NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Overdue Introduction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FalconsFan
Rookie
Rookie
FalconsFan

Overdue Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Overdue Introduction   Overdue Introduction EmptySat Aug 16 2014, 02:08

I joined a long time ago and didn't need to post anything until today so I haven't bothered to introduce myself. I'm an Atlanta Falcons fans as my username states but I'm a collector of lots of jerseys. When I found this site I really didn't think of myself as a collector until my wife pointed out that owning more than twenty jerseys is a little beyond casual interest. I just like to wear jerseys and I have one on more often than not, including right now as I write.

I've loved football jerseys since I was a kid and back then it was almost impossible to get authentic looking jerseys. My first real jersey was a Medalist Sand-Knit LA Rams jersey I ordered from an ad in the back of Football Digest magazine. I think it cost close to $80 dollars and that was a lot for a kid to save back then. I wasn't a Rams fan but I liked the way those jerseys looked so that's what I went with. The jersey looked great but it hung down to my knees so I didn't get to wear it much.

Flash-forward a lot of years and I saw a Jacksonville Jaguars Reebok Premier on clearance for $20 in a Reebok outlet store in St. Augustine, FL a couple of years ago and that's what got me started on NFL jerseys again. I have a couple of Falcons premiers and a couple Falcons authentics and mostly authentics for a number of other teams. I don't really care about specific players. I just buy jerseys I like and that I can get for less than $100, which means nearly all of them are Reeboks for players who now play for another team. I did pick up a Tebow Nike Limited and a Tebow Elite because they were significantly discounted.

I was fortunate that I found a great web site when I started buying NFL jerseys at http://www.thumper300zx.com/jersey/fake_vs_real.htm so I was able to educate myself. I didn't find this site until much later but it's great that you all have created this place. I've only been cheated once and I was pretty suspicious that I was buying a counterfeit when I did it but I decided to take the chance. I lost $30 but I gained a lot of knowledge by actually having a fake jersey in my hands and being able to see all the flaws.

In addition to the NFL jerseys I have several Atlanta Braves MLB authentics I've collected over the years. I had the older ones personalized at Exclusive Pro Sports a few years ago and I got a current Ivory jersey and an Aaron commemorative last year.

Finally, I have close to twenty rugby union jerseys from several national and provincial teams from the UK, Australia and New Zealand. I got hooked on rugby when I visited England in 2003 while the World Cup was being played down under. Thanks to DirecTV I can still catch the matches from across the world in the middle of the night and DVR for later.

So that's me in a nutshell. I don't post much but I keep up with what everyone else is saying.

Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Introduction   Overdue Introduction EmptySat Aug 16 2014, 17:54

Welcome aboard! I am also a collector of jerseys. Memorabilia as well, like balls, cleats, gloves, helmets, etc. My wife is probably a bit more onto me about my collection than yours is on you. I have well over 100 jerseys, most from football, many from baseball, a few from hockey. I have a few large plastic bins FULL of my stuff, until I can get the basement room all to myself to start displaying the stuff. I have about, I would say, 40-50 that need to be framed. Here, this is my collection.

http://timb69.wix.com/timb69

And all the goods:

http://timb69.wix.com/timb69#!cards-and-memorabilia/c1x9v

And speaking of Falcons, I have a SWEET autographed gamer/issue of Keith Brooking, AND just got this beauty in last week:

Overdue Introduction Img_4810

Overdue Introduction Img_4811

Overdue Introduction Img_4812
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Introduction   Overdue Introduction EmptySat Aug 16 2014, 17:56

Overdue Introduction Braves10

Overdue Introduction Braves11

Overdue Introduction Braves12

Overdue Introduction Braves13
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Introduction   Overdue Introduction EmptySat Aug 16 2014, 17:57

Overdue Introduction Img_2310

Overdue Introduction Img_2311
Back to top Go down
FalconsFan
Rookie
Rookie
FalconsFan

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Introduction   Overdue Introduction EmptyWed Aug 20 2014, 20:50

Very nice! Great stuff there. I'm going to show your website to my wife so she'll realize she has nothing to complain about  :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Introduction   Overdue Introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

Overdue Introduction
Page 1 of 1