NFL Jersey Fan Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

The place for Jersey heads to share their passion for collecting.

Home pageHome page  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  How to spot a FakeHow to spot a Fake  eBay sellers listseBay sellers lists  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DoubleA!

Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay? Empty
PostSubject: Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay?   Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay? EmptyFri Feb 24 2012, 23:43

I got a fake jersey for about $40, hoping it was real. I've been in contact with the seller who says he got it from a friend who got it from Champs. The thing is he has a bunch for sale, so I'm thinking he gets them from China. He told me I could send it back for a refund if I don't take the tags off and was very apologetic after I said I may open a case with eBay. Should I open a case and possibly prevent others from getting a fake, or should I send it back and be happy to get my money back. Also, the seller has a pretty high rating, but I am 100% that it is fake. THANKS!
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay?   Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay? EmptySat Feb 25 2012, 00:32

Generally, if you're that suspicious about it - it will be fake. You can post the eBay item number, or the seller ID if you want us to confirm though. Opening a case with eBay will get your money back, but they're unlikely to take it seriously to the point where they shut the guy down. Even if they do, he'll just reappear under a new user name anyway.

You have the right attitude with trying to get the fakes off eBay, but it's a losing battle, sadly. It is just flooded with fakes and eBay have no control / interest in shutting them down. Even if eBay do contact the seller, if they protest and claim they're real, I don't think eBay have the knowledge to make a decision one way or the other (even if they're obviously fakes to people in the know.)
Back to top Go down
DoubleA!

PostSubject: Re: Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay?   Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay? EmptySat Feb 25 2012, 00:47

I would post the listing, but the photo is just a stock photo. I went on it because of his rating.
Back to top Go down
RJ3000
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
RJ3000

PostSubject: Re: Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay?   Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay? EmptySat Feb 25 2012, 00:53

Ah, okay. It's a big red flag when they do that - albeit I'm sure you realise that now (hindsight's a great thing!)

If you want to upload photos of the jersey to photobucket or something similar, you can PM me a link to the pictures and I'll check them out, if you wanted to be sure? You won't be able to post any web links, since you're a new member.
Back to top Go down
timb69
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
timb69

PostSubject: Re: Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay?   Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay? EmptySat Feb 25 2012, 01:28

If he listed it as an authentic, and it's DEF a fake, he is, in my opinion, guilty of theft by deception.
Back to top Go down
DoubleA!

PostSubject: Re: Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay?   Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay? EmptySat Feb 25 2012, 01:36

He listed it as Premier, but Premier jerseys have the logo on the chest screen printed, as well as the pats logo on the sleeve. This bad boy has all stitching. Either way the item was not properly listed. Of course now I have to go through the trouble of sending it back. GRRRR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay?   Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bought a fake jersey, should I tell eBay?
Page 1 of 1