NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 00:16

Billsfan, I need some help here. I have been into buying vintage Bills jerseys, of established players. My question is, is what years were the uniforms made by Sand Knit? And what is a legit looking Sand Knit jock tag? Like this? And did the jerseys have screened on numbers, or stitched? I would LOVE to have a database of all this information.

Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! 481626197_o

Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 00:33

Hey Tim,

Sand knit made jerseys for a decade, 1980-90. All their tags were pretty similar throughout the period. The Bills were the last team to go to twill numbers in 2002, using painted, screened or vinyl numbers.

As far as i know there is no full history of the materials used only jersey styles. Perhaps one day i'll get around to makingna stab at it.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 00:37

I have been hoping someone would make a Bill Henderson-esque guide for NFL jerseys. I'd certainly buy a copy.
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 00:37

Does that jock tag look legit? And on that jersey, the numbers are tackle twill.

Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! 481626206_o
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 00:44

Yes the jock tag is legit. Looking at your picture those numbers look original. I forgot to say i was talking about the game worn jerseys. When this jersey was made there was no large scale counterfeiting as everything was made in the US by various companies.

Back in this time period the teams sorted out their own merchandising, the good old days before Reeboks monopoly. I suspect that twill was used occasionally, but i don't have any research to back this up.
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 00:49

You wouldn't have a list or a resource, to know what years the Bills wore what brand jersey's? Like when they used Sand Knit, Puma, Reebok, etc? That will help out tremendously!

Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 00:51

This to me, looks like it was player issued, by the location of the tags, you think?

Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! $%28KGrHqEOKn%21E5tQrI1CBBOjQwjeqVg%7E%7E60_12
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 00:58

I haven't got any timeline, but i will get onto it tomorrow for you. As to the jersey being a team issue, i'm not sure as Ssand Knit didn't really use different tags so it's hard to tell.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 01:06

Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 01:10

Nice thanks. Seen a Wilson with the gold W and thought it was a fake.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 01:18

Try this:

http://www.jerseycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6830&p=131502&hilit=sand+knit#p131502

I stumbled across this guide a couple of months ago and was pretty impressed by the coverage.

Hopefully it may answer some of your questions.
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 02:38

Sweet, thanks!
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 16:30

Just bought this Cornelius Bennett jersey last night Smile

Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! Bennet11

Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! Bennet12
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 17:09

Just bought that Shane Conlan Sand Knit off ebay!!! Can't wait to get it!

Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! Shane_10

Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! Shane_11
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyFri Oct 14 2011, 18:09

Dude you,re building up a great vintage collection there. Well done.
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptySat Oct 15 2011, 23:14

Yeah man, LOVIN' IT! I figured the Bills of the past are already well known, and solidified in the Buffalo Bills HOF, so I'll start getting more of the old school jerseys Smile
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyTue Oct 18 2011, 19:19

Yeah, well, got them both in yesterday. Both are TOO SMALL. The Conlan is tight, and the Bennett, well, fuhgettaboutit! I am going to, however, take the Conlan to a tailor, and have them split the sides and sew in some white spandex, to make it bigger and fit. Not sure if I'll do that with the Bennett though.
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyWed Oct 19 2011, 19:27

Well, I took the Conlan jersey into the tailors to get altered. They are going to make it so I can actually wear it. They're going to add material to the sides (like the spandex on the authentics) and I hop it comes out okay. Also having my Posluszny XL premium jersey taken in to make it a large...
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! EmptyWed Oct 19 2011, 21:32

That sounds good, keep us informed how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!   Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Buffalo Bills Jersey Histor - HELP!!!
Page 1 of 1