NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does the number of stars on the NFL Logo matter?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SparkingConduit

Does the number of stars on the NFL Logo matter? Empty
PostSubject: Does the number of stars on the NFL Logo matter?   Does the number of stars on the NFL Logo matter? EmptyMon Apr 16 2012, 05:17

I've always wondered this. After buying my first jersey, which was an obvious fake, I have always stuck with the NFL Shop for my purchases. Yes, even at $259.99 apiece. Not cheap, these bad boys.

Anyway, I only wondered because of something that happened to me with a recent eBay listing. I'm looking to buy one of the new Nike NFL jerseys, so I decided to try and sell my authentic Vick and Jackson (Desean) jerseys to raise money in order to afford one of the Nike jerseys. One of the buyers asked me a question about the jerseys that gave me some pause. He asked, "Does the tag say Reebok or RBK and how many stars does the NFL logo have?" To be honest, I'm curious about this latter question: does the number of stars actually give away whether a jersey is real or fake? It seems like jerseys have either 8 or 14 (13?) stars on the NFL logo, but that this doesn't seem to be consistent across fakes or reals. My two jerseys have 8 stars on the NFL logo themselves. I just wonder, though, if maybe this guy was fishing for a different answer? Either way, it seems really strange to ask that kind of question. Am I wrong and should NFL logos only have a certain number of stars, or does it indeed vary?
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

PostSubject: Re: Does the number of stars on the NFL Logo matter?   Does the number of stars on the NFL Logo matter? EmptyMon Apr 16 2012, 08:12

It doesnt give away if its fake, it tells you the year. In 2008 the NFL changed their logo from 14 stars to 8. I suppose you could find out if its a fake/custom that way. EG if you found a Gronkowski patriots jersey with 14 stars odds are it used to be another player, a blank or a bad fake. Same goes for the jocktag, they changed them over the years so you can pick out fakes that way. Hope that helps dude Smile
Back to top Go down
SparkingConduit

PostSubject: Re: Does the number of stars on the NFL Logo matter?   Does the number of stars on the NFL Logo matter? EmptyMon Apr 16 2012, 19:33

Excellent, thanks. I relayed this information to my buyer, who is now assured my jerseys are real. Damn those fakes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does the number of stars on the NFL Logo matter?   Does the number of stars on the NFL Logo matter? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does the number of stars on the NFL Logo matter?
Page 1 of 1