NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drew Brees jersey on ebay, Onfield Reebok. Fake?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
liljohn332001

Drew Brees jersey on ebay, Onfield Reebok. Fake? Empty
PostSubject: Drew Brees jersey on ebay, Onfield Reebok. Fake?   Drew Brees jersey on ebay, Onfield Reebok. Fake? EmptyTue Sep 24 2013, 17:17

If anyone could tell me if this is real or fake please? Can't post links but the Ebay Item number is 141069396259

What concerns me is the NFL logo on the collar. It looks slanted to the left.

I am the current only bidder, Have a question to the seller about where it was purchased no response yet.

I appreciate any help. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Drew Brees jersey on ebay, Onfield Reebok. Fake?   Drew Brees jersey on ebay, Onfield Reebok. Fake? EmptyTue Sep 24 2013, 17:43

It's definitely fake. The numbers are too shiny and puffy, and the gold twill / collar etc. is brighter than the material used in legit Saints' jerseys.

Reebok also never made captain patches (same with Superbowl patches etc.) on retail authentics. This is a common feature on fakes. Some people will add patches to legit jerseys so it's not always a dead giveaway, but it's definitely cause for concern on 99% of the jerseys listed on eBay that do have patches.

The jock tag and NFL Equipment logo also give the fact that it's fake away.

The last thing is the style of the jersey. Note that the mesh runs all the way up the shoulders. The saints jerseys should have a horizontal line running just below the NFL Equipment logo on the collar where the mesh stops and the shoulder fabric starts.

Here is a legit Brees that will show you what I mean about the gold colour as well as the mesh:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270993851702
Back to top Go down
liljohn332001

PostSubject: Re: Drew Brees jersey on ebay, Onfield Reebok. Fake?   Drew Brees jersey on ebay, Onfield Reebok. Fake? EmptyTue Sep 24 2013, 18:13

Thank you, I am having the seller cancel my bid. I see what you are saying about the line across the top of the jersey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drew Brees jersey on ebay, Onfield Reebok. Fake?   Drew Brees jersey on ebay, Onfield Reebok. Fake? Empty

Back to top Go down

Drew Brees jersey on ebay, Onfield Reebok. Fake?
Page 1 of 1