NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How'd you get into football?

Go down 
+2
Hawk37
Billsfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

How'd you get into football? Empty
PostSubject: How'd you get into football?   How'd you get into football? EmptySat Aug 30 2008, 23:08

I wanna know how you got into American football. Share here your stories that brought the greatest show on turf into your life.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: How'd you get into football?   How'd you get into football? EmptySun Aug 31 2008, 06:21

You first
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: How'd you get into football?   How'd you get into football? EmptySun Aug 31 2008, 10:27

Ok then, I remember one rainy Saturday afternoon back in the early 80's the footie was cancelled and Grandstand had to fill the space, they decided to show what those funny Americans called football. I remember the Bengals were one of the team, I don't recallthe other. I sat there thinking what the hell is this, rugby with hats on, then a long pass was thrown and the Bengals scored a touchdown..I was completely hooked.

Channel 4 started showing games late night and I went to school the next day completely knackered. The Bears became the monsters of the Midway with a fridge and the rest is history. We used to turn rugby games at school into football games when the teacher wasn't looking, we had no idea what the rules were but doesn't it make sense to throw the ball forward and not back?

I became a Bills fan after seeing Fred Smerlas, perfectly time the snap count, jump over the center and sack the QB without the rest of the OLine moving. That was 20 odd years ago.

Last edited by Billsfan on Sun Aug 31 2008, 22:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
markg
markg

PostSubject: Re: How'd you get into football?   How'd you get into football? EmptySun Aug 31 2008, 10:42

mine was watching the first i think of channel 4`s coverage superbowl finals between the 49ers and the dolphins which eventually went to montana`s 49ers from then hooked ever since
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: How'd you get into football?   How'd you get into football? EmptySun Aug 31 2008, 13:26

My mate got me into american football well i sort of questioned him about it in tech class (he played for a team and everything and was in into it about 10) he used to write down plays on the back of his jotter , told me the best play ever lol was get two recivers to run 10 then slant in then slant out so the cbs will crash into each other haha.I then started watching a bit of it on TV and kept talking to him about it , I know that i know a hell lot more than he does for a person who has only picked it up 3 years ago i know quite a bit i would say. As for the Seahawks as my team the colour blue was like my football team Glasgow Rangers (..well a darker blue) I liked everything about the Seahawks the team thats the furthest away rainy seattle just like glasgow , The logo looked awesome loved the jerseys . Loved Mack Strong , Alexander , Hass . Holmgren shouting at the refs call was also funny too . One thing that really made me choose seahawks was .................................

THE 12TH MAN

How'd you get into football? 610x
Back to top Go down
Patriots Fan
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Patriots Fan

PostSubject: Re: How'd you get into football?   How'd you get into football? EmptySun Aug 31 2008, 14:07

for me it was a deion sanders interview years ago when he was a falcon i cant remember what channel it was on or what programme it was they were showing clips of plays he made as they were interviewing him interceptions and punt returns etc and i thought to myself this looks ok and ive been hooked ever since.why the patriots?.i was a raider but when they moved to oakland it just did not seem the same strange as that may sound.being a big boston celtics fan the patriots seemed the most obvious choice
Back to top Go down
danevaliant
danevaliant

PostSubject: Re: How'd you get into football?   How'd you get into football? EmptySun Aug 31 2008, 17:48

Firstly through playing Madden 95 and Mutant League Football on the Megadrive when I was 10. I sort of pieced together the rules as I went along. Then my mum got me loads of 80's NFL books from a charity shop and by the time I was 12 I'd bought my first jersey (a Bledsoe Pats jersey).

I'm still yet to play American Football for real though, but I reckon my one-pack and lac of fitness has put an end to that.
Back to top Go down
RedskinsNo.1
Starter
Starter
RedskinsNo.1

PostSubject: Re: How'd you get into football?   How'd you get into football? EmptySun Aug 31 2008, 19:18

First got into it when my dad was watching the AFC Championship game between the Raiders and Titans in 2002 i think it was.

Liked what i saw and then watched Superbowl 37 which got me hooked. I almost became a Raiders fan after those two games until my dad introduced me to the Skins and i havent looked back since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk
markg
markg

PostSubject: Re: How'd you get into football?   How'd you get into football? EmptySun Aug 31 2008, 22:06

dino26 wrote:
My mate got me into american football well i sort of questioned him about it in tech class (he played for a team and everything and was in into it about 10) he used to write down plays on the back of his jotter , told me the best play ever lol was get two recivers to run 10 then slant in then slant out so the cbs will crash into each other haha.I then started watching a bit of it on TV and kept talking to him about it , I know that i know a hell lot more than he does for a person who has only picked it up 3 years ago i know quite a bit i would say. As for the Seahawks as my team the colour blue was like my football team Glasgow Rangers (..well a darker blue) I liked everything about the Seahawks the team thats the furthest away rainy seattle just like glasgow , The logo looked awesome loved the jerseys . Loved Mack Strong , Alexander , Hass . Holmgren shouting at the refs call was also funny too . One thing that really made me choose seahawks was .................................

THE 12TH MAN

How'd you get into football? 610x

nice win today dino 4-2 against our hated rivals cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How'd you get into football?   How'd you get into football? Empty

Back to top Go down

How'd you get into football?
Page 1 of 1