NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Free Agency

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Free Agency   Free Agency EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 01:52

Some interesting developments on day 1 (from my Bucs / Chargers perspective, with a side interest in the Bills Wink ):

- As a Bucs fan (with Chargers being my AFC team, plus the Bills on the side...) I'm pleased we have signed a big play WR in Vincent Jackson. Part of me is disappointed he didn't stay with the Chargers, as he looked very good there last season, but I'm just relieved he didn't wind up with the Redskins / Bears. I think he'll have a solid year, but the relationship he had with Rivers will be difficult to replicate in his first year with a relatively young QB in Freeman.

- Now that Jackson has gone, the Chargers have to step up and get a WR threat or two in his place. I'd like to see them bring back Laurent Robinson from the Cowboys. I don't understand why they haven't re-signed Tolbert yet. Hopefully they keep Jared Gaither, as he offered Rivers some time in the pocket when they brought him in towards the end of the season (unfortunately the damage was done by then though.)

- The Bucs are getting linked with other big names left, right and centre (thanks to having the most cap room in the NFL! A truly terrible season and head coach change also makes some roster turnover inevitable too though.) Sounds like we're going hard for Carl Nicks, and some much needed QB protection, which is welcome. We're also still in desperate need of a decent LB, and potentially 2 CBs (I believe Ronde is still undecided about retiring, and who knows what will happen to Aqib Talib, with his "legal issues"). I think we'll draft one of the mid-high range free agent CBs and go with Claiborne from LSU in the first round.

- Seems as though the Bills are amongst the front runners for Mario Williams. That would be massive if they got him. I like Williams, and I like the Bills - so I'd be happy if they did land him.

We can all read the headlines on NFL.com, but what are other people's thoughts from their teams' perspective? Any wants / needs out there?

Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency   Free Agency EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 07:53

Mario for us would be massive. We need pass rushers and Williams is one of the best. I hope we don't cheap out as usual. the Bucs picking up Jackson is a smart move, now they have a receiver who Freeman can throw to.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
LASER___SHOW
Probowler
Probowler
LASER___SHOW

Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency   Free Agency EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 19:45

The biggest move the Giants have made so far is resigning Terrell Thomas, who hopefully can recover from his ACL injury from last season. We had Martellus Bennett in for a visit, who would be a good signing with Ballard and Beckum out injured. It dosnt look like Aaron Ross or Manningham will be back with the team which I don't think will be a big issue as I can see some players on the team who will replace them.

Back to top Go down
LASER___SHOW
Probowler
Probowler
LASER___SHOW

Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency   Free Agency EmptyWed Mar 14 2012, 19:53

Just seen the Giants have now signed Bennett to a 1 year contract, He seems to have a lot of talent but was stuck behind Witten in Dallas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Agency   Free Agency Empty

Back to top Go down

Free Agency
Page 1 of 1