NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need help with jersey sizing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IAmSteve

Need help with jersey sizing Empty
PostSubject: Need help with jersey sizing   Need help with jersey sizing EmptyFri Dec 03 2010, 20:05

Before you give me a link to a jersey sizing chart, they're actually the source of the problem.

The problem I have is that the sizes seem absurd. On the US sizing charts, the small men's size would be hugely baggy and would reach halfway down my thigh. Going by what the NFLUK shop says, I suppose UK sizes are a bit smaller, but they only seem to give the chest size.

I'm not the biggest person, I'm about 5'10, but I certainly didn't think I was that small either. scratch
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Need help with jersey sizing   Need help with jersey sizing EmptyFri Dec 03 2010, 21:59

Welcome to the forum,

Right sizing. You need to get the replica and premier jerseys in the same size as you would in other clothing, but if you get an authentic range jersey you need to go down a size. I wear a large replica or premier but wear a 48 or medium authentic.

Reebok do make a small, 46, if you are a medium, but they are rare.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Need help with jersey sizing   Need help with jersey sizing EmptySat Dec 04 2010, 16:50

I know what you mean as I found the same problem when I started collecting. I'm about 6'1" and slim(ish) build. My suit jackets are 38" and most of my casual tees are size M. I find the following sizes work for me, but a lot of it depends on how you like to wear your NFL jerseys. I like them to be fairly baggy, but not hanging off me:

"Modern" Reeboks (last 2 years):
Replicas: Small;
Premier: Small or Medium (I find premiers to be neater then the replicas so can get away with either size);
Authentic: 46.

I have an Adidas authentic (I think from circa early 2000s) which is a 48 and gives me the same fit as a Reebok 46 authentic. I believe that Reebok authentics are larger than previous manufacturers (e.g. Wilson, Adidas), but perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong?

Were you after any particular jerseys? I am about to sell a small replica Browns (Winslow - 80) and a small premier Pats (Brady - 12) if you're interested in either of those? The Browns jersey is brand new (though I removed the tags) - never worn. The Pats jersey has been worn a few times but has no damage / signs of use.

As I've found (and Billsfan mentioned, above) you tend not to get too many reebok authentics in size 46, but you do see them now and again. I have 2 Chargers authentics - Tomlinson and Cromartie.
Back to top Go down
IAmSteve

PostSubject: Re: Need help with jersey sizing   Need help with jersey sizing EmptySun Dec 05 2010, 22:25

That's a big help, cheers. No thanks, I don't think I'll be getting any jerseys until the new year now with it being Christmas and all. But yeah, thanks for the help, nice to have that cleared up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with jersey sizing   Need help with jersey sizing Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with jersey sizing
Page 1 of 1