NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today. Empty
PostSubject: I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today.   I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today. EmptySat Oct 30 2010, 20:22

I was lucky enough to be invited to a NfL fan forum, held in London at the Landmark hotel, Marylebone this morning. Commissioner Goodell answer questions from fans, covering a wide range of topics from the collective bargaining agreement to a question asked by a nine year old girl, ' Why don't the Detroit Lions win any games?' I feel this was prompted by her father who was wearing a nice Packers jersey.

I was lucky enough to ask the commissioner a question and I asked him what efforts the NFL were making to reduce the counterfeit products and why the price of the authentic jerseys were so high. Mr. Goodell said that he believed that counterfeiting could be reduced by offering a wider range of products and by making them more accessible. He believes that fans wanted to buy licenced products and that by making them easier for us to buy it would make it harder for the counterfeiters to operate.

Afterwoods I managed to speak to him briefly and gave him a business card, he said that he would get someone to contact me, I shall wait and see.

It was a great experience and I couldn't see any other head of a sport doing the same thing. It certainly makes the NFL feel more accessible.

I also met some really great fans and went along to Trafalgar Square for the NFL fan rally, which was well attended and had 5 Lombardi trophies and 5 superbowl rings on display which was very cool. I only had the camera on my phone with me, so the pictures aren't great but I'll post them once I get them off the phone.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today.   I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today. EmptySun Oct 31 2010, 10:02

I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today. P301010_1224 I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today. P301010_1127 I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today. P301010_1354 I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today. P301010_1355
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today.   I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today. EmptySun Oct 31 2010, 14:32

Excellent, well done! cheers
Back to top Go down
Hekler21
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today.   I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today. EmptyMon Nov 01 2010, 15:45

Si, I was also at the fans forum, (i was sat a row in front of you in a fins ricky williams jersey (you pictured my pal's ear in the pennington jersey!).

Although i thought the sommish came across really well and had decent answers for most tricky subjects that we're brought up, i didn't think he nailed it for your question.

He claimed availability was the issue and would beat the fakers but as you said its also about cost.

That said it was an amazing opportunity, and the rally was awesome, especially after the vernon davis thing!!

Cheers, Si.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today.   I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today. EmptyMon Nov 01 2010, 21:01

Hekler21 wrote:
Si, I was also at the fans forum, (i was sat a row in front of you in a fins ricky williams jersey (you pictured my pal's ear in the pennington jersey!).

Although i thought the sommish came across really well and had decent answers for most tricky subjects that we're brought up, i didn't think he nailed it for your question.

He claimed availability was the issue and would beat the fakers but as you said its also about cost.

That said it was an amazing opportunity, and the rally was awesome, especially after the vernon davis thing!!

Cheers, Si.

I should have posted before, about attending, but things have been all over the place lately, with work and ill relatives. I would have liked a more comprehensive answer but I didn't expect more as I bet he didn't expect a question about counterfeiting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today.   I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today. Empty

Back to top Go down

I met the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell today.
Page 1 of 1