NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Empty
PostSubject: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyThu Jul 28 2011, 22:49

I picked these 3 items at a Browns "Family Day" scrimmage up at the Stadium, and I wanted to know if you guys know anything about stuff like this. They had a locker room sale where I dug through a bunch of stuff in bins and found these 3 items that were only 5 bucks a piece. I got the Couch jersey because he was the only remotely recognizable name. The brown jersey was the only one of that style I could find, and it intrigued me because it appeared as though a nameplate had been taken off. The socks were interesting because the size was "fits 6'6" to 6'8" " so I thought that was cool. And for 15 bucks for the whole thing, I can't complain.

(Sorry if the pics are blurry, not the best camera. And I didn't know how many angles you guys would want/need)

Couch Orange Practice QB Jersey:
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Couchback
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Couchfront
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Couchjocktag
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Couchnameplate
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Couchnfllogo
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Couchnumber
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Couchsize
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Couchsleeve

Brown #48 Practice Jersey:
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Brownback
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Brownsize
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Brownfront
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Brownjocktag
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Brownnameplate
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Brownnfl

Game worn socks 6'6"-6'8":
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Sockssize
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Socksreebok
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Socksfull

Last edited by JoeDGemma on Thu Jul 28 2011, 23:39; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyThu Jul 28 2011, 23:10

Welcome to the forum,

I don't know why but I can't see any pictures Crying or Very sad $15 for all that, absolute bargain! Pick ups of the year, without doubt.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyThu Jul 28 2011, 23:40

Can you see the pictures now?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyThu Jul 28 2011, 23:52

Yes, awesome. I'm blown away that you got them for so little.
Back to top Go down
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyFri Jul 29 2011, 00:02

Billsfan wrote:
Yes, awesome. I'm blown away that you got them for so little.
Yeah I don't know why. I also got some other non-uniform stuff too for the same price. I got a Brownie the Elf patch that they wore on backs of coats in the winter, and a street light banner that has eric wright on it that were hung up on the streets surrounding the stadium. Very, very cool.

(Example of a "streetlight banner")
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks 9836078-large
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyFri Jul 29 2011, 06:52

Welcome to the forum!

Those are some great pick-ups - especially for $5 each! Shocked

Are you sure the Couch is a practice jersey? It looks to me as though it could be a QB cut game issue (though not worn). I know the Bills 2001 authentics / gamers still had screened numbers, but I'm not sure about the Browns. Most of the practice jerseys I've seen have been much more plain and look more like replicas.

Either way (assuming you're a Browns fan) they're great pieces to hold on to. I'm in the process of accumulating a 2001 jersey collection (i.e. with the helmet jock tags) and would love to have that in my collection - especially for $5!
Back to top Go down
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyFri Jul 29 2011, 07:10

RJ3000 wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

Are you sure the Couch is a practice jersey? It looks to me as though it could be a QB cut game issue (though not worn). I know the Bills 2001 authentics / gamers still had screened numbers, but I'm not sure about the Browns. Most of the practice jerseys I've seen have been much more plain and look more like replicas.

Either way (assuming you're a Browns fan) they're great pieces to hold on to. I'm in the process of accumulating a 2001 jersey collection (i.e. with the helmet jock tags) and would love to have that in my collection - especially for $5!
Thank you!

And i'm almost positive the couch jersey is a practice jersey. The most obvious thing that told me that was the reebok logo underneath the collar. Which would be more valuable though, for curiosity's sake? A game issue or a practice worn?

(pics of couch @ Training camp with same sort of jersey)
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks 130300m
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Tccamp
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Timcouch11
Some differences is NFL logo/Jock tag, from year to year, but you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyFri Jul 29 2011, 07:28

JoeDGemma wrote:
RJ3000 wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

Thank you!

And i'm almost positive the couch jersey is a practice jersey. The most obvious thing that told me that was the reebok logo underneath the collar. Which would be more valuable though, for curiosity's sake? A game issue or a practice worn?

(pic of couch @ Training camp, Reebok logo under collar)
PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks 130300m

Yep - sorry, I missed that first time around due to viewing pictures on an iPod. I suspect you're probably right, however check out the following Cowboys training jersey from the same year on eBay: 170672835845. See what I mean, in terms of how basic it is in comparison?

I agree the positioning of the Reebok logo is strange, so can only assume the Browns put a bit more effort into their practice sessions, or perhaps this was from a public training event rather than being behind closed doors.

Assuming it is a practice jersey, it has not been used and would therefore be worth less than a game issued jersey. If it had been used in practice, it would be worth more if it was a big name player and had hit marks etc., which this doesn't look to have. I'm pretty new to collecting and so couldn't put an exact price on it, but it'd be worth more than $5 anyway cheers
Back to top Go down
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyFri Jul 29 2011, 07:44

RJ3000 wrote:
Assuming it is a practice jersey, it has not been used and would therefore be worth less than a game issued jersey. If it had been used in practice, it would be worth more if it was a big name player and had hit marks etc., which this doesn't look to have. I'm pretty new to collecting and so couldn't put an exact price on it, but it'd be worth more than $5 anyway cheers
How do you know it wasnt used? QBs aren't hit in Training camp so there'd be no hit marks. so how do i know if it were used or not? (really not trying to be a dick, just want to know what i've got here.)

(And training camp is open to the public)

I mean it doesn't really matter, the worth because I'm keeping it, I just don't want to tell the wrong story behind this thing.

EDIT: Also, he jersey is orange to indicate to not hit this player, much like other teams use red jerseys for.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyFri Jul 29 2011, 08:03

If it looks immaculate (as this does) you'd have a lot of difficulty in persuading someone this had actually been used. Personally, I'm not into the game used market, but from what I've seen, jerseys with scuffs / turf marks / team repairs go for the highest premium. You'll notice there are a lot of game issued jerseys floating around on eBay which were never worn, so there are a lot of surpluses made for teams which are in circulation.

I totally hear what you are saying from the QB perspective. I can't imagine they'd get hit hard / at all during practice, but I'm just letting you know from my experience.

I think it's definitely a good call to hold on to.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyFri Jul 29 2011, 14:26

QB'S don't get hit in practice, so no marks on their jerseys. The price will always reflect the player, so Favre's practice jersey will be worth more than Couch, but I could see you getting $50-100 to the right collector.
Back to top Go down
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyFri Jul 29 2011, 17:35

Billsfan wrote:
QB'S don't get hit in practice, so no marks on their jerseys. The price will always reflect the player, so Favre's practice jersey will be worth more than Couch, but I could see you getting $50-100 to the right collector.
Thats really cool, thanks. I'm gonna just hold onto it because I'm a browns fan and its neat to have. I'm just glad I was able to pick it up for 5 bucks.
Back to top Go down
BigzAnt82
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptyThu Jun 07 2012, 00:23

i wish u was selling those ima browns fan
Back to top Go down
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptySat Jun 09 2012, 01:38

BigzAnt82 wrote:
i wish u was selling those ima browns fan
I wouldn't be absolutely opposed to selling for the right price, if you really want them make an offer.
Back to top Go down
BigzAnt82
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks EmptySat Jun 09 2012, 02:27

neither fit me but do u know of anybody selling browns jerseys n gear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks   PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks Empty

Back to top Go down

PRACTICE worn Browns Jerseys, Game worn socks
Page 1 of 1