NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mitchel and ness jersey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jetsfan
Rookie
Rookie

Mitchel and ness jersey Empty
PostSubject: Mitchel and ness jersey   Mitchel and ness jersey EmptyFri Jan 22 2010, 09:35

Hi, just a quick question ifyou don't mind, this is my first post. First thank you for running this very helpful forum. My question is I purchased a Mitchel and ness throwback Bengals Boomer Esiason jersey from Ebay, Would any supposed authentic jersey or throwback have screened numbers instead of twill....thank you in advance............Joe
Back to top Go down
Runnings
Probowler
Probowler
Runnings

PostSubject: Re: Mitchel and ness jersey   Mitchel and ness jersey EmptyFri Jan 22 2010, 10:39

I think it depends on the era of the jersey as to them using twill numbers or screen.

http://www.mitchellandness.com/Products/Cincinnati-Bengals-1988-White-Jersey---Boomer-Esiason__7220-262-88BESIA.aspx

I believe this one is screened on.
Back to top Go down
jetsfan
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Mitchel and ness jersey   Mitchel and ness jersey EmptyFri Jan 22 2010, 13:11

Thats exactly what I have but in black. A 1988 throwback with original tags of $250.00. Did they (the NFL) use screened on jerseys then, Im really not sure. Thank you for the reply...
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Mitchel and ness jersey   Mitchel and ness jersey EmptyFri Jan 22 2010, 19:24

Hi Jetsfan and welcome,
Yes during this period the jersey numbers were screened or painted on. My Bills were the last team to go over to twill numbers in the 02 season. M&N are very accurate and do stick to how the jerseys were back in the period of the jersey.

https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
jetsfan
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Mitchel and ness jersey   Mitchel and ness jersey EmptySat Jan 23 2010, 03:35

Hey thanks for the reply, I was unsure, when I bid on the jersey, I just assumed it would be twill, I was a little disappointed, although it is a very nice jersey. Is their any way of telling if the mitchell and ness throwbacks are authentic or fakes, like I said its a very nice jersey, heavy in weight, but still unsure if its authentic or fake.....Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Mitchel and ness jersey   Mitchel and ness jersey EmptySat Jan 23 2010, 09:36

Have you checked the 'How to tell a fake Mitchell and Ness jersey thread'?

https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Runnings
Probowler
Probowler
Runnings

PostSubject: Re: Mitchel and ness jersey   Mitchel and ness jersey EmptySat Jan 23 2010, 12:24

jetsfan wrote:
Hey thanks for the reply, I was unsure, when I bid on the jersey, I just assumed it would be twill, I was a little disappointed, although it is a very nice jersey. Is their any way of telling if the mitchell and ness throwbacks are authentic or fakes, like I said its a very nice jersey, heavy in weight, but still unsure if its authentic or fake.....Thanks guys

If its is screened on, especially the heavy screen, it is very highly unlikely to a fake.

I just got my Lawrence Taylor Giants M&N and much prefer the heavy screen myself. Cool
Back to top Go down
jetsfan
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: I'll check the thread   Mitchel and ness jersey EmptyMon Jan 25 2010, 15:58

Sorry, didn't see the thread about how to tell a fake mitchell and ness. Thanks again, I'll compare
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mitchel and ness jersey   Mitchel and ness jersey Empty

Back to top Go down

Mitchel and ness jersey
Page 1 of 1