NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rmduff

rmduff

Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning Empty
PostSubject: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning EmptyWed Dec 14 2011, 22:04

Did Mitchell & Ness ever make a white Archie Manning Saints jersey? I have one but cannot find any info on it so I assume it is a fake.

Thanks,
Rich
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning EmptyWed Dec 14 2011, 22:14

The first question is: are the numbers screened or sewn?

Second: Do you have pictures of the jersey? The jock tag, collar tag, laundy tag and any swing tags would be useful.
Back to top Go down
rmduff

rmduff

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning EmptyWed Dec 14 2011, 22:32

The name and numbers are screened. Black numbers outlined in more of a yellow than gold. I'll post up pics tonight when I get home. I can't find any evidence that M&N ever produced a white Manning jersey. Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning EmptyWed Dec 14 2011, 23:38

I can't remember where, unfortunately, but I am sure I've seen them. If the numbers are screened, you should be ok as most of the M&N jerseys which are faked are sewn. Post the pics and we'll take a look.
Back to top Go down
rmduff

rmduff

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 01:19

It seems I can't post links to photobucket for 7 days as I'm a new member. I can PM the pics to someone or I'll get them posted up next week.

Thanks.
Rich
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 01:38

rmduff wrote:
It seems I can't post links to photobucket for 7 days as I'm a new member. I can PM the pics to someone or I'll get them posted up next week.

Thanks.
Rich

Feel free to PM me and I'll post them for you.
Back to top Go down
rmduff

rmduff

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 02:33

New users can't send PMs either for 7 days. The pictures are on photobucket my user name there is the same as here. Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 02:45

Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning Th_e5459e63Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning Th_7b11f5b4
Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning Th_c6ac3417Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning Th_e2ed1a4d
Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning Th_a80d3071Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning Th_f7e9c419
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 02:46

Looks legit to me.
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 06:13

Screen printing pretty much seals it as legit.

Screen printing is not cost effective for the counterfeiter, so you're probably not going to find an all-out fake with screen printing (be it older authentics, replicas or premiers).

What you may find is custom jobs, where someone buys a blank jersey (which are also usually not faked) and takes it to be screen printed with the appropriate name/number. The thing about those custom jerseys is that the fonts may be wrong... but that's true with some vintage retails authentics, too.

Ultimately, RJ's right; the jersey looks totally legit.
Back to top Go down
rmduff

rmduff

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 17:11

That is great news that it is legit. I took a chance and picked it up on ebay for only $19 shipped. The seller did not have a picture and the other jersey he had for sell was a Brees jersey that appeared to be fake as it had the captain patch and super bowl patch.

Does anyone know what year this jersey is suppose to represent. It does not have the player name and year tag under the jock tag. The yellowish color of the stripes is bothering me. I don't remember the Saints gold ever being so yellow, if I knew the year I could research it better to see if it is correct or just a M&N error. Also, I assume that this is an older M&N jersey as I can't find any info on it anywhere. It is extremely long; my wife can wear it as a dress. Are all M&N jerseys so long?

Thanks for everyone's help. I have a lot to learn. Prior to this jersey, I only have a couple of older replica jerseys and a Saints gamer from the earlier Nineties.

Rich
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning EmptyThu Dec 15 2011, 17:21

The other one which I'd seen did have the name / year tag, and it was 1978. Aside from the fact the other one had this tag, they're otherwise identical. I have (or have had in the past) a few Saints authentics - a 2001 Williams, a circa 2002 Brooks, a circa 2006 Bush and a 2010 Bush. The golds were all slightly different shades, and some were slightly more yellow than others, so I wouldn't be too concerned about this.

Regarding the length, I'm not so sure about that. I've never known M&Ns to be particularly long. Do you have other authentics to compare it to, or are you used to wearing replicas? It may just be the fact that it's authentic that means you're not used to the sizes.

$19 is a steal for that. It was a big gamble without any pictures, but sounds like it came up trumps this time around. It sounds as though the Brees was a fake, so you were right to steer clear of that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning   Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning Empty

Back to top Go down

Mitchell & Ness Archie Manning
Page 1 of 1