NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NFL suspends Saints bounty players

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

NFL suspends Saints bounty players Empty
PostSubject: NFL suspends Saints bounty players   NFL suspends Saints bounty players EmptyWed May 02 2012, 17:35

The NFL has suspended 4 players for the Saints bounty scandal

• Linebacker Jonathan Vilma of the Saints is suspended without pay for the 2012 NFL season, effective immediately per league policy for season-long suspensions.

• Linebacker Scott Fujita (now with the Cleveland Browns) is suspended without pay for the first three games.

• Defensive lineman Anthony Hargrove (now with the Green Bay Packers) is suspended without pay for the first eight games.

• Will Smith of the Saints is suspended without pay for the first four games.

The players will have three days to appeal the punishments. 

Too harsh or not what do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Saints bounty players   NFL suspends Saints bounty players EmptyWed May 02 2012, 19:29

I'm surprised that it was only 4 players that were hit - and 2 of them aren't even with the Saints any more, so it's not going to have a major effect on the Saints this season. Particularly as they picked up Curtis Lofton at LB in the off season who shall fill the gap left by Vilma at least.

I think the severity was expected - especially after the suspensions they dished out to the coaches, and the loss of draft picks. Goodell made no secret of the fact that he was going to make the punishment severe and make an example of them, which I think is the right move given the push the NFL is having on increased player safety (for humane reasons, as well as the continuing law suits it comes up against with ex-players).

From a purely Bucs / NFC South point of view, I was hoping they would have lost a few more players to suspension. I think Brees / Graham will still make them a force to be reckoned with next year, but the loss of draft picks an Payton will hurt them most. With the Bucs additions in free agency and the draft, we have the best chance of making the playoffs that we have had in years, though I'm not getting my hopes up too much as we still have one of the toughest divisions.
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Saints bounty players   NFL suspends Saints bounty players EmptyWed May 02 2012, 19:48

I feel sorry for the browns and packers, no fault of theirs yet they are going to end up with suspended players. Compensation lawsuit maybe?
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Saints bounty players   NFL suspends Saints bounty players EmptyWed May 02 2012, 19:52

obinug wrote:
I feel sorry for the browns and packers, no fault of theirs yet they are going to end up with suspended players. Compensation lawsuit maybe?

That was my thought too. I'm sure they shall be protected by either compensation or insurance. It kind of sucks for the Browns and Packers that they are now finding out about it after free agency and the draft, so are limited in terms of finding a replacement.

I understand that Hargrove was the only one who made a written statement to the NFL regarding what went on. I thought he may have been given some kind of reprieve for his transparency and assisting them with uncovering it. Seems like the NFL went for the "throw him under the bus" option instead, however.
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Saints bounty players   NFL suspends Saints bounty players EmptyWed May 02 2012, 19:56

Unfortunatly this isnt the worst news of the day;

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/junior-seau-shooting-at-home-050212?m_n=true

Lets hope the reports arent true and hes still alive, but from what i've been reading, i doubt it
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Saints bounty players   NFL suspends Saints bounty players EmptyWed May 02 2012, 22:40

obinug wrote:
Unfortunatly this isnt the worst news of the day;

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/junior-seau-shooting-at-home-050212?m_n=true

Lets hope the reports arent true and hes still alive, but from what i've been reading, i doubt it

Wow...........that is awful. Obviously he was really hurting somehow and couldn't cope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Saints bounty players   NFL suspends Saints bounty players Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL suspends Saints bounty players
Page 1 of 1