NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
grivkin2
Rookie
Rookie

New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys Empty
PostSubject: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys EmptyMon Jan 31 2011, 08:09

Hey all,

I finally received my Clay Matthews Premier Jersey from the States (just in time for the Superbowl!) and noticed that the jocktag has been changed for the newer jerseys; it looks like the Replica jersey's, i.e. exactly like the Authentic's, but with alpha sizing. No more team-specific helmet. It does have an annoying "Length +2" tag under it, but I'll deal. Maybe someone can confirm the above, just in case I got a fake one (though I got it from Dick's Sporting Goods, which should be legit, and it sure looks/feels legit.) Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys EmptyMon Jan 31 2011, 08:40

I've not seen this. Can you post some pictures?
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
grivkin2
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys EmptyMon Jan 31 2011, 16:14

I just got off the phone with a lady who handles purchasing of the jerseys at Adidas. She seemed pretty certain that premier jerseys still have the helmet on them. I mentioned I bought it from Dick's, and she said NFL.com own Dick's online, and assured me they are a reputable retailer. She asked that I bring the jersey into work tomorrow and read some information from the tag for her. Sounds like I got a replica tag on my premier jersey! Must have been a manufacturing error. Pictures tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
grivkin2
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys EmptyTue Feb 01 2011, 07:13

New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys P1000510
New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys P1000513
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys EmptyTue Feb 01 2011, 08:09

Nice, and the font is right on the 5. It does look like they stitched a replica tag to it, unless they have changed the premier tag.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
grivkin2
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys EmptyTue Feb 01 2011, 08:33

yeah I don't think I am going to send it back, as I don't intend on reselling it. I even like this tag (sans "Length +2") better, as it looks more like the Authentic. But I will talk to the lady and see what she thinks/offers. She didn't think the premier tag changed, but she said I would have gotten a 2011/2012 jersey considering I bought it in November, which she thinks was a special run due to Clay's spike in popularity, and that she may not have gotten the memo about the change. It is amazing to me how Premier/Authentic jerseys (at least for the not super popular players) are sort of limited editions; look for a Clay Matthews premier jersey now, you will be hard-pressed to find one.

It's funny you mentioned the 5; my parents showed it to me on Skype when they received it, and I was super scared as I didn't think the 5 looked right, between the millions of fakes on eBay and even the stock photos having the incorrect font. Then, that Sunday, I looked at all the Packers' jerseys with 5s, and they were all bent like that. Now I find it funny how many fakes I see people wearing on gameday with straight-cornered 5s!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys   New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys Empty

Back to top Go down

New Jocktags for Premier Jerseys
Page 1 of 1