NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is my jersey a fake??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drewzer

Is my jersey a fake?? Empty
PostSubject: Is my jersey a fake??   Is my jersey a fake?? EmptyThu Nov 04 2010, 12:17

Hello all, new guy here to the site and to the world of jersey collecting. You have a great site that's proven useful to me thus far. I wanted to share some photos of some jerseys I recently purchased to see if you can tell if they're fake. IMHO they're pretty good but I want to test your eye. Here are some pics. The first set is one that is harder to tell. The second is one that's easy to spot.

Is my jersey a fake?? 6a4b1ada
Is my jersey a fake?? Cb5b7e73
Is my jersey a fake?? 55a359f5

Is my jersey a fake?? 11039da8

Is my jersey a fake?? B9c8f147

Is my jersey a fake?? 78c50605

Hope these help spot the fake. I purchased this one on hopes I found an authentic for cheap. I was duped but all in all I'm satisfied with it. These next pictures are of a throwback I purchased. Very easy to spot the differences here but you be the judge.

Is my jersey a fake?? 2748d239

Is my jersey a fake?? 755a4d54

Is my jersey a fake?? B6d575fb

Is my jersey a fake?? 36d21952
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Is my jersey a fake??   Is my jersey a fake?? EmptyThu Nov 04 2010, 19:11

Welcome to the forum,

I would say that both of those jerseys are fake. The reebok vector on the sleeves are very poorly embroidered. The numbers on the first are very bubbly and shiny and the QB on the throwback jersey's hand is not well done either. The ball in the badges and tags are not well defined, so i'm sorry but they are fake in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Drewzer

PostSubject: Re: Is my jersey a fake??   Is my jersey a fake?? EmptyThu Nov 04 2010, 19:22

Thanks for the info. I had a gut feeling they were, especially since I only paid $50 for them. What else, besides the numbers and vector gave it away? I thought the jock tag and collar emblem on the first one were done pretty well, minus the red player logo. Just curious so I can spot the differences in the future.

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Is my jersey a fake??   Is my jersey a fake?? EmptyThu Nov 04 2010, 19:55

Well you shouldn't have the anniversary patch as these aren't available, the takers put the patches on Reebok doesn't.

For me it's all about the ball in the NFL logo. On the first one you can see that the laces on the ball are not even and on the collar equipment badge it's the wrong shape. Also reebok use clear thread to sew on the equipment badge you can see it's a white thread.
Back to top Go down
Drewzer

PostSubject: Re: Is my jersey a fake??   Is my jersey a fake?? EmptyThu Nov 04 2010, 22:28

Good eye sir. Well eventually I'll get rid of these and get an authentic
I have a couple throwbacks that are the real deal. They're sewn on but got them on clearance. I think they're premier's. What's the difference between, authentic and premier? Also what's an EQT??
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Is my jersey a fake??   Is my jersey a fake?? EmptyFri Nov 05 2010, 07:26

The authentic has up to 3 layers of twill numbers and is accurate to the game worn jerseys. The front and back of the authentic are the same length, but the premier and replica have a droptail (the back being longer than the front). EQT was the old name for the premier and stood for equipment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is my jersey a fake??   Is my jersey a fake?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is my jersey a fake??
Page 1 of 1