NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP!

Go down 
3 posters

Are you enjoying the World cup?
Yes
World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! Vote_lcap43%World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
No
World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! Vote_lcap57%World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! Vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Couldn't care less
World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! Vote_lcap0%World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! Empty
PostSubject: World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP!   World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! EmptySat Jun 19 2010, 20:54

As most of you may know, I'm a bit of a NFL buff and don't really claim to know all that much about the so called 'beautiful game'. I am patriotic though and was disappointed with England's 1-1 draw with the USA. But I was stunned by the 0-0 draw with Algeria on Friday. I normally enjoy the World cup as there is more urgency to win and not draw.

But apart from England's dismal performance up to now and those annoying horns which constant drone just drives me nuts, this World cup has just been, well....dull.
Ok I enjoyed the Mexican's beating the French and it's always good to see the favourites lose but other than that it's been a bit of a disappointment.

Roll on the start of the NFL season I say.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
finfan1uk
Probowler
Probowler
finfan1uk

PostSubject: Re: World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP!   World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! EmptySat Jun 19 2010, 23:10

Have to say Im in the same boat as you. I usualy enjoy the european and world cup games but overall its been pretty dull.
The quality of play all round seems to be pretty poor and amaturish to be honest.

As for England i just dont understand the problem, it seems like anytime these players are in a european or world cup game they just stop playing the same way they play for their clubs, almost like they over think the game or something.
To be honest i think the FA need to scrap the whole team and start looking for players in lower clubs/divisions and start selecting in terms of how well players will gell as a team rather than on individual skill.

Just my armchair quaterbacking (just to slip an nfl term in somewhere!)
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP!   World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! EmptySun Jun 27 2010, 23:41

Oh boy, what's with a multi billion pound sport that doesn't use technology available to them to stop poor refereeing? OK so England lost 4-2 (yes it should be 2), but the Mexicans were also at the mercy of blind linesmen too. And I wonder why I only watch soccer once every 4 years.

Shame on FIFA. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
AllAmericanSports

PostSubject: Re: World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP!   World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 10:49

After watching a display like that, what can you really say? Whether it be 4-1 or 4-2 you dont really mind if they even give the impression that they are playing as representatives of England and give a good account of themselves.

Every team has been the victim of bad decisions including the Germans and Mexicans (mind you I have to say that ref shoulda gone to specsavers!) But the performance they put in was awful (though not as bad as against Algeria!)

Goalline technology is definately needed (dont get that kinda problem in the NFL of course, as they have some common sense!)

Stevie G as a Left Winger??? I think not! Half fit Wayne Rooney (No goals for England in ages) "the roaring Lion"? I think not!! More like Bagpuss!!!
I could go on, but you get the idea.

Bye Bye Fabio!!! clown
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP!   World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! EmptyTue Jun 29 2010, 23:09

So I've worked out why, I don't get excited about soccer. I watched the Spain Portugal game tonight expecting a good game as these are two of the better teams in the competition. What I saw was a dull knockabout, resulting in a 1-0 win for Spain. Now if it was the Colts and Patriots, for example, two good teams then you'd be in for a good game, in fact all the NFL teams can give you a good game every Sunday.

That's why I love football. Roll on the start of the season, save me from dull competitions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP!   World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP! Empty

Back to top Go down

World cup, is it any good. Soccer on NJFP!
Page 1 of 1