NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I have questions about two sellers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.rsime
Rookie
Rookie

I have questions about two sellers Empty
PostSubject: I have questions about two sellers   I have questions about two sellers EmptyFri Dec 09 2011, 02:36

I'm in the market for old Starter Jet Jerseys. Big fan of the Martin's, Chrebet's and Keyshawn's. There are two sellers who have what i'm looking for but i would love your opinions on them.
The first is jersey-hoarders and the other is theclothingjoint. I also wonder if there is any way for me to tell a real starter from a fake.
Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: I have questions about two sellers   I have questions about two sellers EmptyFri Dec 09 2011, 04:26

I couldn't see any Starters listed in the first seller listing. Anyway, Starters were never faked, so you're safe buying them. A lot of collectors think they were the best quality of authentics which were made. They're definitely up there, in my opinion, along with 2001 Reeboks.

Incidentally, the Jets Starter which was listed by the second seller is a replica. The authentic starters had predominantly white jock tags, with blue and red writing. The replicas were navy blue and white. Check The Pats Johnson (authentic) Starter I have for comparison:

https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com/t2240-20-nfl-authentics-for-sale-free-uk-shipping-over-xmas

The Johnson is for sale, but it's probably safe to assume that a Jets fan wouldn't be especially interested...?

Here's my 2001 Chrebet (definitely NOT for sale):

I have questions about two sellers P1000292
I have questions about two sellers P1000293

Back to top Go down
mr.rsime
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: I have questions about two sellers   I have questions about two sellers EmptyFri Dec 09 2011, 05:22

LOL. No one wants to let go of the Chrebet jersey. But i find the white one nearly impossible to find. It's almost as if he never played an away game. I knew those were replicas. At those prices, i don't mind. Hey, when he was here, it was good. Once the chrebet altercation happened, smh. Now that walker, I know the the M&N's run big. What are the measurements on that beauty? (armpit to armpit)
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: I have questions about two sellers   I have questions about two sellers EmptyFri Dec 09 2011, 05:30

Off the top of my head, it's about 26 inches - maybe 25.5. It basically fits like a current Reebok 52. I guess it depends how you like to wear your jerseys. Personally, I wear a mix and therefore anything from 46-50. The vintage jerseys were also obviously meant to be worn tighter, but it comes down to personal taste. If you're specifically after the equivalent of a Reebok 54, this will be too small.

Let me know if you're interested, or want any more details.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have questions about two sellers   I have questions about two sellers Empty

Back to top Go down

I have questions about two sellers
Page 1 of 1