NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Authentic Steelers Jersey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nealefred2
Rookie
Rookie
nealefred2

Authentic Steelers Jersey Empty
PostSubject: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptyThu Jun 10 2010, 13:35

I was wondering if you could help me please?

I am hoping to buy an authentic team colour Steelers jersey (Ward 86 - http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1772694&cp=2237514.2238694&pageType=family&parentPage=family ) from nflshop.com but before I spend the money I’d like to know if the sleeves stripes are stiff printed vinyl or soft woven fabric?

I have a premier jersey that I love except for the printed sleeves that are starting to crack and peel (I’m also not too happy with the Roethlisberger 7 on the back but that’s a different issue!). Could you help me please? I’m pretty sure that the white and alternative jerseys have the woven sleeves but can’t find and info on the black team colour jersey.

If you have any advice on sizes that would be awesome too - I’m 5’10”, 195 pounds and have a 44” chest. I don’t really want it too large just big get a light jumper under to keep me warm during the Wembley game in October.

Thanks for your help – keep up the good work supporting the NFL UKs fans!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptyThu Jun 10 2010, 19:04

Welcome nice to have you here,

Yes the home authentic does have woven sleeve stripes. The thing with the authentic is that they do come up a little large, so if you wear a large replica or premier then you'd go down a size and get the 48 medium authentic.

Hope that answers your questions.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
nealefred2
Rookie
Rookie
nealefred2

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptyFri Jun 11 2010, 12:48

Thanks Billsfan - exactly want I needed! Very Happy

You're a legend in the UK Jersey game!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptyFri Jun 11 2010, 23:42

nealefred2 wrote:
Thanks Billsfan - exactly want I needed! Very Happy

You're a legend in the UK Jersey game!

Very kind of you to say so.
Back to top Go down
JohnIceStorm
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptySun Jun 13 2010, 22:38

Get it from FansEdge instead. They use EPS for their custom work which is better than Stahl's (what NFLShop uses for their custom work).
Back to top Go down
nealefred2
Rookie
Rookie
nealefred2

PostSubject: Pictures   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 20:11

Anyone got any good photos of an authentic home Steelers jersey?

Some nice close ups of the names, numbers, sleeves, collars, cuffs, tags etc would be great - just to know what I am getting into with my first steps into the authentics market!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
markg
markg

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptyTue Jun 15 2010, 23:04

i have a hines ward authentic paid over 100 quid or 200 dollars for it
Back to top Go down
JohnIceStorm
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptyWed Jun 16 2010, 02:05

http://product.images.fansedge.com/46-01/46-01072-F.jpg
Back to top Go down
nealefred2
Rookie
Rookie
nealefred2

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptyWed Jun 16 2010, 17:10

Thanks JohnIceStorm - think I might go to fansedge to pick it up! Looking of the best quality possible.

Markg do have any close up photos? The customer service guys at nlfshop have told me that they think the strips are screen printed vinyl but I'm much more inclined to believe Billsfan when he says they are woven.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
JohnIceStorm
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptyWed Jun 16 2010, 18:04

FansEdge uses EPS for their customization, NFLShop uses Stahl's. I bought my friend a customized Raiders replica jersey from OntheField.com (that also uses Stahl's) and I was not impressed.

If I wasn't impressed with screened on names, numbers, and logos... I'm not taking a shot at buying an "authentic".
Back to top Go down
nealefred2
Rookie
Rookie
nealefred2

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptySun Jun 20 2010, 17:38

I have a problem - I need a size 48 authentic WARD 86 black jersey.

Fansedge don't have any size 48 neither premade nor blank and aren't sure when/if they'll be getting more in (according to their customer services).

nflshop don't have any premades - so if I want it I'll have to go with nflshops custom options i.e. stahls!

What should I do? Will I just leave it and see if fansedge get in new stock.

My order of preference is:
Fansedge custom
Fansedge premade
NFLshop premade
NFLshop custom (last resort)

I'm in no great hurry but would like it before the new season kicks off.
Back to top Go down
JohnIceStorm
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptySun Jun 20 2010, 20:34

Yeah I would wait it out. Football season won't be here for that long and they'll have a size 48 authentic grade.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey EmptySun Jun 20 2010, 21:25

I'd leave it until nearer the start of the season. More jerseys will be available then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Authentic Steelers Jersey   Authentic Steelers Jersey Empty

Back to top Go down

Authentic Steelers Jersey
Page 1 of 1