NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bubbly numbers but real

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cory3255
Rookie
Rookie
Cory3255

Bubbly numbers but real Empty
PostSubject: Bubbly numbers but real   Bubbly numbers but real EmptySun Nov 11 2012, 14:45

So I picked this up used and super cheap. The numbers seem a little bubbly but it is definitely real.

Bubbly numbers but real 2012-11-09184424_zps79618ec7

Bubbly numbers but real 2012-11-09184312_zpsd0608d60

Bubbly numbers but real 2012-11-09184502_zps0f892bdb

Bubbly numbers but real 2012-11-09184645_zps40500f6a

Bubbly numbers but real 2012-11-09184707_zps45b1dc52
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Bubbly numbers but real   Bubbly numbers but real EmptyWed Nov 14 2012, 02:42

Nice!
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Bubbly numbers but real   Bubbly numbers but real EmptyWed Nov 14 2012, 03:47

Good catch. I have a few jersey from a similar age that are very similar. My best guess is that they've either been washed on too warm of a setting, or the glue has just given way over time. Either way, the jersey itself is the real deal so no complaints.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Bubbly numbers but real   Bubbly numbers but real EmptyWed Nov 14 2012, 12:27

Great pickup.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Andyf
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Bubbly numbers but real   Bubbly numbers but real EmptyWed Nov 14 2012, 13:58

Interesting. A question for you guys, those numbers have that kind of 'rounded off' stitching on the numbers that I've come to associate with fakes, perhaps even written off potential fake jerseys solely on that point. Yknow what I mean; kind of like the stitching isn't flat to the numbers, it isn't so tight and therefore forms a sort of 'curved' shape, giving the impression of a double edged number from afar.

What kind of era to we see this sort of effect on non-fake authentic jerseys? Is it possible that the numbering on this one is a later customisation on a blank or re-numbered jersey?
Back to top Go down
Cory3255
Rookie
Rookie
Cory3255

PostSubject: Re: Bubbly numbers but real   Bubbly numbers but real EmptyThu Nov 15 2012, 15:58

I apologize...I'm not sure what exactly you mean Andy. I agree with RJ3000; I think the issue with the numbers on this Berrian is somebody washed in hot water and possibly even dryed it in a dryer. Its definitely not a later custom job.
Back to top Go down
Andyf
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Bubbly numbers but real   Bubbly numbers but real EmptyFri Nov 16 2012, 09:03

Cory3255 wrote:
I apologize...I'm not sure what exactly you mean Andy. I agree with RJ3000; I think the issue with the numbers on this Berrian is somebody washed in hot water and possibly even dryed it in a dryer. Its definitely not a later custom job.

Sorry, I'm not saying it's a fake, I'm just asking for my understanding. the number stitiching looks close to what I have in the past associated with fakes. Here's a better idea of what I mean:

Bubbly numbers but real Stitchingcomparison

Bubbly numbers but real 100_9070

Bubbly numbers but real 100_9423

The curved stitching of the fake gives texture to the number, and accentuates the point where the stitching ends. It's particularly that shape of the stitch that makes it look rounded at the edge of the number.

So I don't 'mis-spot' fakes in the future, I was wondering when you see this kind of thing in real jerseys. I guess you guys have kinda answered my question in that it's when the numbers have been over-washed!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Bubbly numbers but real   Bubbly numbers but real EmptyFri Nov 16 2012, 13:22

Yep that's it Andy, it's not really the stitching that makes the numbers puff up like that. In a real jersey the numbers are glued together before that are stitched to the jersey, it's the glue that keeps them flat. Because the fakes aren't glued they puff. This jersey is an early Reebok and the glue has been washed out, it's happened to a couple of my older jerseys too.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Cory3255
Rookie
Rookie
Cory3255

PostSubject: Re: Bubbly numbers but real   Bubbly numbers but real EmptyFri Nov 16 2012, 15:31

Excellent! Thanks for the clarification guys!
Back to top Go down
Andyf
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Bubbly numbers but real   Bubbly numbers but real EmptyMon Nov 19 2012, 11:53

Billsfan wrote:
Yep that's it Andy, it's not really the stitching that makes the numbers puff up like that. In a real jersey the numbers are glued together before that are stitched to the jersey, it's the glue that keeps them flat. Because the fakes aren't glued they puff. This jersey is an early Reebok and the glue has been washed out, it's happened to a couple of my older jerseys too.

Ahh that makes a sense. Thanks very much for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bubbly numbers but real   Bubbly numbers but real Empty

Back to top Go down

Bubbly numbers but real
Page 1 of 1