NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm stumped here

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris2k
Chris2k

I'm stumped here Empty
PostSubject: I'm stumped here   I'm stumped here EmptyThu Jun 14 2012, 23:25

I'm at a loss here. Everything looks fine on this jersey except for the numbers. I need a second (or third) pair of eyes.

I'm stumped here Img_0410

I'm stumped here Img_0411

I'm stumped here Img_0412

I'm stumped here Img_0413

I'm stumped here Img_0414

I'm stumped here Img_0415

I'm stumped here Img_0416

I'm stumped here Img_0417

I'm stumped here Img_0418

I'm stumped here Img_0419

I'm stumped here Img_0420

I'm stumped here Img_0421

Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

I'm stumped here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm stumped here   I'm stumped here EmptyFri Jun 15 2012, 00:38

I'm leaning towards fake
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

I'm stumped here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm stumped here   I'm stumped here EmptyFri Jun 15 2012, 03:04

Really? Looks good to me bro.
Back to top Go down
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

I'm stumped here Empty
PostSubject: NO NEED to scratch your head anymore!   I'm stumped here EmptyFri Jun 15 2012, 07:17

As you know mrhead2k I'm a SAINTS FANatic, and I'm sorry to tell you that it is a fake! It's one of the best knock-offs I've seen, but the 1st thing I noticed is the letter "O" in HORNER's name is incorrect (I'll post a pic of my Shockey as reference for everything to show you what I mean). The stitching too is not right, and neither is the gold tackle twill. The fleur de lis where it curls up beneath the center dot are too "thin" even though it's pretty damn close!
I'll post my Brees Chargers as ref for this>> The Equipmant Shield is pretty good, but it's not quite right to be Reeboks, along w/ the Shield on the neck tag...notice how the football is missing the strings. The "hang-tag's" hologram is off as well b/c EACH of the helmets should have their own INDIVIDUAL colors for each AFC/NFC conference as the light hits 'em.
And hey man, I'm NOT tryin' to tear it apart...I'm just pointing out what catches my eye that's all bro! Here are some pics of my BLACK Shockey...it has the new NFL logo, so I'm posting my Brees Chargers as well to reference the older NFL Equipment Shield. Shockey - Notice the stitching, the font style of the letter "O", the fleur de lis, and the tackle twill, etc; Brees - The older NFL Equipment Shield, and "hang-tag" hologram:
I'm stumped here Authentic002

I'm stumped here Authentic003

I'm stumped here Authentic004

I'm stumped here Authentic001

BREES:

I'm stumped here AuthenticBrees01

I'm stumped here AuthenticBrees4

MOST(not all) JERSEYS WITH THE OLD NFL LOGO WERE GENERALLY MADE IN KOREA OR VIETNAM from my understanding/research:

I'm stumped here AuthenticBrees05

I'm stumped here AuthenticBrees11

INDIVIDUAL HELMET COLOR CHANGE FOR EACH AFC/NFC CONFERENCE ON HOLOGRAM:

I'm stumped here AuthenticBrees13

I HOPE THIS WAS A HELP BRO!!! Wink

Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

I'm stumped here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm stumped here   I'm stumped here EmptyFri Jun 15 2012, 09:11

I agree with Nawlins Chris, It is very convincing though.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

I'm stumped here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm stumped here   I'm stumped here EmptyFri Jun 15 2012, 18:08

I stand corrected. Aside from the Saints nuances that Nawlins pointed out, the stitching on the numbers is slightly sloppy at parts (i.e. doesn't run to the edge of the numbers.) The jock tag and Equipment shield are probably the best fakes that I've seen. I put the subtle differences down to the fact it was made in El Salvador, as this is the case if you compare the tagging on 2002 El Salvadors vs non-El Salvadors. Having said that, I've never seen an El Salvador post 2002, so perhaps that was a red flag on it's own.

I think that goes down as the most convincing fake I've seen yet.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

I'm stumped here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm stumped here   I'm stumped here EmptyFri Jun 15 2012, 22:58

Damn it! Thanks for you help all!
Back to top Go down
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

I'm stumped here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm stumped here   I'm stumped here EmptySat Jun 16 2012, 00:52

No problem Chris! Are u lookin' for a Saints jersey, or is it somethin' you just stumbled upon??
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

I'm stumped here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm stumped here   I'm stumped here EmptySat Jun 16 2012, 05:08

Yeah, I'm on the hunt for one and it was only $25 so it was worth the shot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm stumped here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm stumped here   I'm stumped here Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm stumped here
Page 1 of 1