NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

$259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
humanitarian22
Rookie
Rookie

quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP Empty
PostSubject: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptySat Sep 10 2011, 03:57

Hello folks.
This is my first post.
Today is a very very very sad day for me.
I have never in my life felt so RIPPED OFF, BAMBOOZLED, TAKEN, SCAMMED.
First of all, let me tell you my story. Been wearing jerseys since 1990 when i was 7 or 8. Have spent THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars on jerseys with my hard earned money. Just off the top of my head, I have about a dozen reebok NFL jerseys in the last 8-10 years; Tomlinson, Priest Holmes, Ed Reed, Curtis Martin, Randy moss, Quintin Mikell, Brian Dawkins, Brian Westbrook, Barry Sanders and MORE. ALL FROM NFL.com or sports authority or eastbay. ALL TOP DOLLAR. A coupon code here and there maybe. All of them have been BEAUTIFUL and perfect in every way. My favorite article of clothing. Was using a Quintin Mikell Jersey for games. Before that I had a Dawkins and a Westbrook. I think the Mikell was from nflshop.com, the Dawkins and Westbrook were purchased from eastbay. Long story short, dawkins and westbrook are great throwbacks to wear to games. But I needed a new fresh jersey. Decided to go with LeSean McCoy. Found a nice 15% off coupon for sportsauthority.com. Order placed, Black Alt McCoy, size 54!! Couldn't wait for it to come to the house.
I raced home today, saw is on the front steps, grabbed it, ran inside, opened it up, and it was all downhill from there.
First of all, the first green layer to all the numbers WAS WAAAYYYYY off. LIKE BAD. A bright teal color?!?!? On top of that, the numbers are all WRINKLED, not stiff and pressed like they should be. Plus the 3 layers are VERY BRIGHT and reflective. And wait, IT GETS worse!! Theres a layer of white linen/fabric on the reverse side of the jersey!!!
It felt like someone PUNCHED ME IN THE FACE, ripped my guts out!!
How could this happen. What the hell is going on here? Its like a bad dream. I have NEVER seen a bigger piece of GARBAGE JERSEY in my whole ENTIRE LIFE. Direct from reebok through Sports Authority!!! Where is the quality control?!?!? I wouldn't pay $50 for this piece of trash. I've seen BETTER FAKES ON EBAY. How could this have happened? I wish i was lying, i wish this was a dream. I swear on Jesus Christ, my family, my girlfriend, everything HOLY in my life that this is real.
Someone please help me. It was a customized jersey, what can sports authority do for me?? Theres no returns on customized orders. Can i get an exchange? Can i get in touch with a reebok manager? The eagles team shop at the stadium? Reebok Corporate. Wish me good luck trying to get in touch with reebok.
This is a very sad day for me. Quite easily the worst ONLINE PURCHASE i have ever made in my entire life.
If it was a slight difference, I wouldn't make a big deal. But this is NIGHT and DAY were talking about here. It is so bad, pictures DO NOT DO JUSTICE.
Where do i go from here??!?! Am i screwed?

OH no, Cant post pictures, someone please PM me for pics/proof. I need help ASAP.

ALso, 3 jerseys that were good, Mikell, Dawkins, Westbrook, all made in Korea. The McCoy - VIETNAM.

Thank you very much
William Kreiss

servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=5&u=16851247

servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=7&u=16851247

servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=9&u=16851247

servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1&u=16851247

servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=6&u=16851247

Last edited by humanitarian22 on Sat Sep 10 2011, 19:30; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
humanitarian22
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptySat Sep 10 2011, 04:08

oh god, i just got a pm.
i can't even reply to the PM, i need a certain amount of posts.
kreiss97sp at msn dot com
Thanks mrhead2k
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptySat Sep 10 2011, 09:36

Welcome Willam,

You can post pictures if you use [img] codes, it's links you cannot post to start with to stop spammers. For details of how to do this see the adding pictures thread in the 'welcome' section.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
humanitarian22
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptySat Sep 10 2011, 19:31

pics are up. its the best i could do being a noob. please help and offer suggestions.
Thanks
BK

kreiss97sp at msn dot com
Back to top Go down
humanitarian22
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptySat Sep 10 2011, 21:07

sports authority is allowing me an exchange!!!
I can't believe it. On a customized product! Hopefully they can get this one right. Im keeping my fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptySat Sep 10 2011, 23:51

Wow, that's really bad. I'm glad they are letting you exchange it.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptySat Sep 10 2011, 23:55

Jeez I can see why you are not happy with that. That is some seriously shoddy work. They should be ashamed!
Back to top Go down
humanitarian22
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptySun Sep 11 2011, 06:48

thanks guys. i knew i wasn't insane.
WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED here???
I wish i could be telling you i'm lying.
This has been a bad dream, a nightmare.
I have seen better fakes on ebay.
Granted, I did use a FLASH on the camera, so it comes out looking teal with the flash, it is green though. Saying that however, the 7 from the mikell has a flash, and its still NORMAL.
The white linen fabric on the back of the numbers, the color, the reflective nature of the twill. What a disgrace.
Is the second one going to be like this???
It said made in vietnam, my 3 good eagle jerseys are made in korea.
I told the SA rep to please add notes on what was wrong and what i want.

my final guess is,
THIS is reebok's LAST year, they might NOT care.

Any other advice, anyone have contact info for reebok? SOMEONE has to OWN up to this!!

Thanks a lot guys

William K
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptySun Sep 11 2011, 19:55

They tend to outsource the custom jobs to places like Stahls or EPS. i've heard that Stahls have been pretty patchy lately, wouldn't be surprised if this was one of theirs.
Back to top Go down
humanitarian22
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptyMon Sep 12 2011, 00:50

what is stahls and eps? much appreciated again! I need to give reebok an earfull!!
thanks again for your help.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptyMon Sep 12 2011, 01:02

humanitarian22 wrote:
what is stahls and eps? much appreciated again! I need to give reebok an earfull!!

They are companies that apply the twill numbers, eps stands for exclusive pro sports. They used to do custom work for individuals before the NFL stopped after market customisation. Outlets that offer custom jerseys tend to have blanks in stock that they then send on to one of these two, Reebok has nothing to do with it after the blank is sold generally.
Back to top Go down
humanitarian22
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptyMon Sep 12 2011, 06:45

do you think the second one i am getting in the exchange will be better?
I am getting REALLY REALLY nervous. I don't know how many time i can exchange it.
I am thinking this will end in me selling it on ebay for a loss, and buying the one i want at the eagles pro shop. which will end up costing me $400 when all is said and done!! But at this point, i don't think i'd mind dropping $400 on a jersey that is perfect and will be my gametime jersey for the next 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptyMon Sep 12 2011, 08:30

If I was running a business and customers were returning $259 jerseys then I'd be spitting feathers and making sure that things were done properly. You can only wait and see how the next one turns out, I'd it's shoddy then I'd demand a refund, but I know there are rules on custom jerseys.
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptyTue Sep 13 2011, 00:56

humanitarian22 wrote:

Stahls and Exclusive Pro Sports (EPS) are companies that are by MLB/NFL (and others) to used to create custom jerseys. I don't know much about Stahls, but Exclusive Pro is based in Illinois, and they do excellent work.

Back to top Go down
humanitarian22
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptyTue Sep 13 2011, 23:36

Welp...
Plot thickens,
Just got off the phone with Reebok/Adidas.
The lady's first question was...
"Well what would you like us to do about it?"
That threw me aghast for a second. LOL. I then began my assault on these jackasses.
I told the Rep, LISTEN, its your company emblem branded on the Jersey?
Wheres your quality control?
She began to told me, "BLAH BLAH BLAH, we sell the blanks, we don't have anything to do with it.
We've seen bad customized work. We know. She said i was lucky SA was offering me an exchange, they tend NOT to care, she said she has to get on those company's about the quality control. They get A LOT of complaints with customized work."
I told her, if i wasn't an informed customer, if I didnt realize that SA had nothing to do with this order, if i didn't know that the customized work was outsourced, Reebok would be to blame, cus the logo is on the jersey in 4 spots. I told her this shoddy work doesn't make you look good to the general public.
She wanted all my order info, and she was sending my claim up the ladder.
I said please do, because if the exchange comes back the same way, I haven't even begun to complain. 10 years and thousands of dollars of business, there not getting off the hook that easily.

Damn, I tell ya! The war has just begun.

BK

more to come...
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptyTue Sep 13 2011, 23:43

Good for you Bill, remember though that Reebok has lost the exclusive rights to the NFL. Nike takes over jerseys from next year. Reebok lost the licence because of crap like this and their, frankly, scandalous ineptitude in handling the fake trade. I can see Reebok just washing their hands of customer complaints.
Back to top Go down
humanitarian22
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptyTue Sep 20 2011, 23:07

Thank God for sports authority. There the only one's taking care of me.
Sent back their jersey today via ups. Had a S A agent contact me from level 2 escalation.
He is going to send an email directly to stahls and make sure there's not a problem over there.
He is also going to keep in touch with me until i get the new one. I will keep everyone updated and make sure i get sent what was supposed to get sent to me.
Thanks again
BK
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptyWed Sep 21 2011, 00:10

At least S A are stepping up for you. I knew it would be Stahls work.
Back to top Go down
humanitarian22
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptyTue Oct 04 2011, 21:54

Well, received the new jersey yesterday, and while its not perfect, its A LOT better.
Eagles green first layer on numbers is still off, but im happy because its a lot better than the first one. A deeper green, thinner numbers, and no white linen underneath.
Since there are NO alternatives i have to stick with this one.
I went to the pro shop the last two eagles games and even those jerseys are OFF color wise.
Its a NO-WIN situation for me.
I can't return it and get it from another place because there is no alternative.
Unfortunately in the last year of the reebok contract, it looks like a who cares year.
REEBOK themselves doesn't care one bit!
SO PLEASE be careful if your ordering a jersey this year.

ON A SIDE NOTE,
once nike takes over, reebok jerseys should be sold at a HUGE discount. Whether its on official websites, like SA or dicks, or maybe they sell them to big name sellers on ebay/and or clothing discounters like tj maxx and marshalls.
And let me tell you this, IF those artist renditions of the new nike jersey resemble anything like the finished product, im stockin up on the reeboks, CUS THOSE NEW NIKE JERSEYS ARE HORRENDOUS.

Anyways, thanks for everyones help, i couldn't have don't it without you. It felt really good dropping the Stahls/EPS names on the SA customer service reps. It was like i was an insider and knew all the information the general public is never supposed to know!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP EmptyTue Oct 04 2011, 23:16

I'm glad that this one is better, but it's a shame that it's not perfect. Glad to have helped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP   quality - $259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP Empty

Back to top Go down

$259.99 for THIS?!?!? Wheres quality control????? HELP
Page 1 of 1