NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
4teamFreak
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
4teamFreak

Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey Empty
PostSubject: Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey   Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey EmptyFri Jun 15 2012, 22:32

I was wondering if anybody had any advice or expierenced the same problem i am having with my Giants Reebok Authentic Eli Manning home blue jersey. The numbers are shriveling up and becoming wrinkled and creased. Its a real authentic that was purchased directly from Reebok in September 2005. I only dry clean my jersey's i do not wash them myself and have never had this problem with any other authentic jersey. My tailor said that since they are single twill that the numbers have just shrunk a little bit from washing/drying and thats what caused it to look like that ( bubbling may be a more accurate description). Has anybody else ran into this problem? Is it normal for single twill numbers to do this?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey   Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey EmptySat Jun 16 2012, 02:30

Yes it is a problem with single twill numbers, because they are not stiffened by another layer of twill the do tend to suffer from this.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
4teamFreak
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
4teamFreak

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey   Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey EmptySat Jun 16 2012, 05:03

Thank you Simon. Is there any way to fix it? Restore the jersey or the numbers?
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey   Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey EmptySat Jun 16 2012, 05:22

I've flattened them out by wetting the numbers and using an iron. Can you post pics?
Back to top Go down
4teamFreak
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
4teamFreak

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey   Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey EmptySat Jun 16 2012, 05:35

Yes, i iwill tomorrow, thank you very much. Gotta use my digital camera, wont come out good with cell phone camera.
Back to top Go down
NawlinsSaints504
Probowler
Probowler
NawlinsSaints504

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey   Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey EmptySat Jun 16 2012, 11:23

Yea I've done the same thing as mrhead2k, but what I did differently was I used my iron on a "steam" setting to iron out the bubbles then lowered the setting to "dry" and ironed back over it/them. Just make sure your iron isn't too hot, otherwise you could complicate matters.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey   Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey EmptySat Jun 16 2012, 14:04

If you're nervous about ironing them directly, place some thin cotton fabric on top of the numbers to absorb some of the heat and protect your jersey. I've used a kitchen dish towel before, which worked well.

I've also heard of people hanging jerseys in an unventilated / enclosed bathroom and leaving the shower running at it's hottest for a while in order to steam the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
4teamFreak
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
4teamFreak

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey   Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey EmptySat Jun 16 2012, 14:09

Excellent, thank you guys, you've been a huge help. Again, i have to say how helpful this site is, but it because of the great members like yourselves that make this the #1 jersey site on the web! I am forever grateful of the day i stumbled upon here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey   Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey Empty

Back to top Go down

Problems with my Eli Manning Jersey
Page 1 of 1