NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bluetalon37
Rookie
Rookie
bluetalon37

Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue   Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue EmptyTue Sep 09 2008, 20:28

As titled I'm looking for an authentic Shaun Alexander Seattle Seahawks Home jersey size 52 to replace the bootleg I bought several years ago. At present they can be picked up for around £70 +PP from NFL shop.
The fly in the ointment is that I just spilled an extra £44.00 on customs and Tax for importing a Brett Farve Packers authentic and reallty can’t afford another £40+ hit for nothing this month. Really grudge having to pay that amount of bucks for an item that I cannot purchase in this country.
Anyway if anyone can help with the Alexander jersey I’d be much obliged.
many thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Patriots Fan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Patriots Fan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue   Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue EmptyTue Sep 09 2008, 20:58

44 quid customs in this country disgust me they tax you for buying a real nfl jersey but they let all the fakes in tax free because they are marked as a gift with a low value.Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
bluetalon37
Rookie
Rookie
bluetalon37

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue   Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue EmptyTue Sep 09 2008, 21:03

Yeah mate as I said I would mind if I was choosing to purchasing an item from overseas due to a good exchange rate and then get hit with this tax. However we are purchasing these items from the US because they are unavailable here.

I think that if the item is unavailable in this country, is legal to own in the country and is under say £1,000 then it should be allowed through customs without a duty charge.
Back to top Go down
markg
markg

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue   Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue EmptyWed Sep 10 2008, 13:45

it really pisses me off having to pay crazy customs charges,i think they just pick a number off the top of their head and hey presto thats what you have to pay Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Patriots Fan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Patriots Fan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue   Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue EmptyWed Sep 10 2008, 15:31

i think its supposed to be 25% of the declared value and then the royal mail stick a £8 handling charge on top just to rub salt in to your wounds.
Back to top Go down
danevaliant
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue   Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue EmptyThu Sep 11 2008, 15:01

I've had some moron at Customs treat the amount in Dollars as if they were Pounds.

So I bought £25 ($50) worth of CDs from the US but Customs charged me tax as though I'd bought £50 of CDs.

And then charged me a fee for opening my parcel Evil or Very Mad

These were small US bands on US record labels, that were unavailable in HMV or on Amazon. So I wasn't buying them abroad as a dodge to save money. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Patriots Fan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Patriots Fan

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue   Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue EmptyThu Sep 11 2008, 15:12

i wish the exchange rate was £25($50) 2-1 dane i just bought some caps from the states and the exchange rate was £1-$1.70.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue   Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for Shaun Alexander Seahawks Authentic Home Blue
Page 1 of 1