NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is Football big over there?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jhamika

Jhamika

Is Football big over there? Empty
PostSubject: Is Football big over there?   Is Football big over there? EmptyWed Feb 08 2012, 09:04

Having been on this forum for about 3 weeks now, I have noticed many of you are from England. Now I am a HUGE fan of the Premier League and I am following many English footballers on twitter and they always seem to be criticizing NFL for being boring and why they called it "football" when it's really not. Now the real question is, are there a lot of NFL fans in the UK?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: Is Football big over there?   Is Football big over there? EmptyWed Feb 08 2012, 09:39

Hell yeah, the NFl is HUGE over here in the UK! The first game i ever see on TV was the '85 bears winning the Superbowl and ive been hooked ever since! College football is also very big! The UK also has a very successful amateur league which i played in for a few years! tongue
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Is Football big over there?   Is Football big over there? EmptyWed Feb 08 2012, 11:00

The NFL is growing in popularity in the UK year on year, I would say its the fastest growing sport here. The international games at Wembley have had crowds of over 80,000 each year and there are many universities now taking up the sport. I have been a fan since the early 80's and have converted many of my friends to the game.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Jhamika

Jhamika

PostSubject: Re: Is Football big over there?   Is Football big over there? EmptyThu Feb 09 2012, 00:56

I am very happy to hear this! Also, I just want to say that Football/Soccer is becoming bigger and bigger over here now.
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Is Football big over there?   Is Football big over there? EmptyThu Feb 09 2012, 04:38

Billsfan wrote:
The NFL is growing in popularity in the UK year on year, I would say its the fastest growing sport here. The international games at Wembley have had crowds of over 80,000 each year and there are many universities now taking up the sport. I have been a fan since the early 80's and have converted many of my friends to the game.

Were you a London Monarchs fan?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: Is Football big over there?   Is Football big over there? EmptyThu Feb 09 2012, 08:34

I used to go and watch the Monarchs all the time, although I was always a Scottish Claymores fan! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Is Football big over there?   Is Football big over there? EmptyThu Feb 09 2012, 13:47

jigokusabre wrote:
Billsfan wrote:

Were you a London Monarchs fan?

Yes, I went to loads of Monarchs games, in fact I bought a game worn Monarchs jersey recently, which seems to be taking a age to get here from the US.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Football big over there?   Is Football big over there? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Football big over there?
Page 1 of 1