NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Belialthebacupdolphin
Rookie
Rookie

Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? Empty
PostSubject: Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake?   Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? EmptyWed Jan 27 2010, 19:26

Hiya, i'm new to this forum (great work by the way).

I bought a Ronnie Brown shirt at the end of 2007. If i'd have known about this site i'd of posted it here first!! Anyway, just wanted to see what people thought? It seems good quality, and label says made in korea.

The thing i've read on here that make me wonder is that in the video on the front page of the site, it says the tag at the bottom of my shirt was from 2002-2004. Yet i bought this in 2007, and even if it were an old shirt, Ronnie only joined the nfl in 2005!! What you think? Also, the stiches in the number at the back came away (but i think thats my own fault for playing too rough)

I'm 95% sure the seller i bought it off ebay from was sas.sports.2005 whixh i notice on here is in the legit list

Thanks in advance

P.S I've seen a couple of 55 porter shirts i'll be posting soon to see what you all think before i buy any

Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? DSC00181-1
Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? DSC00179-1
Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? DSC00182
Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? DSC00183
Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? DSC00178
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake?   Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? EmptyThu Jan 28 2010, 01:23

Welcome to the NJFP family. In the picture the back looks longer than the front, is that really the case or is it how it has been laid out for the pic?

If it is longer then it can only be a fake, as the Authentic jersey does not have the 'droptail' only the replica and premier jerseys do. Also the side panels look to be made of dazzle material and not spandex, again the sign of a fake. The orange part to the numbers looks to be stitches rather than a layer of twill, again makes it a fake.

On the whole mate, I'd be happy to say it is a fake. As you say you bought it a couple of years ago from SAS, this would be consistent with the lack of knowledge of the Uk sellers regarding fakes back then. We've come on leaps and bounds since then and many sellers are now selling the genuine article.

Hope this answers your questions.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Belialthebacupdolphin
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake?   Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? EmptyThu Jan 28 2010, 07:22

Yeah thanks mate.

I had my suspicions after reading this site.

Yes the shirt is longer at the back, and the orange parts are stitched. The side parts are the same material that is on the sleeves.

Bit gutted to find out its a fake. Though it only cost about £35 so i thought i'd got a bargain!

To be honest i was getting more suspicious the more i wore it too, as the stiching had ripped near the number, and also around parts of the numbers it seems a little worn and bobbly.

I'm assuming sas sports didnt know about these at the time then, as they have been recommended on here as being legit?

Good work on the site, i'm due a joey porter shirt soon, so will be checking everything you have mentioned on the site as soon as it arrives
Back to top Go down
AllAmericanSports

PostSubject: Re: Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake?   Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? EmptyThu Jan 28 2010, 09:41

Belialthebacupdolphin wrote:
Yeah thanks mate.

I had my suspicions after reading this site.

Yes the shirt is longer at the back, and the orange parts are stitched. The side parts are the same material that is on the sleeves.

Bit gutted to find out its a fake. Though it only cost about £35 so i thought i'd got a bargain!

To be honest i was getting more suspicious the more i wore it too, as the stiching had ripped near the number, and also around parts of the numbers it seems a little worn and bobbly.

I'm assuming sas sports didnt know about these at the time then, as they have been recommended on here as being legit?

Good work on the site, i'm due a joey porter shirt soon, so will be checking everything you have mentioned on the site as soon as it arrives

If you are looking for a Joey Porter jersey I have plenty of legit ones (no fakes here) at Touchdown Sports.
Back to top Go down
Raider1874
Rookie
Rookie
Raider1874

PostSubject: Re: Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake?   Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? EmptyThu Jan 28 2010, 10:20

I just got my joey porter jersey this morning from Sas and can confirm its genuine (well as far as i can tell, i'm new to this but thanks to the site i can see the tell tale signs now)

I have posted pics in the latest pickup thread
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake?   Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? EmptyThu Jan 28 2010, 11:58

Belialthebacupdolphin wrote:

Yeah I would imagine that was the case back then.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake?   Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is my Ronnie Brown shirt fake?
Page 1 of 1