NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DieHardSteel

DieHardSteel

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! Empty
PostSubject: Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions!   Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! EmptyMon Oct 18 2010, 09:22

So i was given a couple of jerseys from my father today. He found out i was starting to collect them and wanted to give me his since he never wears them. I am super careful about fakes since i bought and got rid of my last jersey which was a fake. (thanks to those that helped me!) Anyways i wanted to do some research on these. The Emmitt smith jersey i think is authentic. Though i cant find ANYTHING on it or the "Cowboy legends" brand of jersey. Is it authentic? The Joe Namath is a gridiron classic throwback. I believe it to be a Premier jersey. I only have one issue with it. The tags have the NFL players tag. Ive read that fakes have that tag. Is it a legit Premier? Im happy to add these to my collection cause i was planning on buying them anyway but i just want to make sure they are legit. Additional details below and many thanks!

ANOTHER thing i found odd was the cowboys writing on the front of the jersey. It seems to be a mini patch and not on the jersey itself. I have yet to see that.

Emmitt smith size 48
Joe Namath size L
NFL Hologram has the following on it: AFC and NFC logo's, footballs, NFL logo, National football league writing.

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170008

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170007

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170006

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170005

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170004

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170003

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170002

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170001

NAMATH

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170009

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170010

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170011

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170012

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170013

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170014

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170015

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170016

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170017

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170018

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! H1170019
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions!   Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! EmptyMon Oct 18 2010, 09:58

The NFLPA logo is meant to be there on the Namath, so it's fine. I've not seen the tag on the Smith jersey before, but the equipment badge looks good and the 'Cowboys' badge should be a patch and not sewn in, so I'd be happy with it to.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
DieHardSteel

DieHardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions!   Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! EmptyMon Oct 18 2010, 10:10

Billsfan wrote:
The NFLPA logo is meant to be there on the Namath, so it's fine. I've not seen the tag on the Smith jersey before, but the equipment badge looks good and the 'Cowboys' badge should be a patch and not sewn in, so I'd be happy with it to.

Thanks a ton for the help. Is there any reason in particular that i can not find that emmitt jersey that i have anywhere online? Is it hard to come by?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions!   Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! EmptyMon Oct 18 2010, 10:29

The Cowboys are the only team that didn't sign up to the reebok deal and still control their own merchandising. That's why their jerseys have a Cowboys tag and not a Reebok. Iwould get in touch with the Cowboys pro shop and see if they are able to give you any history on it.
Back to top Go down
DieHardSteel

DieHardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions!   Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! EmptyMon Oct 18 2010, 10:36

Billsfan wrote:
The Cowboys are the only team that didn't sign up to the reebok deal and still control their own merchandising. That's why their jerseys have a Cowboys tag and not a Reebok. Iwould get in touch with the Cowboys pro shop and see if they are able to give you any history on it.

Interesting. Thanks again for your help. This is by far one of the best sites for Jersey collectors.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions!   Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! EmptyMon Oct 18 2010, 10:57

You're welcome, anytime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions!   Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions! Empty

Back to top Go down

Emmitt Smith and Joe Namath jersey questions!
Page 1 of 1