NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Howdy Y'all...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
3KEVINMACK4

Howdy Y'all... Empty
PostSubject: Howdy Y'all...   Howdy Y'all... EmptySat Feb 22 2014, 19:10

New to this forum, I am a lifelong Brownies fan from Toronto, Canada here hoping that maybe one or more of you could help me out with a jersey question. While out at a garage sale last weekend I picked up this Washington Redskins jersey & what caught my eye most were the tags/patches on it. They being the Wilson 'w' on one sleeve, the NFL collar crest & the Authentic Pro-line/Wilson patch on the hem. Now being more of a soccer jersey collector myself, I was just wondering might any of you know if these patches might be the real deal. If so, what might I have here? Hope I was not to long winded & hope that I did not break any rules asking this. Thanks, though. Cheers!!!

Howdy Y'all... Img_8914

Howdy Y'all... Img_8915

Howdy Y'all... Img_8916
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

Howdy Y'all... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy Y'all...   Howdy Y'all... EmptySat Feb 22 2014, 21:24

Welcome. The jersey is definitely legit. It is a retail authentic. The tag above the Wilson one was standard for the company that customized the NFL jerseys at the time. The numbers and name should all be made of a heavy vinyl material, rather than being sewn on.
Back to top Go down
3KEVINMACK4

Howdy Y'all... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy Y'all...   Howdy Y'all... EmptySat Feb 22 2014, 23:26

RJ3000 wrote:
Welcome. The jersey is definitely legit. It is a retail authentic. The tag above the Wilson one was standard for the company that customized the NFL jerseys at the time. The numbers and name should all be made of a heavy vinyl material, rather than being sewn on.

Wow, thanks for the welcome & knowledge, my friend. Yes, this one does indeed have the vinyl numbers & nameplate (J. Jacoby). However, neither are in mint condition. Rather being in good to very good shape. Hoping that it might be worth more than the under $10.00 I paid for it, but just curious what you might think. By the way, any idea how much that they would have cost brand new? Thanks, in advance. Have a great night. Cheers!!!
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

Howdy Y'all... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy Y'all...   Howdy Y'all... EmptySat Feb 22 2014, 23:48

The equivalent jerseys at the moment retail for $250 at the moment. Your jersey is from the early 90s, at which point I think they retailed for around $130 to $150.

Condition is everything, so depending on how bad condition the vinyl is, you may only be looking at around $50, max. You definitely did okay getting it under $10, but you won't be sitting on a goldmine anyway.
Back to top Go down
3KEVINMACK4

Howdy Y'all... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy Y'all...   Howdy Y'all... EmptySun Feb 23 2014, 00:10

RJ3000 wrote:
The equivalent jerseys at the moment retail for $250 at the moment. Your jersey is from the early 90s, at which point I think they retailed for around $130 to $150.

Condition is everything, so depending on how bad condition the vinyl is, you may only be looking at around $50, max. You definitely did okay getting it under $10, but you won't be sitting on a goldmine anyway.

Oh, damn. So you mean I will have to cancel my trip to Italy to see my beloved AC Milan?  Wink Seriously though, if I made $1.00 over what I paid for it then I would be happy. Just because it would be going to someone who really wanted it. Cheers, my friend. GO CANADA GO!!! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howdy Y'all... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy Y'all...   Howdy Y'all... Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy Y'all...
Page 1 of 1