2009, many tips on how to wash your jersey safely.
Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys???   Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys??? EmptySat Jun 05 2010, 01:06

I just noticed this post (sorry)...

If you don't feel like looking for the post, I'll tell you exactly how I wash some of the game worn authentics which I don't sell.

I have washed them in a standard top-loader washer, though I generally don't like the results -- not that the results are bad necessarily, but I just don't like putting the detergent in and swirling it around while the machine is filling, before I add the jersey/s.

You CAN do that, or if you have a laundromat nearby, I usually do that.

Go to the laundromat, throw em in one of the washers that opens from the front, not the top (much better agitation action and better spin-dry than a top-loader). If you want to use detergent, you can; whatever brand you prefer, doesn't really matter.

With mine, since I wear a shirt under my jerseys, they really don't funk too much, if at all, so I'll just put some Oxi-Clean in the washer and nothing else. You can add fabric softener if you like.

Let the washer do it's thing -- I'd wash it in warm water. Warm tends to make the Oxi-Clean work much better, and it helps to loosen anything that's soiled.

When it's done, you can either take it home and let it hang-dry, or if you want to save yourself the trouble, put it in the dryer for like 20 minutes on either low heat or cool air dry only. Anything warmer than low heat makes the jersey retain whatever smell was in it before it was washed, thus defeating the entire purpose of your trip to the laundromat.

If you want to use detergent to freshen it up, I like either Tide or Cheer (I don't know if you have that where you live as I don't know where you live, lol so please forgive me).

I especially like to use Cheer, add Oxi-Clean, and Downy fabric softener, then I use a Bounce original scent dryer sheet, and the jerseys come out smelling magnificent; almost like a cedar wood smell. I love it!

So I hope this helps answer your question, and if you have anymore, feel free to post them on-site or you're quite welcome to send me a private message.
Back to top Go down
http://catcraveradio.com
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys???   Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys??? EmptySat Jun 05 2010, 02:01

CatsFan wrote:
I just noticed this post (sorry)...

If you don't feel like looking for the post, I'll tell you exactly how I wash some of the game worn authentics which I don't sell.

I have washed them in a standard top-loader washer, though I generally don't like the results -- not that the results are bad necessarily, but I just don't like putting the detergent in and swirling it around while the machine is filling, before I add the jersey/s.

You CAN do that, or if you have a laundromat nearby, I usually do that.

Go to the laundromat, throw em in one of the washers that opens from the front, not the top (much better agitation action and better spin-dry than a top-loader). If you want to use detergent, you can; whatever brand you prefer, doesn't really matter.

With mine, since I wear a shirt under my jerseys, they really don't funk too much, if at all, so I'll just put some Oxi-Clean in the washer and nothing else. You can add fabric softener if you like.

Let the washer do it's thing -- I'd wash it in warm water. Warm tends to make the Oxi-Clean work much better, and it helps to loosen anything that's soiled.

When it's done, you can either take it home and let it hang-dry, or if you want to save yourself the trouble, put it in the dryer for like 20 minutes on either low heat or cool air dry only. Anything warmer than low heat makes the jersey retain whatever smell was in it before it was washed, thus defeating the entire purpose of your trip to the laundromat.

If you want to use detergent to freshen it up, I like either Tide or Cheer (I don't know if you have that where you live as I don't know where you live, lol so please forgive me).

I especially like to use Cheer, add Oxi-Clean, and Downy fabric softener, then I use a Bounce original scent dryer sheet, and the jerseys come out smelling magnificent; almost like a cedar wood smell. I love it!

So I hope this helps answer your question, and if you have anymore, feel free to post them on-site or you're quite welcome to send me a private message.

thats great advice Catsfan,but what are us Europeans to do ?we dont have topload washing machines and they dont sell Cheer or Oxi clean in the Uk or Ireland .
you really need to see this side of the pond ,I think youd be amazed Very Happy
I know for a fact that oxi-clean killed Bill Mays
Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys??? Oxiclean

just messing with ya man geek

but may I recommend for us side loaders
Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys??? 0starpack200902 magical stuff,for stubborn stains just rub a little in. its made for using in a cold wash so youve no fear of shrinking or colour problems and its uses fabrezze so it smells lovely and fresh.
also tastes great on corn flakes affraid
I'd never put a jersey near a spin dryer by the way .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys???   Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help! How to wash Authentic jerseys???
Page 1 of 1