NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
phildominator

Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate? Empty
PostSubject: Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate?   Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate? EmptyWed Feb 08 2017, 19:40

For a late 90s retail authentic NFL jersey by Wilson, this jersey has an Wilson jocktag I've never seen before and question it's legitimacy. In the picture below, it's got a golden "W" with red "Wilson". Odd to me, it shows "L" along with the 46 size. Seller is presenting this as a retail authentic with accurate-looking stitched name & numbers, but the jocktag makes me suspicious. Possibly a retail replica with screened name & numbers and someone stitched on name & numbers over?

I'm accustomed to the other Wilson jocktag with the gold & black oval.

Thanks for your help!

Suspicious Wilson jocktag
Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate? Screen%20Shot%202017-02-08%20at%2011.21.15%20AM

Typical Legitimate Wilson jocktag
Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate? Screen%20Shot%202017-02-08%20at%2011.21.03%20AM

Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate?   Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate? EmptyThu Feb 09 2017, 23:46

To be honest I've never seen that jock tag design for Wilson. It is interesting that it has both letter and number size codes. I suppose it could be a replica, rather than an authentic.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
phildominator

PostSubject: Re: Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate?   Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate? EmptyMon Feb 13 2017, 16:55

Thanks. I decided to stay away from it.

I'm in the belief it's an official replica (with screen printed everything) and customized with tackle twill.

Not to say it's a bad jersey - essentially the same as a blank shell customized legitimately - but I think this jersey would only have single-layer shoulder material.
Back to top Go down
victory20g
Rookie
Rookie
victory20g

PostSubject: Re: Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate?   Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate? EmptyMon Mar 20 2017, 05:59

That is a Wilson retail replica tag, I believe this was a step down version of the proline model. Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate?   Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate? Empty

Back to top Go down

Different NFL Wilson Jocktag - Both Legitimate?
Page 1 of 1