NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My yuletide pickup part 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

My yuletide pickup part 2 Empty
PostSubject: My yuletide pickup part 2   My yuletide pickup part 2 EmptySat Jan 23 2010, 14:18

Josh Reed practice worn jersey with some nice impact marks and a team repair. Customs got me yet again and effectively doubled the cost of the jersey.

My yuletide pickup part 2 Reedpracticefront

My yuletide pickup part 2 Reedpracticeback

My yuletide pickup part 2 Reedpracticerepair
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
72dolphin
Probowler
Probowler
72dolphin

PostSubject: Re: My yuletide pickup part 2   My yuletide pickup part 2 EmptyMon Jan 25 2010, 21:14

That's cool (apart from the customs, they really annoy me too) i've seen a couple of practice jerseys knocking about ebay and nearly got one before xmas.

I'm looking to get a jersey with the number 82 on (birth year) who do you think i should go for (any team / player)?

failing that i may get a custom job with my own name
Back to top Go down
danevaliant
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: My yuletide pickup part 2   My yuletide pickup part 2 EmptyFri Feb 05 2010, 17:41

Wow that nice. The material looks strange up close. I'd always imagine practice jerseys would be made of the same mesh as the actual jerseys.

Damn customs though. The jersey must've either been very good price, or customs absolutely screwed you over to double the price!

I had a run in with those dastards last week. £8 tax (annoying in itself since clothes were made in America and bought from a US company). But the £8 Parcel Force "release fee" was the final straw Evil or Very Mad

Apparently because they paid the customs charge for me. A: I don't remember asking Parcelfarce to deliver my parcel and B: If they'd asked I'd have paid customs fees myself. Daylight robbery. Got some good stuff though.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: My yuletide pickup part 2   My yuletide pickup part 2 EmptyFri Feb 05 2010, 17:53

I only paid $37 for it, then $30 shipping with insurance ( still a bargain for a known player) and then £24 customs and, of course the £8 parcelforce cut is included in that.

The seller had put down it was worth $100, which is why I got caught. I emailed him and asked him to put the actual price I paid as I wouldn't have had to pay a thing to customs if he had. He was very sorry and explained that at the post office he was asked to put down it's value and not what I paid. I've got something else coming from him, he shipped it before I emailed him, so I'm expecting another customs charge Sad
Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: My yuletide pickup part 2   My yuletide pickup part 2 EmptyMon Feb 22 2010, 19:23

That's good advice to know; thanks guys. I shipped to Canada a few times, and learned the same thing...Less is more, in terms of undervalue the item and the recipient doesn't get railed by customs, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://catcraveradio.com
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: My yuletide pickup part 2   My yuletide pickup part 2 EmptyMon Feb 22 2010, 22:04

I haven't got a problem with paying customs charges if it warrants it, the dear old Queen needs the money for Corgi feed, but I do get hacked off when it's not necessary, ( and it means I can't buy anything else for a while!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My yuletide pickup part 2   My yuletide pickup part 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My yuletide pickup part 2
Page 1 of 1