NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. Empty
PostSubject: The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably.   The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. EmptyMon Sep 13 2010, 13:23

Fellow NJFPers I wanted to share with you, what I think is the best thing to happen to collecting. I've been waiting for it to go live before telling you all about it.

The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. CP1

Like most brilliant things it's simple, which appeals to my view of life and it's aimed at all of us who love to collect. Being a site dedicated to collecting jerseys, this is right up our street.

So what is it and how does it work? and how is it going to benefit us? Let me ask you this, why did I start this website in the first place? The answer is, because there are so many fakes out there in the market that it just makes my head spin and it's taken me years to get to the place where I know who I can trust to sell me what I want, a genuine authentic jersey! Now I know that all of you here feel the same or you wouldn't be here in the first place and we buy and sell between us as we are sure that what we are going to get is real. If only collectors proof had been around a few years ago.

What Collectorsproof allows us to do is to tag our jerseys with an individual unique tag. How does that benefit us? Well, once you sign up (for free) you can upload pictures and bio of your collection to their site. Here's what they say:

Collectors Proof allows users to store everything they own in one common database along with all of the information they provide about those items. We provide you with an identification code for anything and everything and you can do with it what you please. In addition, you can transfer items to and from your own personal collection with special claim codes we generate for you. These transfers of products are logged and what that means to you is that the item you are buying has a trail of ownership which you can use to see if it is from who the person says that it is. This process will assure you that you are buying an authentic object because, from its addition to the system, you can see every change to the item down to color, size, description, and so on.

Here's an example. My signed Aaron Schobel jersey came from NFL Auction, via another Bills fan, with a certificate of authenticity.

The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. Th_Picture066-2

Now, if I wanted to sell it to one of you then you'd be happy that's it's coming from me and you'd know it's real. But say you don't know me or my reputation. On collectors proof you can see where I have got the jersey from and the COA and the individual code will take you to the history of the jersey, so you can see the chain of custody from the NFL, to the 1st collector then to me. If you then wanted to sell it on, you'd be able to offer that chain of custody to the next purchaser and they'll be able to verify it's identity.

This has huge implications for the collecting world and for manufacturers too as I know Collectorsproof are talking to them as they can use the system too. Imagine NFL jerseys with individual codes that you can check to see if they have been owned before and by who. This could mean the end of holograms and other security features and will hit the counterfeiters hard.

If you are in a store looking at that jersey you've been after for ages, you check the Collectorsproof code on your smart phone and find it's already owned by someone else in the US. This can't be, so the jersey in your hand must be fake. You walk away and don't go back to that store.

Down the road you see that same jersey and check the code on this one. Collectorsproof tells you that the jersey came from Reebok, to the store and there's no private owner. This is the one, your holy grail, you buy it and tell Collectorsproof that you are now the proud owner. It's unique code is linked to you until you decide to sell it on, but you now have the easiest way to prove to prospective buyers that it is genuine.

AWESOME.

I cannot impress upon all you great fans of jersey collecting just how great this is and I urge you to sign up and get your collections on Collectorsproof.
http://www.collectorsproof.com/
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
AllAmericanSports

PostSubject: Re: The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably.   The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. EmptyMon Sep 13 2010, 13:38

Billsfan wrote:
Fellow NJFPers I wanted to share with you, what I think is the best thing to happen to collecting. I've been waiting for it to go live before telling you all about it.

The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. CP1

Like most brilliant things it's simple, which appeals to my view of life and it's aimed at all of us who love to collect. Being a site dedicated to collecting jerseys, this is right up our street.

So what is it and how does it work? and how is it going to benefit us? Let me ask you this, why did I start this website in the first place? The answer is, because there are so many fakes out there in the market that it just makes my head spin and it's taken me years to get to the place where I know who I can trust to sell me what I want, a genuine authentic jersey! Now I know that all of you here feel the same or you wouldn't be here in the first place and we buy and sell between us as we are sure that what we are going to get is real. If only collectors proof had been around a few years ago.

What Collectorsproof allows us to do is to tag our jerseys with an individual unique tag. How does that benefit us? Well, once you sign up (for free) you can upload pictures and bio of your collection to their site. Here's what they say:

Collectors Proof allows users to store everything they own in one common database along with all of the information they provide about those items. We provide you with an identification code for anything and everything and you can do with it what you please. In addition, you can transfer items to and from your own personal collection with special claim codes we generate for you. These transfers of products are logged and what that means to you is that the item you are buying has a trail of ownership which you can use to see if it is from who the person says that it is. This process will assure you that you are buying an authentic object because, from its addition to the system, you can see every change to the item down to color, size, description, and so on.

Here's an example. My signed Aaron Schobel jersey came from NFL Auction, via another Bills fan, with a certificate of authenticity.

The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. Th_Picture066-2

Now, if I wanted to sell it to one of you then you'd be happy that's it's coming from me and you'd know it's real. But say you don't know me or my reputation. On collectors proof you can see where I have got the jersey from and the COA and the individual code will take you to the history of the jersey, so you can see the chain of custody from the NFL, to the 1st collector then to me. If you then wanted to sell it on, you'd be able to offer that chain of custody to the next purchaser and they'll be able to verify it's identity.

This has huge implications for the collecting world and for manufacturers too as I know Collectorsproof are talking to them as they can use the system too. Imagine NFL jerseys with individual codes that you can check to see if they have been owned before and by who. This could mean the end of holograms and other security features and will hit the counterfeiters hard.

If you are in a store looking at that jersey you've been after for ages, you check the Collectorsproof code on your smart phone and find it's already owned by someone else in the US. This can't be, so the jersey in your hand must be fake. You walk away and don't go back to that store.

Down the road you see that same jersey and check the code on this one. Collectorsproof tells you that the jersey came from Reebok, to the store and there's no private owner. This is the one, your holy grail, you buy it and tell Collectorsproof that you are now the proud owner. It's unique code is linked to you until you decide to sell it on, but you now have the easiest way to prove to prospective buyers that it is genuine.

AWESOME.

I cannot impress upon all you great fans of jersey collecting just how great this is and I urge you to sign up and get your collections on Collectorsproof.
http://www.collectorsproof.com/

Tried to register but it wont accept my hotmail email address? Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably.   The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. EmptyMon Sep 13 2010, 13:39

Go in with your facebook login mate
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably.   The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. EmptyTue Sep 14 2010, 20:27

Bumping this so everyone sees it.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably.   The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. EmptyFri Sep 17 2010, 23:09

I've got some of my collection up, so go and check it out.

http://www.collectorsproof.com

Back to top Go down
CatsFan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
CatsFan

PostSubject: Re: The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably.   The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. EmptySat Jan 01 2011, 03:01

I LOVE Collectors Proof! cheers What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://catcraveradio.com
rmcc
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
rmcc

PostSubject: Re: The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably.   The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. EmptyFri Feb 03 2012, 16:38

Gronkowski brothers (GronkNation) have signed up with this & are putting CollectorsProof stickers on items from their website. (I just bought a mini football from their site & it has an ID on it.)
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably.   The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. EmptyFri Feb 03 2012, 16:45

rmcc wrote:
Gronkowski brothers (GronkNation) have signed up with this & are putting CollectorsProof stickers on items from their website. (I just bought a mini football from their site & it has an ID on it.)

If you need amy help in claiming the item on Collectorsproof then let me know, I have been working with them since they started and have the privilege of being the first member.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably.   The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably. Empty

Back to top Go down

The best thing to happen to collectors ever! probably.
Page 1 of 1