NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just been done

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rokerzammo
Rookie
Rookie

Just been done Empty
PostSubject: Just been done   Just been done EmptyThu Oct 02 2008, 21:51

Hi guys,
wish I had found you earlier.

Just received a Tom Brady white New England Patriots jersey from carols-jerseys off ebay. Good quality fake, it has to be said, however......

Had emailed her beforehand, explained that i already owned a Reggie Bush authentic jersey, a Gaines Adams EQT Premium jersey and 12 replica jerseys, so knew exactly what to expect. Asked specifically if it was the heavyweight material (as per authentic) and reminded her that she was claiming "authentic" on her ebay ad. She said yes it was heavyweight.

As soon as the parcel arrived today, I knew holding it and before opening it that the weight was not right for a true authentic. Sure enough, I opened it up and while not authentic, it was a good copy I have to admit, but still I am not happy about someone basically selling something they claim is real and it isnt. The numbers arent layered twill and the material is not even close in comparison to my authentic "authentic" jersey, if you know what I mean. It is pretty close to the EQT / Premium one, but still differs.

Went onto google and found you guys amongst others. Have sent seller an email, basically stating that i said i wasnt interested if it was not authentic, but that she had told me it was heavyweight and advertised the item as authentic.

Guess I should have realised the price was too good to be true, but I did get my Reggie Bush authentic top for $120 (£60) at the Reebok store in Orlando Premium Outlets, so thought this one might have been an "off the back of a lorry" job, LOL

Incidentally, for anyone travelling to Orlando, try going to the Florida Mall. There is a Champs (got my Buccs EQT for $80 reduced from $110), another shop called Ultimate Sports Fan, which although small has hoards of NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL gear but at full prices. The best shop there is Team Choice. Not as great a range as Ultimate Sports fan but the deals they do are fantastic. Was there in Feb 2007 and they had an offer on whereby when each NFL team was eliminated, that teams jersey was reduced by 40%, with only the Colts at full price being post Superbowl. Then, in November 2007, they had buy one get one half price on all replica and EQT jersey's and the same offer was on in Feb 2008. The guys are really great to talk to, the main guy a Lions fan, actually from Detroit, and I think he was surprised at the depth of my knowledge of players and in the end, he just gave me his stock book to look in and see what he had out the back as well as on display. I ended up ringing my mates back home and getting them jersey's too !!! Top blokes !!!!

But back to the fakes, has anyone ever reported incidents to ebay or Reebok at all ??? Just wondered what responses anyone had had. Surely ebay have a duty to stop fakes being sold on their site ? After all, when I sell my kids clothes on there, I get a message asking me to confirm they are DKNY, Tommy Hilfiger etc and warning of selling fakes.

Its the same with video games. I hate paying £40 for a PS3 or Wii game and wait until somewhere has the game I want on offer as i wont pay it. My mate has a chipped Wii and always goes on about getting games for me for £3 a time, but I dont want to fund these fakers but I know the £40 makers charge for games is inflated due to the number of copies in circulation, so here I am stuck in the middle, not wanting to buy copies but not wanting to pay £40 a game that should really cost £25 or thereabouts. Rip-off !!!!! Good thing about trips to USA is I get to buy PS3 games cheaper (but sadly Wii ones wont work). Recent Morrisons deal was a God send with Wii games at £15 (incl Mario Kart) and PS3 at £25.

Keep up the good work guys, I`ll keep you posted with the reply on my fake shirt.

Last edited by rokerzammo on Thu Oct 02 2008, 21:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis-spelled word)
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Just been done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just been done   Just been done EmptyThu Oct 02 2008, 23:53

Welcome to the site rokerzammo.
Carols-jerseys are well known here for selling fakes. We have reported fakes to ebay, you don't get a response from them at all. ebay does have it's verify scheme, where the seller has to confirm that the goods are genuine, it doesn't seem to enforce it though.
I have a contact in the brand protection office at Reebok and I email them when we find a counterfeit seller. Most of the time things don't move as fast as we'd like as there is a fair amount of evidence gathering to do before a prosecution can be brought. I'd like to think that we are making a difference in our own way. As the sport becomes bigger here then more notice will be taken.

Enjoy the site and post picturs of your collection for us to envy. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Patriots Fan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Patriots Fan

Just been done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just been done   Just been done EmptyFri Oct 03 2008, 14:31

reebok are not members of ebays vero ip scheme which is why its so easy for these jokers to sell there rubbish.if a seller lists a reebok nfl jersey it does not ask you to confirm its authentic before listing it.that is unless you write reebok in the title.and of course the sellers of fakes know this which is why you will very rarely see a fake with reebok in the item title.report her to paypal as selling you a item not as described.when paypal ask you for a explanation explain to them the jersey you were sold was listed as authentic when in fact its a counterfeit.and they will investigate and hopefully give you your money back.
Back to top Go down
markg
markg

Just been done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just been done   Just been done EmptyFri Oct 03 2008, 16:31

quite frankly i feel ebay couldnt care less as they are getting the cash either way which really pisses me off when all of us are trying to buy the genuine article Mad
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

Just been done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just been done   Just been done EmptyFri Oct 03 2008, 16:55

ebay dont give a rats arse mate , try and track down the person phone her and tell her she is breaking the law by selling a item not as described , Then see what she says is this right guys ....she is breaking the law right
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Just been done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just been done   Just been done EmptyFri Oct 03 2008, 17:16

You're right Dino.
If the description states Reebok, Authentic, Official or similar and it's a fake then the law has been broken. Trading Standards should be informed.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Patriots Fan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Patriots Fan

Just been done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just been done   Just been done EmptyFri Oct 03 2008, 21:10

i have a ebay shop they phoned me today and asked how am i finding the new buy it now system.i asked them why they endorse sellers of fake nfl jerseys and the girl on the phone would not answer me.tells you all you need to know that does'n it
Back to top Go down
rokerzammo
Rookie
Rookie

Just been done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just been done   Just been done EmptySat Oct 04 2008, 20:37

Billsfan wrote:
You're right Dino.
If the description states Reebok, Authentic, Official or similar and it's a fake then the law has been broken. Trading Standards should be informed.

I've done better than that. After telling her it was a fake, she offered me my money back and apologised saying she was not aware it was as she was not clued up on NFL and was just trying to make a bit of extra money and that her US supplier reassured her it was authentic.

Just to confirm, her advert used the words "authentic Reebok", which as you have all quite rightly pointed out, is a breach of trading standards. I was aware of this, and by some quirk of fate, that very same day my local newspaper reported on an ebay trader from my own town, who has been taken to court by local trading standards, as part of their operation into people selling fake goods on ebay (adidas trainers were what they bought off him, fake ones obviously). The guy pleaded that he was unaware the goods he was selling were fake, but as most of you know, ignorance doesn't wash with the law, and the judge told him it was his responsibilty to ensure what he was selling was genuine. He is now £1000 lighter and doing community service. Here is the link to the story.......

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/2008/10/02/website-trader-in-court-84229-21941402/

I sent this to carols_jerseys and pointed out if they genuinely didnt realise they were selling fakes, if they were caught, the law would take the same stance. I also asked for my money back in advance of returning the jersey, as how can I trust someone to give me a refund, if they are willing to sell counterfeit goods ???? I have yet to see a response from her, but unless the money is repaid, I will be notifying ebay, reebok and more importantly trading standards and showing them the copy jersey against my authentic one, as it would appear trading standards are cracking down on fake goods, especially on ebay, at the moment.

My list of shirts are as follows :-
Reggie Bush (New Orleans Saints - black) authentic
Gaines Adams (Tampa Bay Buccaneers - red) EQT/Premium
TJ Houshmandzadeh (Cincinnati Bengals - black) replica
Chad Johnson (Cincinnati Bengals - white) replica
Tom Brady (New England Patriots - blue) replica
Laurence Maroney (New England Patriots - blue) replica
Wes Welker (New England Patriots - blue) replica
Randy Moss (New England Patriots - white) replica
Corey Dillon (New England Patriots - white) replica
Drew Bledsoe (New England Patriots - blue) replica

Got the Bledsoe jersey in October 2000 when I went to see Patriots vs Colts at the old Foxboro stadium. Went to Dolphins vs Giants game at Wembley last season and also Buccaneers vs Redskins last November. Got tickets for Saints vs Chargers Wembley this season, and also tickets for Buccaneers vs Saints at end of November. Trying to organise weekend in either Chicago or New York next season for me and a few friends who are in our own NFL fantasy league.

Followed NFL since Superbowl XX when I had followed the play-offs and knew New England Patriots were major underdogs against the Bears and stuck with them since. Turned out ok 15 years later !!! LOL !!! Got absolutely hoards of NFL games / highlights on video and DVD going back to Superbowl XIX 49ers vs Dolphins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just been done Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just been done   Just been done Empty

Back to top Go down

Just been done
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NFL Jersey Fan Paradise :: Is this jersey genuine? :: Ebay's worst fake jerseys-
Jump to: