NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Great game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Great game Empty
PostSubject: Great game   Great game EmptySun Sep 15 2013, 22:24

Boy oh boy did the Bills have me thumping the arms of my chair tonight, then a TD with 2 seconds left! EJ Manuel gets his first win. If the Bills could stop the stupid penalties then we could have won easily, both against the Pats last week and Carolina this week. Some work for Doug Marrone to do. But a thrilling win in the end, but I'd rather a three TD lead into the fourth any day.
Back to top Go down
https://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

Great game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great game   Great game EmptySun Sep 15 2013, 23:04

It was an amazing comeback. The Bills dug themselves a bit of a hole though - pretty sure they had 2 fouls in the second half which handed the ball back to the Panthers (one on 4th when the Panthers were punting and (Aaron) Williams' personal foul on a third down) and Carolina scored on both drives. Great to see Mario Williams coming good and proving he is worth last years' contract. Did he finish with 4.5 sacks?

I was watching the Chargers game at the same time. They kicked the game winning FG about 10 seconds before Manuel's game-winning TD! Definitely makes up for last week when the Bucs, Bills and Chargers all lost to FGs on the final drive.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Great game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great game   Great game EmptyMon Sep 16 2013, 19:44

Yeah dumb penalties put us in a hole, Mario did get 4.5 sacks. I was pleased to see the D stop the run for the most part too.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

Great game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great game   Great game EmptyMon Sep 16 2013, 19:47

I'm heading down for the Ravens game in a couple of weeks, so hoping for more of the same. Would prefer if it didn't go down to pretty much the final play of the game, but I actually think they're in with a chance of beating the Ravens, given the teams' respective performances over the first couple of weeks. Sounds like Rice could miss the game too.
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Great game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great game   Great game EmptyMon Sep 16 2013, 19:50

That should be a good game. The Ravens aren't the team they were last year so you do stand a good chance, what's going on with Freeman this year, how come he wasn't given captain again?
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

Great game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great game   Great game EmptyMon Sep 16 2013, 20:03

I meant the Ravens @ Bills game by the way. I live about an hour's drive from the stadium (unfortunately it takes longer thanks to US customs), so it'd be rude not to! Not going to coincide with any Bucs games in Florida this year, I'm afraid.

I don't know what was up with Freeman not being made a Captain again. He's in a contract year, and I don't think Schiano is sold on him. It won't exactly have filled him with confidence knowing the team don't seem to share the belief they once had in him either.

I genuinely think that Glennon will be starting by the end of this year and Freeman will be let go in free agency. He's just been so inconsistent the last couple of years, and makes a lot of poor decisions that result in turnovers.

If he can come good this year, I think the only real position of weakness is at TE. We lost the first 2 games on FGs in the final play of the game. Same thing cost us both weeks - a lot of really stupid penalties. We gave up 118 yards on penalties yesterday, compared to Freeman's 125 yards passing. Not a good ratio. Especially given the number of times we handed Brees free first downs in the process. One of those penalties was also an illegal formation on offense which only gave up 5 penalty yards, but nullified a 70 yard completion to Jackson. Wrong on so many levels!
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Great game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great game   Great game EmptyMon Sep 16 2013, 20:13

I thought you meant the Bills game, I meant 'you' as a general 'you'. I'm just jealous.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

Great game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great game   Great game EmptyMon Sep 16 2013, 20:21

Ah, okay. I thought you would have referred to the Bills as "we", which is what threw me. I'll send you a picture of me high-fiving Manuel if "we" win Cool
Back to top Go down
Billsfan
Admin
Admin
Billsfan

Great game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great game   Great game EmptyMon Sep 16 2013, 22:19

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great game Empty