NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!

Go down 
+3
bearsfanatic
JoeDGemma
Owenny
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bearsfanatic
Rookie
Rookie

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! Empty
PostSubject: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptySun Dec 04 2011, 02:18

I bought this today and was extremely happy with it until I went to look up what GSH stood for on the sleeve. I was asked a number of years ago and was reminded that the GSH logo is printed on the left sleeve. Well, mine is on the right sleeve. I had no reason to question whether it was real or not as it still had the original price tag on it.

I'm going to show a number of photos here. The first set is of my Blue Jersey that I got from the NFL half of fame back in 04-05. So I know its a real jersey and not a knock off.

The orange jersey is the one I'm questioning. Now, its supposed to be a higher quality and it sure feels the part, however, there seems to be some small tell-tale signs that say otherwise. Whats your thoughts?

Back to top Go down
bearsfanatic
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptySun Dec 04 2011, 02:34

Its saying that I have to wait 7 days to post links to my pics. Why not have a feature on here that allows you to download them to your site without links?
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptySun Dec 04 2011, 03:20

Use imageshack.us and you'll be able to upload pics one at a time and share the 'forum link' on here.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptySun Dec 04 2011, 09:48

bearsfanatic wrote:
Its saying that I have to wait 7 days to post links to my pics. Why not have a feature on here that allows you to download them to your site without links?

If you use photobucket and use the [img] codes for the pictures then you can add them to your post. We don't allow links for the first 7 days as we have loads of spammers who join and post links.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
bearsfanatic
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyMon Dec 05 2011, 00:10

Billsfan wrote:
bearsfanatic wrote:

If you use photobucket and use the [img] codes for the pictures then you can add them to your post. We don't allow links for the first 7 days as we have loads of spammers who join and post links.

I don't use photobucket nor do I want to. I'm fine with using imageshack or your own "host an image" but neither work.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyMon Dec 05 2011, 09:01

Ok, we can work around this. Email me the link at nfljerseysuk@hotmail.co.uk and i will post it on your behalf until you get 7 days in.
Back to top Go down
bearsfanatic
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Heres some pics   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptySun Dec 11 2011, 02:58

Here is my original that I got from the NFL Hall of Fame in Ohio.

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! Img_9317

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! Img_9318

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! Img_9324

And here is the one in question...

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! Img_9316

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! Img_9319

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! Img_9320

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! Img_9321

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! Img_9322

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! Img_9323

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! Img_9325
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptySun Dec 11 2011, 06:02

They're both legit.

Obviously you knew the first was legit, but it's a premier / EQT, which retails around $110. I'm assuming that's roughly what you paid for it, if you bought it at the HOF.

The second is a full blown authentic, and it's a legitimate one too. The tag suggests $230, but this is a circa 2005 jersey. If you bought the same thing today it would be more like $260. It's also made in El Salvador, which is regarded as being better quality than most of the Vietnam / Korean jerseys, which are common these days.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptySun Dec 11 2011, 06:18

RJ is spot on, the orange one is a genuine authentic range jersey.
Back to top Go down
bearsfanatic
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptySun Dec 11 2011, 14:11

RJ3000 wrote:
They're both legit.

Obviously you knew the first was legit, but it's a premier / EQT, which retails around $110. I'm assuming that's roughly what you paid for it, if you bought it at the HOF.

The second is a full blown authentic, and it's a legitimate one too. The tag suggests $230, but this is a circa 2005 jersey. If you bought the same thing today it would be more like $260. It's also made in El Salvador, which is regarded as being better quality than most of the Vietnam / Korean jerseys, which are common these days.

Yes, the first one was $110 back in 04.

For the orange jersey however, heres the problem. The GSH is on the right sleeve and not on the left. That is a definite error. Thats what made me questions this.
Back to top Go down
bearsfanatic
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptySun Dec 11 2011, 23:35

Also, how do you know this is circa 2005?
Back to top Go down
JoeDGemma
Probowler
Probowler
JoeDGemma

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptySun Dec 11 2011, 23:53

bearsfanatic wrote:
Also, how do you know this is circa 2005?
the jock tag has the old NFL Players logo. It's definitely authentic
Back to top Go down
bearsfanatic
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyMon Dec 12 2011, 22:54

Can someone please answer my question about the GSH being on the wrong sleeve?
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 04:27

Hello, the symbol may be on that sleeve because it is the alternate jersey. But if you want to know if it is truly an authentic, flip your jersey inside out. Then look at the numbers, if you see only one layer of stitching all the way threw the jersey it's real, if you see all 3 layers it's fake.
Back to top Go down
bearsfanatic
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 06:27

3 layers of stitching? I'm not following you. I flipped it inside out and see the stitching from the white layer and from the blue layer. So I see two layers of stitching. How on earth would I have 3 layers? Or even one for that matter?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 09:11

bearsfanatic wrote:

It's a factory second, a Friday afternoon jersey where they weren't paying attention and have sewn the sleeve on the wrong side. Also the jersey is a 2006 with the football hologram and jocktag designs.

Last edited by Billsfan on Thu Dec 15 2011, 17:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 17:19

Sorry I forgot that the numbers are only 2 colors on the bears. On all real authentic NFL jerseys, when you flip it inside out, you can only see the layer of stitching from the bottom color, in your case you should only see the stitching from the blue layer on the inside. This is because the nfl takes the numbers stitches them together then sews them to the jersey. In the Bears case it would be the white layer is stitched to the blue. Then the blue layer is stitched to the jersey, thus, from the inside you can only see the blue layer of stitching. I found this out on the internet once, when I did a search on a 49ers jersey before ordering a Jerry Rice. My Rice jersey and 3 other jerseys I own came directly from the NFL shop and you can only see one layer of stitching from the inside. You wanted to know if your jersey was real, and its one sure way to know it's real, because the fakes always show all of the layers of the numbers stitching on the inside.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 00:17

Boss302 wrote:
Sorry I forgot that the numbers are only 2 colors on the bears. On all real authentic NFL jerseys, when you flip it inside out, you can only see the layer of stitching from the bottom color, in your case you should only see the stitching from the blue layer on the inside. This is because the nfl takes the numbers stitches them together then sews them to the jersey. In the Bears case it would be the white layer is stitched to the blue. Then the blue layer is stitched to the jersey, thus, from the inside you can only see the blue layer of stitching. I found this out on the internet once, when I did a search on a 49ers jersey before ordering a Jerry Rice. My Rice jersey and 3 other jerseys I own came directly from the NFL shop and you can only see one layer of stitching from the inside. You wanted to know if your jersey was real, and its one sure way to know it's real, because the fakes always show all of the layers of the numbers stitching on the inside.

That's not entirely true. If the numbers are "kiss-cut" (as EPS customisations often are), then there will only be one layer of stitching on the inside. However, the majority of retail authentics will have 3 layers of sewing on the inside.

I realise that you're just passing on information which you picked up, but the risky thing about picking up information like this from google searches on the internet is you're working on the assumption that the person who posted the information knows what they're talking about. This is why I started using this forum - because the experienced members here know what they're talking about, and you can learn a lot of great information.
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 03:01

I have 4 jerseys from the NFL shop, none of which are kiss cut, all Layered and still only one layer of stitching shows through.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 03:21

Boss302 wrote:
I have 4 jerseys from the NFL shop, none of which are kiss cut, all Layered and still only one layer of stitching shows through.

I'm not disputing that. However, my point was that the way which retail authentics are made will vary greatly. Particularly when you factor in different years of manufacture, country of manufacture etc. When you then have companies like EPS and Stahls, as well as team shop providers (I'm pretty sure the Eagles use someone else again) customising blank authentics, then the stitching is going to vary greatly from jersey to jersey.

I have checked about 10-15 of my authentics (which I assure you are 100% genuine) and they are all triple stitched in the back, including one which came from NFLshop.com.

Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 03:30

I meant from the inside of the jersey, mine are layered on the outside, but not on the inside. But you mentioned the eagles, do you know where they come from and how they are stitched on the inside? I asked cause my aunt ordered me a Vick jersey, I've seen it once, but won't have it till Christmas and I wanted to make sure it is right. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
bearsfanatic
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 03:33

Billsfan wrote:
bearsfanatic wrote:

It's a factory second, a Friday afternoon jersey where they weren't paying attention and have sewn the sleeve on the wrong side. Also the jersey is a 2006 with the football hologram and jocktag designs.

Thanks Admin Bill! So what the chances of having a seamstris carefully unstitch the sleeves and rotate them to the correct sides? Probably not worth it huh?
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 03:48

Boss302 wrote:
I meant from the inside of the jersey, mine are layered on the outside, but not on the inside. But you mentioned the eagles, do you know where they come from and how they are stitched on the inside? I asked cause my aunt ordered me a Vick jersey, I've seen it once, but won't have it till Christmas and I wanted to make sure it is right. Thanks.

Yep - that's what I'm talking about too. I'm sure some other members here can contribute to confirm that the triple stitching on the inside is 100% legit...

With respect to the Eagles, it seems they come from Stahls after all. You have to be careful as they don't have a very good reputation and the workmanship generally isn't as good as you'd get from EPS or the mass made retail authentics. Check this thread for another members experience with them:

https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com/t2135-25999-for-this-wheres-quality-control-help?highlight=quality

I don't mean to worry you about your jersey - you might be fine. Worst case scenario, you complain and get your money back, or get them to do it again, properly.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 03:49

bearsfanatic wrote:
Billsfan wrote:
bearsfanatic wrote:

Thanks Admin Bill! So what the chances of having a seamstris carefully unstitch the sleeves and rotate them to the correct sides? Probably not worth it huh?

In my opinion, definitely not worth it. It will probably cost you $30 - $40, to correct something that nobody will ever really notice. Best put the money towards another jersey cheers
Back to top Go down
Boss302
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! EmptyFri Dec 16 2011, 04:05

RJ3000, thank you for your insight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!   Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is! Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a fake Urlacher jersey? I'm starting to think it is!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next