NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brett Favre signs with the Vikings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Brett Favre signs with the Vikings Empty
PostSubject: Brett Favre signs with the Vikings   Brett Favre signs with the Vikings EmptyTue Aug 18 2009, 23:03

Brett Favre is coming back for more, as the 39-year-old quarterback turned his back on retirement for the second time in as many years.

Sporting a red No. 4 practice jersey, Favre joined his new teammates on the field. Favre took some snaps from center and delivered passes to receivers. Vikings backup QB John David Booty, who formerly wore No. 4 for the Vikings, had changed to jersey No. 9.

"I am excited about the opportunity to join this football team," Favre said. "From ownership, to coaching to the players, it is evident that everyone in the Vikings organization is committed to bringing the fans of Minnesota a Championship. I am eager to join my new teammates and get to work towards that goal."
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
dubbear
Probowler
Probowler
dubbear

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre signs with the Vikings   Brett Favre signs with the Vikings EmptyWed Aug 19 2009, 03:57

Glad he signed to be honest all the Favre watch stuff is finally over ,the crew of Nfl Network doubt he'll start the first game but come on he always starts,apparently he still has a torn rotator cuff that has calcified over which is why he turned down the Vikes at first,I still dont fear the vikings though as a bears fan NFC North just got a hell of a lot more interesting this season,Detroit with #1 draft pick Stafford ,Bears added Jay Cutler,Packers with second year starter Rodgers and now the Vikes add Favre . It'll be interesting to see which of Vikes other Qb 's gets cut ,John david Booty already losses his #4 jersey number but I think Tavaris Jackson will get the boot in minnesota,whats definate is that they wont keep 4 QB's on the roster.

dont think ive looked forward to a season as much.
Brett Favre signs with the Vikings 09000d5d811fce13_gallery_600

I wont however be buying one of these disgusting rags Cool
Brett Favre signs with the Vikings P6022165dt
Back to top Go down
Bubs
Starter
Starter
Bubs

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre signs with the Vikings   Brett Favre signs with the Vikings EmptyWed Aug 19 2009, 07:51

He must really dislike spending time with his family Wink he should have stayed retired from the packers and left it at that, all he's doing now is tarnishing his career. He's earnt the money and got the accolades why not just enjoy his life, if he needs to work that much im sure nfl network would have picked him up.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre signs with the Vikings   Brett Favre signs with the Vikings EmptyWed Aug 19 2009, 10:19

I agree Bubs. He just wants another Superbowl ring, which I can understand. I always liked Favre's passion for the game, he's a hall of famer in waiting. He's got rings, unlike Marino or Kelly. I would have liked him to have stayed retired after leaving the Packers. He has tarnished his career, in my view. The jets were never a real contender last year so why did he sign with them? he certainly didn't need the cash.
At 39 years old, will he be able to go the whole season, we all know he'll play every game hurt or not, it's his way, but that can hurt the team. He'll drop off in the home stretch like he did last year. Jackson took the Vikes to the playoffs last season, I think this is a mistake. Teams need a franchise QB Favre has one maybe two seasons left in him. It's not a classy move on his part.

Still I'm looking forward to the First game against the Packers Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
BobsYourUncle

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre signs with the Vikings   Brett Favre signs with the Vikings EmptyWed Aug 19 2009, 12:33

I'm pleased that Favre is back. As has been said before, he doesn't need the money, he doesn't need the accolades.... he obviously just loves playing football. That's great. It's for that reason that I don't really think he's taking a giant dump on his legacy. He's like the Terry Funk of the NFL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brett Favre signs with the Vikings   Brett Favre signs with the Vikings Empty

Back to top Go down

Brett Favre signs with the Vikings
Page 1 of 1