NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required Empty
PostSubject: Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required   Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required EmptyMon Sep 12 2011, 15:34

As I'm always looking to expand my Ravens jersey collection I'm wondering if anyone has seen this badge on a Ravens jersey.

Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required Kgrhqeokpie4j5kdhbopldy

I appreciate that jerseys sold with badges are, on the large, fakes. Just have never seen this before and wondering if this could be authentic.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. This photo was taken from a jersey that is 100% fake. Just using this image as it's the best quality image I could find. Believe it may be on a jersey that's authentic ((hopefully) waiting on further pics from the seller).

Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required   Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required EmptyTue Sep 13 2011, 00:48

Gettyimages.com. I think that Billsfan has that in his references list, and it's the best resource for game photos I've ever come across.

Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required BR_BadgeWhiteNot a Jersey But Badge Help Required BR_BadgePurple

I did not look through all 2600 results for "Baltimore Ravens" from 2005, but there are a couple of images with the bade in question.
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required   Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required EmptyTue Sep 13 2011, 00:50

Thanks for that fella!

My main question was if anyone knew if authentic jerseys would be sold with this on them. I've come across a jersey on eBay I'd like to purchase but have a hunch it may be fake due to this.
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required   Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required EmptyWed Sep 14 2011, 04:19

Authentic jerseys are not sold with patches on them. The only exceptions are Mitchell and Ness jerseys. I put patches on my authentic jerseys, so just because it's on there does not mean it's fake. Maybe you can link us to the auction so we can tell for sure.
Back to top Go down
Owenny
Probowler
Probowler
Owenny

PostSubject: Re: Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required   Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required EmptyWed Sep 14 2011, 11:46

Pretty sure it's a fake, but here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230671619566&category=206&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_500wt_1287
Back to top Go down
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required   Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required EmptyWed Sep 14 2011, 15:03

yep, fake
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required   Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required EmptyWed Sep 14 2011, 18:49

The only jerseys that come with anniversary patches are the 50th AFL jerseys. Single team anniversarys are not supported by Reebok. So any that come with the patch, that have not been added after market, will be a fake.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required   Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required EmptyWed Sep 14 2011, 21:16

I'm sorry if I misenterpreted the question.

The real issue is did the Ravens sell a licensed 10th anniversary badge? I know that MLB teams sell those patches, but I haven't seen the Patriots do it, so it may not be common in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required   Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required EmptyWed Sep 14 2011, 23:08

Willabee and Ward have the licence to produce anniversary patches for the NFL.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Chris2k
Chris2k

PostSubject: Re: Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required   Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required EmptyThu Sep 15 2011, 04:14

jigokusabre wrote:
I'm sorry if I misenterpreted the question.

The real issue is did the Ravens sell a licensed 10th anniversary badge? I know that MLB teams sell those patches, but I haven't seen the Patriots do it, so it may not be common in the NFL.

Yes they did, it's no longer available though. But this eBay seller has one. I get my patches from him, this is 100% legit. They do have the hard plastic backing on them, but it's easy to remove when heated. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALTIMORE-RAVENS-10TH-ANNIVERSARY-JERSEY-PATCH-2005-/220444919903?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item33538a885f
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required   Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required Empty

Back to top Go down

Not a Jersey But Badge Help Required
Page 1 of 1