NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manning signs for Denver

Go down 
+5
Billsfan
Hawk37
titansman
Mr_Raider
RJ3000
9 posters
AuthorMessage
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

Manning signs for Denver Empty
PostSubject: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyMon Mar 19 2012, 22:08

The long wait is finally over: Peyton Manning is going to be a Bronco. Denver went 8-8 last season and won a playoff game without Manning at quarterback. Does the veteran superstar's presence in the lineup immediately make the Broncos favorites to represent the AFC in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans next February?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b390c/article/peyton-manningled-broncos-suddenly-afc-favorites?module=HP11_cp
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyMon Mar 19 2012, 22:41

It's no big secret that Elway (and Fox to an extent) never rated Tebow, but I was still surprised to see them in the mix for Manning after the resurgence they had once Tebow was starting. That said, teams were definitely wise to Tebow's one dimensional play and the Patriots tore them to pieces...twice, so I think it would have been a different story under Tebow in 2012.

Regardless of whether Manning's back to his best, I'm still struggling to see what receiving weapons are at his disposal. Demaryius Thomas was Tebow's main target, but other than that...? They also lost Royal (who was pretty unproductive anyway) to the Chargers.

Another big question - if Alex Smith signs for the Dolphins, where do the 49ers go? I don't rate Smith, but he seems to work for the 49ers / Harbaugh, and I don't know that they have any better options at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyMon Mar 19 2012, 23:13

I thought that Denver would be the right team for Manning, the Titans have Hasselbeck and I believe that the Niners will strike a deal with Smith, now that Manning has decided. I'm sure that Dallas Clark will be signed by the Broncos pretty soon, that will give Peyton someone he's comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyTue Mar 20 2012, 06:34

Word on the street is Tebow to New England?? lol!
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyTue Mar 20 2012, 06:50

If Tebow goes New England he wont go as QB, too much depth in that area. He couldnt be a tight end because he wouldnt be able to push past gronk and hernandez, which leaves him back up to gree-ellis. Hes gonna go dolphins :/
Back to top Go down
Mr_Raider
Mr_Raider

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyTue Mar 20 2012, 07:04

Yeah, i agree. Back to Florida!
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyTue Mar 20 2012, 08:36

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b66a9/article/former-jaguars-qb-garrard-says-hes-joining-dolphins?module=HP11_headline_stack
Back to top Go down
titansman

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyTue Mar 20 2012, 12:56

Come on guys Tebow is an OK runner as QB but as a RB he's mediocre,my guess is Jacksonville as a starting QB because that Gabbert guy is just bad
Back to top Go down
Hawk37
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Hawk37

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyTue Mar 20 2012, 13:57

Interesting out of the teams that were interested in him i would of liked to of seen Manning go to Tennesse , I reckon Tebow will go to the Jaguars !
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyTue Mar 20 2012, 15:02

NFL.com reckons the Bills would be the best fit as Chan Gailey could use him like he did Kordell Stewart at Pittsburgh and would be able to bring him on. I have mixed feelings about Tebow. He's not a conventional QB, but he has won games, so he could be useful.
Back to top Go down
tmacman
Starter
Starter
tmacman

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyTue Mar 20 2012, 22:32

Superbowl contender? This is the kind of team I could see making the playoffs...but crashing out in the wildcard round.
Back to top Go down
Andyf
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyWed Mar 21 2012, 07:50

Anyone notice he was holding up
-an orange jersey (i.e. they prolly had to sew up a reebok alternate, it not being April 3rd)
-number 18. Which is a retired number in Denver. Plus I though he said he was leaving 18 in Indy.

Figured this was the forum to put such a nerdy post without getting too much abuse Smile
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyWed Mar 21 2012, 08:01

It was a reebok, bur if i was nike i would have used it as a marketing opportunity. Apparently they have said manning authentics wont be available for a while. Manning got a call from frank Tripucka saying if he wanted 18 he didnt mind it being un-retired
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyWed Mar 21 2012, 08:13

Manning signs for Denver D55e59c3

Feels weird. Like when Favre put on a jets jersey. By the way Andy, the Broncos are changing their home colours back to orange from this season.
Back to top Go down
obinug
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
obinug

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyWed Mar 21 2012, 08:34

Personally i think Manning should have retired. I dont want to see a future HoF quaterback end up half way down the league
Back to top Go down
Andyf
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyWed Mar 21 2012, 13:20

Billsfan wrote:

Feels weird. Like when Favre put on a jets jersey. By the way Andy, the Broncos are changing their home colours back to orange from this season.

Yeah I heard, why I figured it must be a reebok alt. Your pic confirms it, I couldn't make it out on NFLN. I hope (but don't expect) they go back to the lighter blue helmets
Back to top Go down
jigokusabre
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
jigokusabre

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyWed Mar 21 2012, 16:21

obinug wrote:
Personally i think Manning should have retired. I don't want to see a future HoF quaterback end up half way down the league

Joe Namath
Johnny Unitas
Fran Tarkenton
Joe Montana
Warren Moon
Brett Favre
Tom Brady?

He can still play (apparently) and still wants to play (obviously), so let him play. And don't be surprised if Tom Brady ends up in a similar situation. The Patriots are always willing to jettison aging talent when they feel they have something better, and Tom Brady is not going to lay it down for anyone. Tom Brady's playing at an elite level now, but when he signs his last contact, it may not be with New England.

Andyf wrote:
Anyone notice he was holding up
-an orange jersey (i.e. they prolly had to sew up a reebok alternate, it not being April 3rd)
-number 18. Which is a retired number in Denver. Plus I though he said he was leaving 18 in Indy.

Figured this was the forum to put such a nerdy post without getting too much abuse Smile

I know that Indy intends to retire his number, I never heard anything about him "leaving his number in Indy."

As for the retired number thing, NFL numbers are sometimes un-retired. The Seahawks unretired Steve Largent's #80 for Jerry Rice.

obinug wrote:
If Tebow goes New England he wont go as QB, too much depth in that area. He couldnt be a tight end because he wouldnt be able to push past gronk and hernandez, which leaves him back up to gree-ellis. Hes gonna go dolphins :/

Belichick was considering drafting Tebow, but McDaniel over-drafted him well before the Pats would have taken him. Both of them together might bode well for Tebow's presence in New England (though probably as a FB). Remember that BJGE is a free agent, and may not sign in New England. We may see a Ridley/Tebow backfield in New England.

Jacksonville and Miami could capitalize on the "Tebow bump," but Jacksonville is already paying a lot of money to Blane Gabbart and are trying to establish him as the franchise QB. Miami is probably the more likely destination... but then why sign David Gerrard?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver EmptyThu Mar 22 2012, 01:08

Can't pass up an opportunity to make a buck, I wonder what Nike thinks and who makes these?

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12793529&cp=12778362&pageType=shop&parentPage=shop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manning signs for Denver   Manning signs for Denver Empty

Back to top Go down

Manning signs for Denver
Page 1 of 1