NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldash
Rookie
Rookie

Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS) Empty
PostSubject: Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS)   Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS) EmptyFri Jul 13 2012, 21:52

UPDATED: CHECK LAST POST IN THIS THREAD FOR LINKS TO LIMITED JERSEYS ONLINE

Signed up for these forums to spread the word --- Nike's NFL Limited Jerseys are now on sale, but only for certain teams. This was the jersey I decided to purchase, since I've always been a fan of the look and feel of the "replithentics" and "premier" jerseys.

I own a Portis Broncos Reebok Premier from the mid 2000's and it's still holding up today for me, so I'm anxiously awaiting the Limited design.

Anyhoo, the Cowboys page at NFL Shop seems to be selling 9 Limited jerseys, the only white being Romo's at this time. Mostly dark unis and throwbacks. I think Nike has a shortage of white material for consumer uniforms --- at least that's what my source within the Bills merchandise department seems to tell me. The official Bears and Browns stores are also selling Limiteds.

Wish I could post links for convenience's sake but new member regulations say I have to wait a week to do so. Oh, well. Hopefully someone can back me up on this and post them up for me.

Nike seems to be rolling these jerseys out incrementally, which is OK, but I spoke with the customer service rep at the Bills Store in Orchard Park yesterday (live down the street) and he mentioned that the Bills' limited jersey stock won't be in until August and only for 3 or 4 players. He mentioned Dareus, Fitzpatrick and either Fred Jackson or Stevie Johnson. Those are pretty slim pickings, especially since Mario and Kyle Williams aren't included (at least at the onset). I'm probably going to hold out for a Dareus in that case. It's my first year with season tickets and I'm looking to ring it in with a new jersey I can wear to every game.

Just wanted to pass this news along to those wondering what happened to Nike's Limited jerseys. They do exist, they are in stock and they are releasing, just on a very slow team-by-team basis.

Last edited by Goldash on Sat Jul 21 2012, 05:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS)   Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS) EmptySat Jul 14 2012, 16:20

Thanks for the update Goldash, I'm interested in the differences between the limited jersey and the elite. If you want you can email me the links and I'll post them for you nfljerseysuk@hotmail.co.uk.

https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
Pete1960
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS)   Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS) EmptySat Jul 14 2012, 17:27

Will the limited jerseys be going on sale for all teams at some point?
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS)   Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS) EmptySat Jul 14 2012, 17:57

Pete1960 wrote:
Will the limited jerseys be going on sale for all teams at some point?

I'm sure they will.

Goldash
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS)   Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS) EmptyFri Jul 20 2012, 19:33

All right, wanted to update my thread with some good news --- The Bills Store is finally selling Limiteds online and in person at Ralph Wilson Stadium. I was able to see them in person today and they are literally half Game jersey, half Elite. Note: the photos on the Bills site don't include a Bills logo above the nameplate. The photos are incorrect --- the ones I saw in store had the logo in the right place. Here's the link: http://www.shopthebills.com/adult-limited-buffalo-bills-jerseys.aspx

There were only two jerseys in stock (Fred Jackson and Ryan Fitzpatrick, with a Marcell Dareus expected in stock next week), but I took a quick look to see what they were about. First of all, I'm not sure if the Flywire Collars on the Limiteds are legit. It almost looks fake to me --- the stitching on the flywire collar is very strange looking, almost screenprinted. Good news is, the Bills wordmark on the front is totally stitched on, as are the letters and the Nike swooshes. Awesome quality there and an upgrade on the Reebok Premiers which only had the names and numbers stitched/raised. Sleeve stripes are screenprinted and the Bills logo above the nameplate is almost made from the same material as the NFL shield. The numbers aren't of the best quality -- they remind me a bit of the NHL "Premier" jerseys, but I guess that's exactly how they are on the legit uniforms. Could be wrong. They had an Elite in stock behind the desk for comparison's sake and the difference is tremendous --- I just don't feel like spending $300 on a jersey I'll only wear a handful of times, so I'm probably just going with the Limited. I'm not sure if I prefer them to the Reebok Premiers overall, but the stitching on the wordmark/swoosh and flywire (if it's real, that is) more than makes up for it.

The cut of the Limited jersey is much more like the Game than the Elite and it seems to even be the same type of material as the Game jersey on the surface. It all depends on what you want in a jersey, but I think 135 is a good value for a jersey like this. I just don't see myself planning on buying an Elite anytime soon, so this works for me.

Now that I have link posting privileges, here are the places in my original post with Limited jerseys in stock:

NFLShop.com - Search results with Bears, Packers, Cowboys and Saints Limiteds: http://www.nflshop.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=nike%20limited&origkw=Nike+Limited&f=Taxonomy/NFL/2429790&sr=1

Official Bears Shop - Nike Limiteds on top of page: http://store.chicagobears.com/chicago-bears-nike-jerseys.aspx

Official Cowboys Shop - Nike Limiteds: http://www.shopcowboys.com/catalog/limited,16.htm

Official Browns Shop (Horrible preview pictures, though): http://www.clevelandbrownsteamshop.com/nike-limited/index.php?v=browns_jerseys_nike-limited

FansEdge (lots of styles not seen on any site yet): http://www.fansedge.com/NFL-Merchandise-_-131222321_PG.html?searchType=3&search=Limited%20Nike&pagenum=1
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS)   Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS) EmptySat Jul 21 2012, 09:28

Thanks for all the research Goldash. I was never a fan of the Reebok premiers to be honest, they never looked right on me, these limited's don't look too bad in the pictures, I might be tempted but I'd like to see one in the flesh.

Last edited by Billsfan on Sat Jul 21 2012, 19:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS)   Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS) EmptySat Jul 21 2012, 16:03

I was never a fan of Reebok's premiers either, but interested to see what the Nike equivalents are like.

I was in Buffalo a few weeks ago and they had Fitzpatrick "game" (replica) jerseys in the Nike store. I was actually really impressed with them. The jerseys are better made than Reeboks replicas (I always found Reebok to be very "meshy") and the numbers look really good.

I splashed out on a Freeman Bucs elite (pics to follow...) which I'm pretty happy with, but I wouldn't justify spending that kind of money on any of my other teams. I am pretty tempted to get a Bills / Chargers game jersey though, based on the quality of the Fitzpatrick I saw.

I'd be keen to see pictures of the limited jerseys in the flesh, once someone gets their hands on one.
Back to top Go down
Goldash
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS)   Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS) EmptySat Jul 21 2012, 21:50

I'm most likely going to purchase a Limited Dareus when it arrives (within the next few weeks) so I'll post photos in the "Your Latest Pick-Up" forum.

I also prefer the Nike Game jerseys to the previous Reebok replicas, but I'm still kinda iffy about them. They remind me of kids' jerseys from the early to mid 90's --- I remember having a Kelly jersey as a kid with very similar numbers and lettering --- screenprinted, yes, but durable and not printed on mesh. Needless to say, I kept that Kelly jersey and it still looks decent nearly 20 years later. Real question with those Games is their durability --- hopefully the numbers won't fade after a few years of heavy use.

I recently pulled out the Portis Reebok Premier from 2004 that I own and while I like the fabric, the screnprinted logos and the numbers really don't look all that good in comparison with Nike's Limited. My Portis has gone through a few loads of laundry over the years and the numbers are as puffy and faded as your average counterfeit jersey would be after one laundry cycle. The tackle-twill numbers on Nike's Limited aren't necessarily better (only one layer is "fully stitched" on) but time will tell how durable they'll be.

Long story short, I think the Limiteds are pretty good value as an intermediary between the Game and Elite and also at the $135 price mark. It doesn't have the "Nike mesh" like the Elite and the Flywire collar looks iffy, but nearly everything is stitched and is pretty high quality. Will definitely post pics when I receive it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS)   Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS) Empty

Back to top Go down

Nike Limited Jerseys now on sale! (NOW WITH LINKS)
Page 1 of 1