NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is this one real?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BCady

Is this one real? Empty
PostSubject: Is this one real?   Is this one real? EmptyMon Jan 24 2011, 14:38

First off, thanks for setting up this great resource!!

Do you think this one is legit? The jock tag looks real, but I'm no expert......THANKS for you opinion!!

This is a Steelers Polamalu 3rd jersey with the 75th Anniversary patch on it.

Is this one real? Fi4lpm
Is this one real? Jr56je
Is this one real? 06q20q
Is this one real? Uiaxx6
Is this one real? Nfl87n
Is this one real? Cjcyco
Back to top Go down
BCady

Is this one real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this one real?   Is this one real? EmptyMon Jan 24 2011, 17:39

After looking and comparing to the great info here, I'm thinking I've got a fake. Reebok vector looks off, as well as footballs on equipment tag and neck tag. Jock tag looks really close to real to me though.

Glad I only paid $80 for it.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Is this one real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this one real?   Is this one real? EmptyMon Jan 24 2011, 21:14

Welcome to the forum, glad you are finding it useful. I have to agree with you, it does look like a counterfeit.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
markg
markg

Is this one real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this one real?   Is this one real? EmptyTue Jan 25 2011, 18:07

looks fake to me as i have 3 steelers authentic jerseys
Back to top Go down
BCady

Is this one real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this one real?   Is this one real? EmptyFri Jan 28 2011, 20:09

I must say, I went to the mall today and looked at an authentic. The footballs on the neck tag and equipment tag most certainly were not 'perfect' by any measure.

I'm glad they are changing to Nike. The reeboks are being so well counterfeited these days, the line between real and fake is becoming mighty blurry.
Back to top Go down
ProjectPat
Starter
Starter
ProjectPat

Is this one real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this one real?   Is this one real? EmptySat Jan 29 2011, 02:54

The Shield on the collar can't be "perfect." Its thread. But you can tell a lot of fakes by the thread they use to attach the shield to the collar: authentics are sewn with clear thread where fakes usually use white thread. Also, if you look at the tag on the inside of the collar. The fake looks terrible. These tags are usually very nice on the authentics as they are embroidered on a single layer of fabric, and the stitching and the football look way better than on the fakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is this one real? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this one real?   Is this one real? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this one real?
Page 1 of 1