NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

***** Which type is right for you? *****

Go down 
+12
BengalUK
Runnings
JJ5000
Patriots Fan
Billsfan
NinersFan
Hawk37
Mr_Raider
markg
danevaliant
Skidder
Troy43
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

***** Which type is right for you? ***** Empty
PostSubject: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyMon Aug 27 2007, 08:58

Ok, lets start off with which style of jersey you like best. I'm mainly talking about the current Reebok range here.

Lets looks at the replica:
This is the first rung of jersey collecting. Mesh construction with dazzleshoulders and side panels. Screenprinted numbers and name plates. Has a drop tail (the back is longer than the front)
***** Which type is right for you? ***** Th_Picture049

The EQT (or premier):
Similar to the replica in construction but has a single layer tackle twill numbers. Also has a drop tail.
***** Which type is right for you? ***** Th_Picture047

The Authentic:
As close as the game worn contruction you can get without it being game worn. Main difference to the other types is spandex side panels, double layer construction on the shoulders and layered tackle twill numbers and name.(Single if the team only has one colour i.e New York Giants). Authentics do not have drop tails, both front and back are the same length.
***** Which type is right for you? ***** Th_Picture046

Game worn / Team issued:
The holy grail of jersey collecting. Made in the USA by Ripon, Berlin WA. They are available and prices depend on the player and team. Can you get any better than a jersey worn in a NFL game or issued by the team....No.
***** Which type is right for you? ***** Th_Picture006 ***** Which type is right for you? ***** Th_Picture003

Last edited by on Tue Jan 01 2008, 13:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Troy43

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyWed Sep 05 2007, 00:03

I like replithentic, EQT, or Premier, whichever u want to call it Very Happy

I like the baggy style of the replicas, with the features of the authentic

Plus their not too expensive

I haven't actually got a premier jersey yet, both of mine are replica

I'm gonna get a premier steelers 75th anniversary jersey
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyWed Sep 05 2007, 20:37

Troy43 wrote:
I like replithentic, EQT, or Premier, whichever u want to call it Very Happy

I like the baggy style of the replicas, with the features of the authentic

Plus their not too expensive

I haven't actually got a premier jersey yet, both of mine are replica

I'm gonna get a premier steelers 75th anniversary jersey

I have to say that I'm a game worn jersey fan, but I wear Authentic's I don't really like the cut of the EQT's they don't seem to hang right on me. What colour Steelers are you getting? The patch looks better on the white road jersey Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troy43

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyTue Sep 11 2007, 22:23

Although the patch ones are cool i'm getting the 75th anniv jersey

which hasn't just got a patch its a completely different jersey, with gold block numbering, no steelers logo

lemme find a link

http://news.steelers.com/catalog/product/75901/
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyTue Sep 11 2007, 22:40

Troy43 wrote:

which hasn't just got a patch its a completely different jersey, with gold block numbering, no steelers logo

lemme find a link

Yeah, I've seen those. They are pretty cool. I think they look better than the one they are wearing now. Go for it my man and don't forget to post a picture of it when you get it.
Back to top Go down
Troy43

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyWed Sep 12 2007, 21:14

yeah i will Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skidder
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyTue Mar 04 2008, 13:51

I love authentics but due to the cost involved I tend to go for EQTs nowadays. I try to avoid replicas as they just don't seem to feel right on me, although if I see a good deal I will buy the odd one.

I've never seen a game-worn jersey in person, but would be very tempted as an investment if I came across a Patriots one at a decent price! Smile
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyThu Mar 06 2008, 18:25

Skidder wrote:
I love authentics but due to the cost involved I tend to go for EQTs nowadays. I try to avoid replicas as they just don't seem to feel right on me, although if I see a good deal I will buy the odd one.

I've never seen a game-worn jersey in person, but would be very tempted as an investment if I came across a Patriots one at a decent price! Smile

The Pats don't seem to release their jerseys too often. I've not seen a current style gamer at all.
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyFri Jul 25 2008, 12:50

For me its the replica prefer the screen print cause its not too heavy and the jersey is generally lightweight and isnt heavy when it gets wet , my fake "authentic" when i wore that and it got wet and the padded shoulder bits and numbers would make it seem heavy

Replica jerseys - CHEAP AND CHEERFUL lol!

Last edited by dino26 on Sat Jul 26 2008, 11:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
danevaliant
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptySat Jul 26 2008, 10:38

Its something about the weight of an authentic that pleases me - the double shoulders and the lettering etc. Plus I prefer the mesh they're made of (more like the replicas of the 90's) instead of the itchy mesh of Reebok replicas.

But I do agree with your cheap and cheerful quote though dino. Its red-hot and I'm off to a bbq/all day booze up. Its football jersey weather, but I know I'm gonna get ketchup and burger grease everywhere at some point and I don't wanna ruin an authentic. So I've dug out the Bledsoe Bills replica Cool Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptySat Jul 26 2008, 11:24

danevaliant wrote:
Its something about the weight of an authentic that pleases me - the double shoulders and the lettering etc. Plus I prefer the mesh they're made of (more like the replicas of the 90's) instead of the itchy mesh of Reebok replicas.

But I do agree with your cheap and cheerful quote though dino. Its red-hot and I'm off to a bbq/all day booze up. Its football jersey weather, but I know I'm gonna get ketchup and burger grease everywhere at some point and I don't wanna ruin an authentic. So I've dug out the Bledsoe Bills replica Cool Perfect.

Yeah if it gets dirty you know it will be easier to come out rather than going on a authentic , what is your avatar , i seen that logo alot but dont know who it is , is it an old nfl logo for a team .
Back to top Go down
markg
markg

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptySat Jul 26 2008, 20:25

dino26 wrote:
danevaliant wrote:

Yeah if it gets dirty you know it will be easier to come out rather than going on a authentic , what is your avatar , i seen that logo alot but dont know who it is , is it an old nfl logo for a team .
its the houston oilers
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptySat Jul 26 2008, 23:50

These young unns!! lol lol!
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptySun Jul 27 2008, 16:39

Haha i thought it was something to do with the texans or bills based on colour so i wiki'd it and scrolled to the logos but didnt bother reading the bit at the top farao
Back to top Go down
NinersFan
Starter
Starter

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptySat Sep 13 2008, 20:53

I have a question about sizing. Is an XL replica the same size as an XL EQT or Authentic?

I just want to make sure i dont get something that wont be a good fit

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptySat Sep 13 2008, 21:33

NinersFan wrote:
I have a question about sizing. Is an XL replica the same size as an XL EQT or Authentic?

I just want to make sure i dont get something that wont be a good fit

Thanks in advance

Replica's and EQT's are sized the same. The Authentic comes up larger (for pads) so go down a size. So XL in a replica/EQT = 50 large in an Authentic.
Back to top Go down
Patriots Fan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Patriots Fan

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptySun Sep 28 2008, 16:00

as much as i like the authentics its the eqt for me i prefer the weight of it to a authentic and the price is much more reasonable.something i have found though is a large eqt is slightly bigger than a medium authentic because the large eqt fits me better than a 48 medium authentic does
Back to top Go down
JJ5000
Rookie
Rookie
JJ5000

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyFri Oct 03 2008, 16:01

Troy43 wrote:

lemme find a link

I remember seeing the NFL 75th Anniversary Steelers throwback jerseys back in '94. Those were brutal looking. I think they were a throwback to their 1930s jerseys:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/3028/pitt.html

Is there a thread around here of horrible looking jerseys? I remember Sky Sports did a top 10 segment on the worst looking jerseys. I think Orlando of the old WLAF featured in there.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyFri Oct 03 2008, 17:29

That's a great Idea JJ. I'll open one up in general jersey talk.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyFri Oct 03 2008, 18:09

JJ5000 wrote:

I think Orlando of the old WLAF featured in there.

I has one of their jerseys! Day glow green! they rocked!
Back to top Go down
JJ5000
Rookie
Rookie
JJ5000

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyWed Jan 07 2009, 20:48

I've just bought two premier jerseys and even though I haven't received them yet, I think they're the right kind for me. I don't think I could justify paying authentic prices and even if I did, I might be afraid to wear it. However, I do like to have a bit of quality in the shirts I wear and the premier has the best of both worlds, good quality and good price.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyWed Jan 07 2009, 21:16

Authentics dont have to be expensive, its just a case of looking ..... cyclops
Back to top Go down
Runnings
Probowler
Probowler
Runnings

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyWed Nov 04 2009, 23:41

Decided to go for an Authenic (as I dislike the tail drop!) but in a bit of a muddle over sizing. Shocked

Normal t-shirts I am 2XL, my last replica was XL but I find that too big so in replica I guess I would be large. I think a 50/52" chest across the shirt is what I need, what would this be in Authentic??

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyThu Nov 05 2009, 08:17

Runnings wrote:
Decided to go for an Authenic (as I dislike the tail drop!) but in a bit of a muddle over sizing. Shocked

Normal t-shirts I am 2XL, my last replica was XL but I find that too big so in replica I guess I would be large. I think a 50/52" chest across the shirt is what I need, what would this be in Authentic??

Thanks

You always drop a size in the Authentic jersey, so I'd say that if the replica XL was too big, then a size 50 should be right for you.
Back to top Go down
Runnings
Probowler
Probowler
Runnings

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** EmptyFri Nov 13 2009, 18:06

Checking out some Jerseys I notice that "Length + 2" appears on a few Premiers I have seen.

Is this the whole jersey or is it referring to the drop at the back??

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***** Which type is right for you? *****   ***** Which type is right for you? ***** Empty

Back to top Go down

***** Which type is right for you? *****
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NFL Jersey Fan Paradise :: Welcome :: Know your jerseys?-
Jump to: