NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just arrived yesterday @5pm!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bluetalon37
Rookie
Rookie
bluetalon37

Just arrived yesterday @5pm! Empty
PostSubject: Just arrived yesterday @5pm!   Just arrived yesterday @5pm! EmptyWed Apr 29 2009, 12:03

Wonder if I'm the first in the UK to have an authentic Seahawks home blue #84 Houshmandzadeh jersey?

Ordered it from the Seahawks Pro Shop on 31st March (once it was established what his number was going to be) four weeks later it arrived.

Haven't any pics (I'm painfully lazy when it comes to posting pics) however it does look cool.

Going now to send an e-mail of thanks to Ryan Brown at the Seahawks pro shop for all his help with the order, good communication and an excellent guy to deal with.

Once again though the only sour note was the £74 I had to pay on import tax Shocked

It really ticks me off have to pay that much import tax on an item I cannot purchase in this country. When will Reebok ever make it possible to purchase authentic jerseys from within the UK and stop this nonsense?

Other than that I’m over the moon with my purchase, just hope T.J. has an amazing year with the Hawks! cheers
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived yesterday @5pm!   Just arrived yesterday @5pm! EmptyWed Apr 29 2009, 19:30

Good for you mate, damn customs eh? GET SOME PICTURES UP!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived yesterday @5pm!   Just arrived yesterday @5pm! EmptyThu Apr 30 2009, 11:03

Nice one but damm customs , did you ask him if he could send it as a gift.
Back to top Go down
bluetalon37
Rookie
Rookie
bluetalon37

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived yesterday @5pm!   Just arrived yesterday @5pm! EmptyThu Apr 30 2009, 16:29

No Dino I didn't

As I was dealing with the Hawks pro shop I didn't think they would do that.

I would've asked if it was say an independent sports store, where I was dealing with the owner. However as it was the pro shop the guy would just be doing his job and following procedure and I wouldn't have wanted to get him into any trouble had it got lost in transit or something.

Thanks Billsfan and Yeah I will have to get around to taking and posting some pics Embarassed
Back to top Go down
markg
markg

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived yesterday @5pm!   Just arrived yesterday @5pm! EmptyThu Apr 30 2009, 22:59

nice one but the duty charges are a joke its high time something was done about how much they actually charge for it seems they just seem to come up with a random amout.
Back to top Go down
danevaliant
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived yesterday @5pm!   Just arrived yesterday @5pm! EmptyFri May 01 2009, 17:48

Customs is a joke for things like that. Especially, as bluetalon says, there is nowhere in England to buy this. Its not as though you are dodging higher prices over here by buying abroad or something, thus taking business away from a British company.

One time the dastards treated the ammount in dollars as the pound price. So I got charged tax as if it were an item worth £80 even though I only spent £40 Evil or Very Mad And they charged me a fiver for opening it Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

That was the last time I ever brought from an American company online. Now I only buy from small sellers over there who will mark it as a "gift"
Back to top Go down
bluetalon37
Rookie
Rookie
bluetalon37

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived yesterday @5pm!   Just arrived yesterday @5pm! EmptySat May 02 2009, 11:55

Quote :
That was the last time I ever brought from an American company online. Now I only buy from small sellers over there who will mark it as a "gift"

Danevaliant,

Do you have a contact list for these sellers as I’m always reluctant to purchase from smaller businesses incase they are dealing in fakes.

I’m sure such a list would be appreciated by all on the forum if it’ll save us £60, £70….. pick a number import tax charges.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
markg
markg

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived yesterday @5pm!   Just arrived yesterday @5pm! EmptySun May 03 2009, 07:51

that is also what i try to do,ask before you purchase if they will put gift on the customs form,most will do it if you ask.
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived yesterday @5pm!   Just arrived yesterday @5pm! EmptySun May 03 2009, 11:55

bluetalon37 wrote:
Quote :

Danevaliant,

Do you have a contact list for these sellers as I’m always reluctant to purchase from smaller businesses incase they are dealing in fakes.

I’m sure such a list would be appreciated by all on the forum if it’ll save us £60, £70….. pick a number import tax charges.

Cheers

There is a bit on the forum mate that says trusted international sellers (ebay) , just enter there name in the community bit , but 99% of people will say yes to marking it as a gift i usually just ask "im really interested in your item but will you mark the P&P as a gift so i dont get hit by hefty custom charges" , most of them will say yeah just so they can sell there product , it doesnt affect them .

Life would be crap without ebay my first item was a signed John Terry picture back in 05 , I used to think that the only way i could buy american sports merchandise was by going to the US but ebay opened my eyes ! , never used ebay alot cause my dad is old school with the "dont give them your details" crap so i bought the JT pic as a test all went smoothly . It was funny i remember my dad saying "dont use ebay alot" in my history i probally have bought 10 -12 items max where as he is on well over 100 haha , i used to use postal orders , then cheques now i just use my card , I know that was random but its 11:55 am and im bored !

Just arrived yesterday @5pm! I%20love%20ebay-200x200
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just arrived yesterday @5pm!   Just arrived yesterday @5pm! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just arrived yesterday @5pm!
Page 1 of 1