NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
arr2004

I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? Empty
PostSubject: I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...?   I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? EmptyTue Apr 24 2012, 15:10

I've been through all the photos and videos on the website, and now I'm pretty sure the jersey I bought is a fake (looks good from far away though). I really should have known since it's an "authentic" and was $65, but I was thinking maybe it was just a closeout since the new Nike jerseys are out and Reebok is done... I know, I'm stupid. The hologram is probably the biggest clue, since it's the old style and Gronk is somewhat new the NFL. My husband has been wanting a throwback Patriots jersey forever, and his ancient Bruschi jersey is way too big for him now after weight loss. He wants a throwback Gronkowski jersey, and I combed the internet for days looking for a real one. Apparently I still haven't found one. Could someone take a look at my photos and tell me what you think? Real or fake? I want to be 100% sure before I send it back. We've only owned replicas, so I've never seen a real authentic in person... Thank you! (sorry for all the photos, I hope they're not huge)

I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? DSC_0884
I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? DSC_0898
I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? DSC_0897
I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? DSC_0896
I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? DSC_0895
I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? DSC_0894
I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? DSC_0892
I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? DSC_0888
I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? DSC_0886
I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? DSC_0885
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...?   I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? EmptyTue Apr 24 2012, 15:51

Welcome to the forum,

Yes the jersey is a fake, the numbers are very bubbly and shiny, as you say the hologram is for the wrong year, it should be square not round, the ball in the equipment badge on the collar is terrible, but the one on the jocktag is pretty decent, which is unusual, but it all adds up to to being a fake.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
arr2004

PostSubject: Re: I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...?   I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? EmptyTue Apr 24 2012, 16:09

Thanks, I was hoping I was wrong and it was real. I've already been refunded the $ (surprising, I know) and I have to send it back now. I think he was quick to shut me up because I called him out on it being fake, and he doesn't want me contacting Amazon about it. I'm glad I'm not out $65 for a fake jersey, but I'm more annoyed that I was all excited to have finally found my husband one and then it turns out to be a knock-off... Mad
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...?   I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? EmptyTue Apr 24 2012, 16:28

Well I'm glad you got a refund, but you should still let Amazon know so he doesn't rip anyone else off.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
arr2004

PostSubject: Re: I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...?   I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? EmptyTue Apr 24 2012, 16:45

I will be telling them, but I doubt they'll bother looking into it. I was selfishly waiting to get my money back before I threw him under the bus. Here's what he said when I told him I was pretty angry about being sold a knock-off jersey (yes, I noticed he never actually said in his reply that they're NOT knock-offs...)

"I am aorry you are not happy with it we just got over 5700 jerseys last week alone and have had a store for 4 years and since reebok going to nike we have been getting 2000-3000 jerseys every 2 weeks from them and then we wholesale to marshalls and tj maxx.. when we vet back from lunch i will refund your price with shipping and an extra 6.00 for shipping back to us..todd"
Back to top Go down
bstnsportsfan3

PostSubject: Re: I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...?   I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? EmptyFri Jul 27 2012, 05:31

I bought a gronk jersey, pats blue color, same exact marks as this jersey except the W in gronkowski is better cut then this one. I bought it last year for 40$ of reebok-depot.com and had no clue it was fake, though i should have figured since the "company" was located in china. Kinda bummed that i have a fake jersey, but ill say that no body else could tell and neither could i untill i saw this site. thanks for this site as i now know what to look for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...?   I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...? Empty

Back to top Go down

I think this Gronk throwback is a fake...?
Page 1 of 1