NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.

Go down 
+12
Billsfan
Timinator
ProjectPat
rmcc
drewhitman69
Chris2k
lilyhe
debaser64
BoysFanatic
DaaaBears
Pookie
danevaliant
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. Empty
PostSubject: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptySun Jan 10 2010, 15:22

Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. Realfakenflpalogo-1

Last edited by Billsfan on Thu Feb 04 2010, 18:41; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
danevaliant
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyThu Jan 14 2010, 22:25

Wow nice work there. Another string to add to the bow - along with checking the collar shield, and Reebok logos on sleeves.

Especially since some fakes are getting better in quality (still lots of hideous ones out there though)
Back to top Go down
Pookie
Rookie
Rookie
Pookie

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyFri Jan 15 2010, 04:27

Good day all! Newbie here and I have a question regarding REEBOK on the sleeves. What do I look for to distinguish the good from the bad?

Many thanks....
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyFri Jan 15 2010, 12:18

Pookie wrote:
Good day all! Newbie here and I have a question regarding REEBOK on the sleeves. What do I look for to distinguish the good from the bad?

Many thanks....

Welcome to the site, and thanks for your question.

The Reebok vector logo on the sleeves can be an indicator. I've noticed that on a lot of the fakes you can see a thread running between the three elements of the logo.

Here's a genuine vector:
Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. Genuinevector

Here's a counterfeit vector:
Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. Fakevector

And here's a bad fake vector:
Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. Badfakevector

As you can see the quality of the vector varies between the counterfeits. It's easier to look at the hem tag and collar equipment badge than the vector.

I hope this answers your question.
Back to top Go down
Pookie
Rookie
Rookie
Pookie

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyFri Jan 15 2010, 22:39

Your answer sharpened my eye! Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
Pookie
Rookie
Rookie
Pookie

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyFri Jan 15 2010, 22:41

Can you also show me the hem tag and collar equipment badge differences? I am eye balling jerseys on ebay and want to know the correct questions to ask and the correct pictures to have them send me to make my decision. I'm glad I found you guys on You-Tube.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptySat Jan 16 2010, 00:36

Pookie wrote:
Can you also show me the hem tag and collar equipment badge differences? I am eye balling jerseys on ebay and want to know the correct questions to ask and the correct pictures to have them send me to make my decision. I'm glad I found you guys on You-Tube.

Sure, I'll get something together for you and post it here.
Back to top Go down
DaaaBears
Starter
Starter
DaaaBears

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptySat Jan 16 2010, 05:34

This is a great post, thanks for the great info!

It really cracks me up looking at some of the Reebok vectors on fakes. Ask yourself, if Reebok wants to get their name out there, why the heck would they put crappy vectors that just look a little off? It just doesn't make sense. I remember how bad the vector looked on my first ebay-bought jersey. It looked way worse that all the fakes in those pics.

As far as the Equipment NFL collar, I've heard that on fakes that the stars bleed into each other and just look poorly sewn. However, I have genuine jerseys that have some minor problems with this. In addition, if the football on the collar looks off and not football-like, that's a good indicator of a fake. I feel like it's really hit or miss with the collar shield...
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyMon Jan 18 2010, 14:31

Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. Evanshem1

Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. Fitztag-1

The top tag is genuine and the bottom is one of the best fakes i've seen lately, but there are differences if you can get close enough you can see them.

1. The NFL logo is a lighter blue and wider on the fake. The ball in the middle is more elongated than the genuine one. The stars are better quality on the genuine and the 'L' where it curls over at the bottom almost touches the body, but on the fake there is a clear space.

2. NFLPA logo as described at the top of the post.

3. There is a gap between the words NFL and Players on the genuine. The fake has no real gap at all.

4. RBK and vector logo. Harder to see but you can see the 'R' is different and the vector is also not as good on the fake.

As a rule of thumb look at the ball on the NFL logo and the NFLPA logo. These can give the game away. Remember that these are made by several counterfeiters and there are differences between these too.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyMon Jan 18 2010, 14:54

Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. Collar Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. Collar1 Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. Collar2 Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. Collar3

I used these as a competition a couple of years back which is why they are numbered strangely.

#3 is the genuine and the others are fakes. One of the easy ways to tell, if you have the jersey in your hands that it, is to check the thread that is used to stitch it on. Genuine would have clear thread and the fakes generally use white thread. Overall the ball, again, is the main thing. genuine ones are ball shaped and fakes vary in shape. The stitching on the word 'EQUIPMENT' on the real one is much better than the fakes.

The new 08 NFL logo looked like it was going to be easier to fake than the last, but it hasn't by the looks of it. The ones I've seen have not been very good at all, again the ball is not the right shape.
Back to top Go down
BoysFanatic
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyMon Jan 18 2010, 16:42

Billsfan, this is great info!!

Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyMon Jan 18 2010, 16:58

BoysFanatic wrote:
Billsfan, this is great info!!

Thanks a lot!

You're welcome
Back to top Go down
debaser64

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyMon Aug 16 2010, 20:42

Are "shiny" or "reflective" numbers a dead giveaway for a fake? Specificaly I am looking at Ravens jerseys? A lot of the ebay ones seem to reflect the flash and I have not been able to find a "real" one to compare against. Are most authentic numbers matte?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyMon Aug 16 2010, 21:15

debaser64 wrote:
Are "shiny" or "reflective" numbers a dead giveaway for a fake? Specificaly I am looking at Ravens jerseys? A lot of the ebay ones seem to reflect the flash and I have not been able to find a "real" one to compare against. Are most authentic numbers matte?

Welcome,
They are shiny on the fake and matte on a genuine, so it is a good sign. Also look for bubbling on the numbers as this is another sign of a fake jersey.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyTue Aug 17 2010, 18:48

q1111 wrote:
Learn more about The World's Most Famous Arena's transformation, including a timeline of updates that will significantly enhance the experience of fans, partners, sponsors, athletes and performers.

Why would a group of NFL fans be interested in your fake products. Get lost, by the way you're banned.
Back to top Go down
lilyhe
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyFri Aug 27 2010, 15:27

wooooooo.very useful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drewhitman69

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptySun Jul 10 2011, 11:33

Hello I am new to this, and wondering if these jerseys are real?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170649332135&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3283wt_1270
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320634382617&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1440wt_1270
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptySun Jul 10 2011, 11:36

drewhitman69 wrote:
Hello I am new to this, and wondering if these jerseys are real?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170649332135&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3283wt_1270
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320634382617&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1440wt_1270

Hey Drew, welcome to the board! I'd have to say those both look fake to me. The numbers look a bit bubbly and shiny.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptySun Jul 10 2011, 19:01

Hi Drew, yes they are both fakes as mrhead said.
Back to top Go down
drewhitman69

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptySun Jul 10 2011, 19:58

Okay thank you guys!
Back to top Go down
drewhitman69

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptySun Jul 10 2011, 20:02

Could bubbling be caused by putting the jersey into a washing machine then putting it in the dryer?

Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptySun Jul 10 2011, 21:58

drewhitman69 wrote:
Could bubbling be caused by putting the jersey into a washing machine then putting it in the dryer?

Not likely as they have the card swingtags. No, they are fakes.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptySun Jul 10 2011, 23:45

drewhitman69 wrote:

That could happen but as Billsfan said, these are new with tags.
Back to top Go down
drewhitman69

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyMon Jul 11 2011, 00:15

Oh okay, I was talking about jerseys that I have and wash in the washing machine. But once again thank you both!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. EmptyMon Jul 11 2011, 00:22

drewhitman69 wrote:
Oh okay, I was talking about jerseys that I have and wash in the washing machine. But once again thank you both!

Well you should follow the care instructions on the tag. I have an authentic jersey which I've had for years and there is little bubbling, but i've never put one in the dryer always drip dry on the line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. Empty

Back to top Go down

Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next