NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Buccaneers Logo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

New Buccaneers Logo Empty
PostSubject: New Buccaneers Logo   New Buccaneers Logo EmptyFri Feb 21 2014, 04:07

Compared to the Vikings and Jaguars overhauls of last year, it seems like the Bucs have kept this on the down-low. The first I heard was earlier this week, when they announced that Sapp and McCoy would be revealing their redesigned helmet and logo on Feb 20.

The changes to the logo / helmet are not significant. The logo is quite a bit bigger, and the skull a little nastier, but the theme is unchanged (phew). I'm guessing they felt the need to exaggerate the logo a little as the detail of the skull and crossbones are lost at any type of distance.

The face mask is chrome, which I like, but I'm sure you won't really notice.

http://prod.static.buccaneers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/clubimages/helmet_splash.jpeg

In addition to revealing the new logo, it was also revealed that they are changing their uniforms - to be revealed on March 5. I'm guessing (hoping) the tweaks will only be minor.
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: New Buccaneers Logo   New Buccaneers Logo EmptyFri Feb 21 2014, 04:34

I was hoping they would go with a design that could be used with the creamsicle jerseys
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: New Buccaneers Logo   New Buccaneers Logo EmptyFri Feb 21 2014, 04:40

Bro KV wrote:
I was hoping they would go with a design that could be used with the creamsicle jerseys

You and me both man. The creamsicle jerseys seem to be a love / hate thing, but I'm definitely on the love side of that divide. I'm glad they changed to the red / white / pewter look, but the creamsicle throwbacks definitely looked amazing coming out 1 or 2 times a year.

Guess I'll just have to make do with the creamsicles of years gone by...

New Buccaneers Logo IMG_0162_zpsac42a4bf
New Buccaneers Logo IMG_0161_zps6544758c
New Buccaneers Logo IMG_0157_zpsc51b8ca1
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: New Buccaneers Logo   New Buccaneers Logo EmptyFri Feb 21 2014, 04:47

New Buccaneers Logo Image10

I got excited when I saw this before the release.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: New Buccaneers Logo   New Buccaneers Logo EmptyFri Feb 21 2014, 04:50

That actually looks pretty good. Guessing it was just someone in photoshop (the same as all the Nike uniforms, prior to them taking over from Reebok)?

As much as I love the creamsicles, I think I like the novelty value as much as anything. As sweet as that helmet would have looked with the creamsicle jersey, I think sticking with the pewter and red (which presumably they will do) is the right call.

What happened to the Saints' throwback last year. I was always a big fan of that look. I don't remember seeing it last year, and not sure the new helmet rule would have been an issue?
Back to top Go down
Bro KV
Starter
Starter
Bro KV

PostSubject: Re: New Buccaneers Logo   New Buccaneers Logo EmptyFri Feb 21 2014, 04:56

I think they went superstitious since they introduced the black on black for home they haven't lost while wearing them.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: New Buccaneers Logo   New Buccaneers Logo EmptyFri Feb 21 2014, 09:17

I like it, except for the Crome face mask. I'm not sure why cause I'd thought I'd like it, but the new logo size looks great. Looking forward to seeing the new uni's.

New Buccaneers Logo E99ff937813608318e6454923f5beb6e_zps3b95f491
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Buccaneers Logo   New Buccaneers Logo Empty

Back to top Go down

New Buccaneers Logo
Page 1 of 1