NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PatsFan58

Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  Empty
PostSubject: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptyThu Aug 19 2010, 21:51

Hi UK NFL Fans,

I recently bought this randy moss authentic jersey off of ebay for close to $100. The seller emphasized and guaranteed it to be 100% authentic (as it was supposedly bought off nfl.com) or the buyer would get 125% back. From my knowledge, I believe it is real, as it fits all of the guidelines for a true authentic. The jock tags seem correct, the stiching looks good, etc. Based on these photos, can you confirm this. Thanks.

Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  Th_P1010101
Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  Th_P1010102
Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  Th_P1010098
Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  Th_P1010095
Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  Th_P1010092
Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  Th_P1010109
Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  Th_P1010107
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptyThu Aug 19 2010, 23:02

Welcome Patsfan58.

On first look the numbers worried me, they look a little bubbly, but the collar badge looks fine and the jocktag is good too. The Pats logo looks to be ok also so taking that into account I'd be happy to say it's genuine.
Who was the seller? I'd like to see if they are selling any others, it's always good to compare the others being sold as they can be revealing.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
PatsFan58

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptyFri Aug 20 2010, 00:43

Thanks for the welcome and advice Billsfan. I feel better about my purchase now that it has been seen by a real jersey expert! Under the right light, the numbers do seem a bit bubbly, but once they are felt the thick heavy stiching and flat like appearance seems a little more obvious. One of the reasons whey I bought the jersey from this seller was that it was his only jersey he was selling, which lead me to believe that it really was purchased from the nfl shop and not another mass produced fake. If anyone else has opinions on the jersey, please comment.

Here is the link to the ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RANDY-MOSS-AUTHENTIC-JERSEY-PATRIOTS-SIZE-50-/220651143401?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop
Back to top Go down
PatsFan58

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptyFri Aug 20 2010, 00:46

One of the main concerns that I do have with the jersey is the place that if was manufactured. The tag on the collar says made in Vietnam. To my understanding, I thought the main manufacturing countries were South Korea and El Salvador. Can the jersey still be authentic if made in vietnam?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptyFri Aug 20 2010, 00:54

PatsFan58 wrote:
One of the main concerns that I do have with the jersey is the place that if was manufactured. The tag on the collar says made in Vietnam. To my understanding, I thought the main manufacturing countries were South Korea and El Salvador. Can the jersey still be authentic if made in vietnam?

Reebok is making the Authentic's in Vietnam, so that's fine.
Back to top Go down
PatsFan58

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptyMon Aug 23 2010, 02:04

Can anyone explain why the numbers do seem a little bit bubbly? I understand true authentics aren't always perfect but how common is it for authentics to have somewhat bubbly numbers?
Back to top Go down
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptyMon Aug 23 2010, 09:09

its a pre 2008 jersey so its probably down to how the jersey was stored ,a good steam Iron will have those numbers looking crisp again .
Back to top Go down
PatsFan58

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptyMon Aug 23 2010, 12:29

Really? How can you tell it's a pre 2008 jersey. According to the seller it was bought off NFL shop 4 months ago. Also, is it safe to iron the numbers as I thought you rarely ironed them. Sorry for the stupid questions I'm fairly new to buying and authenticating jerseys.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptyMon Aug 23 2010, 12:54

PatsFan58 wrote:
Really? How can you tell it's a pre 2008 jersey. According to the seller it was bought off NFL shop 4 months ago. Also, is it safe to iron the numbers as I thought you rarely ironed them. Sorry for the stupid questions I'm fairly new to buying and authenticating jerseys.

The NFL changed it's logo in 2008 to 8 stars, your jersey has a 2007 hemtag with the old multi starred logo. I've found that a genuine jersey's numbers can bubble slightly after numerous washes, certainly not to the extent of the horrendous fakes. I assume that the glue keeping the numbers flat degrades a little after washing. You can iron the numbers, I'd recommend using a steam iron as dub said and covering them with a damp clean tea towel, to offer extra protection from the iron.

And no questions are stupid mate, not asking them is though. Wink
Back to top Go down
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptyMon Aug 23 2010, 22:58

Before Ironing
Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  DSC01615

After ,mmmh crispy Laughing
Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  DSC01672
Back to top Go down
PatsFan58

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptyTue Aug 24 2010, 01:24

Oh wow... Those are some pretty evident changes due to ironing! Was that done using the technique billsfan mentioned, and was the entire jersey ironed? Thanks again you guys are awesome.

So if this jersey is a pre 2008 jersey, does it make sense that the jersey was supposedly bought from NFL shop 4 months ago? Do they keep them in stock for that long?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptyTue Aug 24 2010, 11:04

PatsFan58 wrote:
Oh wow... Those are some pretty evident changes due to ironing! Was that done using the technique billsfan mentioned, and was the entire jersey ironed? Thanks again you guys are awesome.

So if this jersey is a pre 2008 jersey, does it make sense that the jersey was supposedly bought from NFL shop 4 months ago? Do they keep them in stock for that long?

It's possible that the jersey has been kept in stock, you'll find that if it was customized by NFLshop then they do use blanks from previous years, so it is possible.
Back to top Go down
PatsFan58

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptySat Aug 28 2010, 20:26

Was the NFL making authentic jerseys in Vietnam in 2007? Basically I just want to be 100% sure that this jersey is genuine before I decide to keep it. Thanks for the help guys.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  EmptySat Aug 28 2010, 23:17

I'm sure they were. I'm certain the jersey is genuine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake    Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake  Empty

Back to top Go down

Patriots Jersey- Real or Fake
Page 1 of 1