NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.

Go down 
+12
Billsfan
Timinator
ProjectPat
rmcc
drewhitman69
Chris2k
lilyhe
debaser64
BoysFanatic
DaaaBears
Pookie
danevaliant
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chris2k

Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10 2011, 23:45

drewhitman69 wrote:
Could bubbling be caused by putting the jersey into a washing machine then putting it in the dryer?

That could happen but as Billsfan said, these are new with tags.
Back to top Go down
drewhitman69

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11 2011, 00:15

Oh okay, I was talking about jerseys that I have and wash in the washing machine. But once again thank you both!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11 2011, 00:22

drewhitman69 wrote:
Oh okay, I was talking about jerseys that I have and wash in the washing machine. But once again thank you both!

Well you should follow the care instructions on the tag. I have an authentic jersey which I've had for years and there is little bubbling, but i've never put one in the dryer always drip dry on the line.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11 2011, 00:28

drewhitman69 wrote:

I generally wash on cold water, gentle cycle. I use Cheer and Woolite to protect the colors from fading. I hang dry all jerseys. If the numbers do happen to bubble, use an iron on a low setting and put a towel over the numbers. DO NOT LET THE IRON TOUCH THE JERSEY. Also be careful not to the the iron touch anything that is screened on, like sleeve stripes.
Back to top Go down
drewhitman69

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11 2011, 04:14

Okay thank you, I will try what you have said
Back to top Go down
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10 2012, 01:16

DOes anyone have any comparisons of the other versions of the jocktag????
Back to top Go down
ProjectPat
Starter
Starter
ProjectPat

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 10 2012, 04:53

For authentic Reebok's, there are only two other jock tags. The other one looks similar to the current one, with a different NFL Shield and without the NFL PA logo. But normally the jocktags are made very nicely, so the stitching on the laces of the football, the thickness of the letters, etc. all look very nice.

2002 Colts

The other Reebok jocktag is the 2001 jocktag, which features the team helmet. I really don't think you'll see fakes of these.

2001 Vikings
Back to top Go down
Timinator

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21 2012, 14:26

Just wanted to expression appreciation for this site being here. Looking for an authentic Reebok "Premier" collection jersey for my wife, NY Giants. A ton of them out on fleabay have the supposed Captain's patches on them as a cool thing. Which guides from NFL Jersey Fan Paradise site say are a sign of a fake. I ended up going to NFL Shop dot com to buy one, got in a chat with their agent. And he advised same as you: Reebok today and historically, has never added Captain's patches to their new gear.

If someone added it after the fact that's one thing. But selling a jersey as brand new WITH the Captain's patch....buyer beware. It is counterfeit.

Great job....please keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21 2012, 18:44

Thank you Timinator.
Back to top Go down
lupin879
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04 2015, 09:11

is this real ?
ebay number new england patriots tom brady reebok

man help me please

Ps but what is the composition of the nfl jersey reebok ?
Back to top Go down
eljefe707
Rookie
Rookie
eljefe707

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08 2015, 05:28

That second jersey your wondering about the white one. That is definitely fake.
It's hard to tell about that blue one. I'm not an expert but my knowledge is getting better.
Back to top Go down
BigBlueBro
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Almost bought from JOOLI15   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 13 2017, 03:53

JOOLI15 is selling two "2001 Reebok Giants Jersey" one is Strahan and the other is Shockey. They are supposed to be from the same year, for the same team, but I noticed the neck tags are quite different.
One made in Honduras the other Korea. Are either of these legit for a 2001 Reebok NY Giants Jersey?

This is the Shockey Tag
Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 S-l1600

And This is the Strahan tag
Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 S-l1600
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 13 2017, 10:11

Well jerseys were made in both those countries so that's not an issue. This seller does have a habit of not sending the same jersey as the one in the photos so you need to take that into account. Personally I wouldn't take the risk and buy for this guy.
Back to top Go down
BigBlueBro
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 13 2017, 12:12

Thanks Bilsfan. My other concern with the tags is that the first tag contains a lot more information than the second tag. Is that a sign that one or both may be fake?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 13 2017, 12:51

No not at all. They do differ like that. The counterfeiters do a good job on those tags anyway so they aren't the best tell. I find they always muck up the shape of the ball in the NFL logo. Fake ones tend to look squashed.
Back to top Go down
agentapple

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 03 2020, 22:31

I have a Tim Brown home black Reebok. I’ve determined that the hem tag is from 2002-2004. The collar tag says it’s was manufactured in Korea, but the rest of the tag is oddly blank. The washing instructions are on the inside of the jersey at the bottom.

For some reason I can’t shake the feeling that it‘s fake. I have two White away jerseys Rice and Brown to compare it too. Those were manufactured in El Salvador and I’m positive are authentic. The jersey material stretches and feels the same. The stitching on the front numbers of the home jersey looks a little sketchy. But other than that the jersey looks fairly legit. And I can’t find any discernible differences other than the collar tag. The away jerseys have the washing instructions on the collar and no tag underneath, while this home jersey has the washing instructions underneath.

Can you guys help me out? Here are the pics. I have pics but I can’t post the link.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04 2020, 01:19

Hi, agentapple, I will pm you my email address send me your pics and I’ll take a look for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.   Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Close up comparisons in a genuine/fake tags etc.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2