NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is This Thing Real?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

Is This Thing Real? Empty
PostSubject: Is This Thing Real?   Is This Thing Real? EmptyThu Aug 04 2011, 02:12

Not that I care too much, it's a signed jersey, but would like to know. Here are some pics:

Is This Thing Real? IMG_1229

Is This Thing Real? IMG_1232

Is This Thing Real? IMG_1233

Is This Thing Real? IMG_1234

Is This Thing Real? IMG_1236
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Is This Thing Real?   Is This Thing Real? EmptyThu Aug 04 2011, 02:35

Tim

I'm afraid it's fake - but it seems as though you expected that?

The main signs are on the shield and the jocktag.

(click on my thumbnails to enlarge)

Jocktag

Is This Thing Real? Th_P1000132

Compare it to this one from my Cushing Texans' authentic. Note the differences int he red and white player outline (this is always the easiest to tell). Mine has a slight curve on the upper leg - yours is flat, which is always a dead giveaway. You can see other differences in the player and the ball in the shield (i.e. the seam on the ball in yours isn't quite right), which just don't add up. Also note the stitching on the outline of yours is quite erratic.

Shield

Is This Thing Real? Th_P1000133

Notice the ball in my shield logo has the seam at an angle. It's also generally just cleaner, with no spaces between the red threads when compared to yours. Finally, and this is a really subtle difference, yours has white thread, whereas the shield logo is attached with clear thread for jerseys of that era.

Given the haul of Bills jerseys you have - if this is the only fake you have, you still have an amazing collection.

There is a helpful comparison of Reebok jocktags at the following thread, which is always useful for detailed comparison:

https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com/t179-reebok-authentic-jersey-hem-tag-timeline
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Is This Thing Real?   Is This Thing Real? EmptyThu Aug 04 2011, 19:15

I can't really add anything else, RJ has done a great job. Other giveaways are the stitches on the numbers which are too close together and don't look 'zig zag' and the AFL patch is poorly defined.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is This Thing Real?   Is This Thing Real? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is This Thing Real?
Page 1 of 1